This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ronnie Bryce

Re: buying poles straight out of china
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2013, 07:56:32 am »
I often wonder if Kempy's poles were made and sold for the same price just down the road, would everyone not be scampering to buy them and sing the praise of the company who sold them.

It was a good thread in an world of commerce that is getting smaller and easier to trade in as the internet grow's.
All who have knocked him for giving out detail's of a competitive product, really are stuck in the mud sad little people.  
how do you know is a competitive product, did you buy one?

I think with the two guy's who are using them giving the thumb's up and the price they paid, competitive seem's relevant.

What so you take the opinion of two guys over thousands upon thousands of others?

It might be a few quid cheaper but it will take more than just "two guys" to convince most people. To prove that point, how many have actually ordered one of these poles? Out of almost 1800 views, not even a handful seem to have done so?

Winpro, I have not got a clue what that statement means, it has no relevance to what I actually posted in your quote. I suggest you read what I said again and try to understand what my point is.

Dave Mills

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2013, 08:00:24 am »
Im thinking of buying my next van in mainland China and having it shipped here. I should be able to save around 50% on the price of a new van.  Who is interested in doing it with me?

After that I think Ill move on to clothing, shoes and household electrical goods.  Much better to buy direct than to have middle men making a profit.  Ill save a fortune.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2013, 09:00:38 am »
Well me old Chinoise and Chinoises ...

Kempy had an SLX25 and SLX35; bought an 18 and a 45.

Well I would surmise that any c/f 18 is going to feel much lighter than a 25.

Of course if his "broken hand?" could cope with the clamps all he need have done was bought the 45. Why you ask? Yes, why Gold? I'll tell you...

Take the SLX35 and remove largest 3 sections; put a splitter in the pole hose so you haven't got loops of extra hose to deal with (but can add it if you need to). You now have a four section  SLX "20" - more useful than an SLX18 and less heavy than an SLX22 or SLX25.

You now have an "SLX20", an SLX25 and a Shanghai 45.

You have saved the cost of the 18ft pole! You have 2ft of extra reach!

As my reward please send "Alf" the helper round from the local take-away with a Hong Kong Sweet and Sour and chips please - I like a British-Chinese mix; very tasty.

It's a game of three halves!

ben M

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2013, 09:03:49 am »
Well me old Chinoise and Chinoises ...

Kempy had an SLX25 and SLX35; bought an 18 and a 45.

Well I would surmise that any c/f 18 is going to feel much lighter than a 25.

Of course if his "broken hand?" could cope with the clamps all he need have done was bought the 45. Why you ask? Yes, why Gold? I'll tell you...

Take the SLX35 and remove largest 3 sections; put a splitter in the pole hose so you haven't got loops of extra hose to deal with (but can add it if you need to). You now have a four section  SLX "20" - more useful than an SLX18 and less heavy than an SLX22 or SLX25.

You now have an "SLX20", an SLX35 and a Shanghai 45.

You have saved the cost of the 18ft pole! You have 2ft of extra reach!

As my reward please send "Alf" the helper round from the local take-away with a Hong Kong Sweet and Sour and chips please - I like a British-Chinese mix; very tasty.

;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:51 am »
>Lee at Neighbourhood Wash (Brilliant name BTW)

Go and buy an SLX 22 for £188. Just do it. If you're scratching for cash ask a friend or family to lend you it - you'll get the money back in spades by being able to do much more work in a day if you stop messing around with those scaffolding poles; don't waste time investigating a Chinese option.

I've had my SLX's 3 and 5 years and they work fine.

>Anyone else - With the new SLX47 available at £496 - why would you go to China? For occasional use you won't need the extreme and you'll get all those solar panels and 5th floors too!

>Alex Gardiner

A pint of finest Cornish ale to go with my take away please for endorsing your products!

It's a game of three halves!

H20cleaning

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:03 am »
Im thinking of buying my next van in mainland China and having it shipped here. I should be able to save around 50% on the price of a new van.  Who is interested in doing it with me?

After that I think Ill move on to clothing, shoes and household electrical goods.  Much better to buy direct than to have middle men making a profit.  Ill save a fortune.

Couldnt agree more!! There is usually a reason why we dont order from china and places like that.

gary999

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2013, 05:09:42 pm »
you lot should go and tell most of the western world thats dying to
open trade with the chinese how poope they are..about time
somebody who knows what they are talking about told cameron to
get his arse back home and stop wasting tax payers money in china ;D

my own experience of chinese products in my former employment
was they were very good at reproducing existing products but wasnt
so quick on the uptake when it came to new ideas

andyM

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2013, 05:56:03 pm »
you lot should go and tell most of the western world thats dying to
open trade with the chinese how poope they are..about time
somebody who knows what they are talking about told cameron to
get his arse back home and stop wasting tax payers money in china ;D

my own experience of chinese products in my former employment
was they were very good at reproducing existing products but wasnt
so quick on the uptake when it came to new ideas

Ahem I would beg to differ.....(cough)....http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2012-09/07/content_15741864.htm  ;D
One of the Plebs

Jonny 87

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »
Well that's me done ...
I will just read on this forum from now on .
I did here of the reputation of this forum being a bit bullish and not so friendly .
Lesson learned , maybe I've been too critical at times , my fault , a little bit naive on my part .
Some things written down get read a different way to how I wanted then to be read .

C ya
Have a good Xmas

Dont let the door smack you on your backside on your way out.

How mature Mr Mills.

You would think this was a public forum for people to express their views and experiences!

How scandalous of kempy to say he dislikes part of a product, and also save others hundreds of pounds by highlighting an alternative product.

Shocking!
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

kempy

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
Hi - I didn't have a problem with the clamps when I broke my hand .
I've never liked the  UPGRADED clamps , always having to adjust them etc as you all know - I think the cam is too big , or the gap between the cam and the lever is too big.
Anyway I'm no expert on manufacturing or innovation .

Gardiners still produce and sell loads of great products and good CUSTIE service / back up , just like aqua adaptor and pure freedom .... , and the little shop in Hunslet /Leeds.

I'm just a independant window cleaner who uses several companies . I'm not blinkered or biased to any company , there's good and bad in them all .

TODAY I used my 30ft slx for 30 mins , then my 18ft CHINA POLE for 3 hours .
Then my 25ft slx for 30 mins and then the last 2 hours back to the CHINA POLE .

So I'm not one dimensional . But I did have to mess about again with the clamps going the other way etc .

I love my gardiner CILL. Brushes and CARBON NECKS. . Thermobore 6 mm reel hose etc . I love my aqua adaptor .

I did not initiate this post , I just OPENED YOUR eyes up to another way of buying poles , I'm i bothered if you bought them , no , not really as I have nothing to gain from it financially or personally . I don't even know the seller apart from he is very helpful , positive and solves any issue instantly .

I have been grateful for persons who first put me onto gardiner poles etc , the aqua adaptor , pure freedom , protectakote , the buying of the gas AMERY heater .
All this advise and tips on buying a variety of products came from me getting ADVICE FROM GUYS SUCH AS YOURSELVES ON THE FORUMS .

The plastic van liner trays on ebay at £25-£35 are my next purchase - again a tip from this forum .

All I was doing was giving advice on a new cheaper alternative full carbon fibