This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

Re: Share your discoveries and inventions!
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »
The simple ideas are often the best. I use bungee cords for this task but I like your idea.

TomCrowther

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »
Is that bubble wrap all round the inside of the van for insulation purposes?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »
What's the thing that looks like a radiator attached to the tank

A radiator!   ;D

I don't really use it anymore, Sunshine, as the aquarium heat that I place in the tank radiates enough heat to act as a giant radiator, that continues to heat the back of the van throughout the working day.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 10:30:03 pm »
So, seeing as 'necessity is the mother of invention', is anyone working on a cure for a dirty pole being the main contributor to premature pole wear?

WD40 and a towel bud.

Sorry, that should of said, dirty pole hose.

Just the towel then bud.
Every time the pole goes back into the van run the hose through a towel before winding up.
That and strip down the pole and thoroughly flush out at the end of every month.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »
Is that bubble wrap all round the inside of the van for insulation purposes?

It is, Tom. It makes a tremendous difference in keeping the van warm, but it needs to be reinstalled.

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

deeege

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 06:45:07 am »
Got a link to the aquarium heater that you use?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 07:18:50 am »
I just put two lengths of wood across van to keep hosereel in place

How did you secure them, Windows?

Haven't ! the wood sits across the width of the van and the hosereel sits in between, it isn't going anywhere when I drive and I can lift it out when I'm doing removals

andyM

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 07:35:05 am »
What's the thing that looks like a radiator attached to the tank

A radiator!   ;D

I don't really use it anymore, Sunshine, as the aquarium heat that I place in the tank radiates enough heat to act as a giant radiator, that continues to heat the back of the van throughout the working day.

Have you got a link to the aquarium heater you use please Nick?
One of the Plebs

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 03:50:27 pm »
So, seeing as 'necessity is the mother of invention', is anyone working on a cure for a dirty pole being the main contributor to premature pole wear?

Isn't Aquadapter looking at something? I hope they are. It was a pleasure not having to clean the pole hose today and the ground was frozen so no bits. Wednesday was wet and was a nightmare. Its at times like this when I think it would be better to go back to running the hose on the outside of the pole.

I also suggested to Paul from A/D (long before he left them) that we need someone to come out with a better alternative to Protecta Balls. Mine gets hooked up everywhere.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

James Bulton

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:18 pm »
Would you buy a gadget to keep pole hose clean and will it  even wash poo of the hose in the process.I have designed just such a tool.It will be fastened to you hose reel.I am at this moment testing it.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 07:48:51 pm »

Deeege and Andy, I believe this is the one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-POWERED-500W-1000W-SUBMERSIBLE-AQUARIUM-COMBINED-HEATER-THERMOSTAT-/181271061099?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item2a3498e26b

One of these 1000w heaters in a 500 litre tank of water will raise the temperature to about 26-28 ºC in 7-8 hours, at about £1 in price.

PoleKing

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 08:01:50 pm »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-POWERED-500W-1000W-SUBMERSIBLE-AQUARIUM-COMBINED-HEATER-THERMOSTAT-/181271061099?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item2a3498e26b

One of these 1000w heaters in a 500 litre tank of water will raise the temperature to about 26-28 ºC in 7-8 hours, at about £1 in price.

I wouldnt've think of that.

If one of these is plopped in my tank.
Bearing in mind water holds heat well, will it be enough to stop the hoses freezing?
If so, it seems genius!
If not, it seems pointless as I'd still have to stick a heater in the van to keep the pump, L5 and hoses from freezing...
Anyone know?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

andyM

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »
Thank you Nick.  :)
One of the Plebs

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 08:16:59 pm »
A couple of other serendipitous discoveries I just happened upon:

Don a pair of these before you put on your working gloves and they will always smell as fresh as the dy you bought them.

And, the first section of an Unger pole just happens to be the right circumference to make a super light trad pole.

Making these somewhat obsolete:

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »

I wouldnt've think of that.

If one of these is plopped in my tank.
Bearing in mind water holds heat well, will it be enough to stop the hoses freezing?
If so, it seems genius!
If not, it seems pointless as I'd still have to stick a heater in the van to keep the pump, L5 and hoses from freezing...
Anyone know?

I did that all last winter, Darren. It works over night, as long as you don't insulate your tank, and throughout the day as the third law of thermodynamics dictates. (I enjoyed that one)

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
Thank you Nick.  :)

You're very welcome, Andy!

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 08:45:12 pm »

Isn't Aquadapter looking at something? I hope they are. It was a pleasure not having to clean the pole hose today and the ground was frozen so no bits. Wednesday was wet and was a nightmare. Its at times like this when I think it would be better to go back to running the hose on the outside of the pole.

Rather than concentrating on a piece of gadgetry, Spruce, to allow the pole hose to continue being use on the inside, as convenient as that would be, I've always imagined that the solution would come in the form of an efficient, super light weight, external pole hose guide; to do away with the problem of engineering a thingamajig, altogether.

chanster00

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 09:23:50 pm »
Cringe!  :-X

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:23 pm »
Cringe!  :-X

;D why's that Chanster? You no like?

chanster00

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 09:45:03 pm »
i just like organisation m8! people say i have a ocd but thats unbelievable!

The fish tank heater does it really work??????