This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: buying poles straight out of china
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »
 ;D

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2013, 10:03:43 pm »
Ok         I have resumed this thread.          you may continue

kempy

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2013, 10:08:45 pm »
Carry on buying gardiners poles , there very good quality poles as are the necks , hose , and various brushes . The CUSTIE Support is superb and the 6mm Thermobore is awesome . See I'm not anti gardiners , I buy from are fair few companies .
Just don't like the clamps and hence with the help from KevinC  I bought 2x vertical clamp poles from China .
Then due to demand I posted my thoughts , advice on how to import them and my experiences of them .
Simples

tench0771

« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
detto kempy gardeners r a very good compney but there clamps r shocking an a pain to use

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2013, 10:31:40 pm »
detto kempy gardeners r a very good compney but there clamps r shocking an a pain to use

Hi Lee

I responded to your post on another forum (tench) regarding this. How old is your SMax and have you let the Office know already that you have a problem?  If not, drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk with the details and we can sort it out.

tlwcs

« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2013, 10:40:33 pm »

Hi Lee

I responded to your post on another forum (tench) regarding this. How old is your SMax and have you let the Office know already that you have a problem?  If not, drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk with the details and we can sort it out.

Do it Lee.
Alex sent me the latest clamps (to replace the upgraded ones) after I'd written how poor the upgraded ones were.
They arrived today and I've fitted them to my poles, but have not used them for work. They are different and seem\feel better.
This to me is what buying local is all about. Yes I could save money, but what price is support worth?
Tony

tench0771

« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2013, 10:44:38 pm »
thats me alex thanks 4 the reply like i said top compney very good poles an good service  ur a top man but i just cant get on with the clamps i hardly use my super max but when i do i find it hard wrk with the clamps very frustrating having to adust them every other time my main pole is a 22ft facelift an it never needs twicking just how i like it my super max has the old clamps just so u no :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2013, 10:47:56 pm »
thats me alex thanks 4 the reply like i said top compney very good poles an good service  ur a top man but i just cant get on with the clamps i hardly use my super max but when i do i find it hard wrk with the clamps very frustrating having to adust them every other time my main pole is a 22ft facelift an it never needs twicking just how i like it my super max has the old clamps just so u no :)

You shouldn't have to think about the clamps - they should just do their job. Drop me an email and we can sort it.

tench0771

« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »

Hi Lee

hi toney i havent tryed the new clamps so im clueluss to how they r  but the old ones just rnt 4 me

Do it Lee.
Alex sent me the latest clamps (to replace the upgraded ones) after I'd written how poor the upgraded ones were.
They arrived today and I've fitted them to my poles, but have not used them for work. They are different and seem\feel better.
This to me is what buying local is all about. Yes I could save money, but what price is support worth?
Tony

Pete Thompson

« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2013, 10:50:09 pm »
I find it funny all these people saying "I will only every buy gardiners"

Where do you think gardiners get their poles from????

CHINA

That is all.

(Yes they may stick their own clamps etc on, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that the carbon fibre sections come from china.)

tench0771

« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:33 pm »

You shouldn't have to think about the clamps - they should just do their job. Drop me an email and we can sort it.
thanks alex will do, ive bin umming an rrrring wether to upgrade the clamps or not to prolong my super max an make it easer to use

gary999

« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2013, 11:27:56 pm »
Highly amusing.

I think I'm gonna throw all my Gardiner poles in the river. Go cold
Turkey and buy some brodex poles.

I shop with Alex mainly for the service. Ordered countless times and never had any issues.

dont throw them away...give them to me,im sure i can diy a decent pole
out of them ;D

kempy

« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2013, 11:57:41 pm »
So there us a upgrade clamp on the previous upgrade clamps or am I reading this wrong . TONY 789 ???

Mine was the black cam/ little spring  , £30 ish ...
Then already another upgrade ,
It's like buying a car and getting a product re-call back .

Are you sure I'm in the minority , that just a few don't like these clamps .
Personally I feel there is a lot now not liking the original Upgraded clamp .

I put up with mine , always will as I have a 25 & 30 ft slx's , the clamps sorted the spinning sections out , but the operation of them having to be adjusted tightened up and sometimes going 180 degrees away from where they should be re-housed is not good .
I've fitted the new threaded loctite bolts you sent me but just the same response .
Is the Cam big enough ??
To me it needs something to stop the spinning of the lever , increasing the cam shim ?, making cross thread the bolt once it's in position so it therefore can't work Loose x- but loctite should Dort that I think
What's the new new upgrade clamp look like ???

Anyway a good product , neck,brushes , sections , but the clamps " work in progress I feel "

tlwcs

« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2013, 07:41:26 am »
So there us a upgrade clamp on the previous upgrade clamps or am I reading this wrong . TONY 789 ???

Mine was the black cam/ little spring  , £30 ish ...
Then already another upgrade ,
It's like buying a car and getting a product re-call back .

Are you sure I'm in the minority , that just a few don't like these clamps .
Personally I feel there is a lot now not liking the original Upgraded clamp .

I put up with mine , always will as I have a 25 & 30 ft slx's , the clamps sorted the spinning sections out , but the operation of them having to be adjusted tightened up and sometimes going 180 degrees away from where they should be re-housed is not good .
I've fitted the new threaded loctite bolts you sent me but just the same response .
Is the Cam big enough ??
To me it needs something to stop the spinning of the lever , increasing the cam shim ?, making cross thread the bolt once it's in position so it therefore can't work Loose x- but loctite should Dort that I think
What's the new new upgrade clamp look like ???

Anyway a good product , neck,brushes , sections , but the clamps " work in progress I feel "

Kempy,
I'm not sure of if they are an upgrade or whether some or the initial upgrade had faulty nylon nuts. You would have to talk directly to Alex, then there maybe something that can be done.

I'm also sure Gardiners don't care where you and I buy our poles from, but they care about the ones they've sold and go to great lengths to make sure they work properly.

Vertical or traverse, they should just work.
I will let you know how these new ones get on.
Tony

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2013, 07:53:50 am »
The whole point of starting this thread was to find a source for a quality pole at a cheaper price  to that being offered in the uk
The hardest thing to sort was knowing a trusted seller
kempty he has supplied this  imfo giving the likes of me  and other the chance to buy  at a discounted price
I now have the choice
I for one am very grateful and think its a bit unfair looking at some of the comments being aimed his way
Because of him I can now buy a pole that suits my needs saving my self around 300 quid  by buying from his chinease trusted supplier and I now im not going to get fleeced
A choice I would never have had prior to him giving me the details
Isnt this what this forums all about helping each other
His not forcing anyone in buying from abroad just letting you know there is a decent alternative out there
Thanks again kempy
Stand before my gates and be judged

kempy

« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2013, 08:45:54 am »
Cheers mr Newton , exactly what a forum is about .
Idea's , advice , tips ,save money , broaden our suppliers base , learn from others mistakes , meet up , share ideas .

The forums have made me do a DIY gas heater installed for about £200 - thanks to Jonny's excellent post , dezmond similar as well . That would of cost me £800 to get it done by a company .
That's what forum's are about .

The China pole mate , if you buy a 45ft full carbon fibre one for occasional use , you might as well but the 18ft or 23ft for the cost of hardly any extra in import tax and delivery .
He supplies the ALLOY NECKS for about £4 to £8 I think .
A set of spare clamps £3  I think

To buy is your choice , had mine 3 months and been excellent .
KevinC has had all his 3 poles the same time as well , with two person working them full time .

The choice is yours , the post initially to do what you said , has achieved this in aa roundabout way .

Enjoyed the post , the banter , and the negative comments have been ok , a little bit over the top when all we wanted to do was highlight another SUPPLIER or another choice .

I think all carbon fibre production is carried out by just 4 companies in China , then you can add your own name on the poles etc via  another company that prints etc .
But what gardiners , aqua adaptor do is probably invent their own clamps , carbon tolerances and sectional diameters content of carbon etc .
The UK suppliers do a great job and offer this to us at reasonable prices , but KevinC did all the donkey work , great knowledge and sourced for me and himself a VERTICAL CLAMPING FULL CARBON FIBRE POLE , At a good price .

tlwcs

« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2013, 09:03:07 am »
Kempy, I'm sorry mate. By saying clamps I meant levers.
I have not had new Clamps. I would still talk to Alex via email.
Tony

kempy

« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:50 am »
I've had new threaded loctite bolts sent , and fitted them , but still awkward to use .
I'll still use them

ben M

« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:01 am »
kempy, it is your right not to like the clamps from gardiner but please don't say they are rubbish, you just don't like them  ;)

gary999

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2013, 10:17:41 am »
if he doesnt like them, his opinion is that they are rubbish
an opinion he is entitled to no matter what you think

getting above yourself again freddy...do i have mention
that name again that makes your behind go ten pence...sixpence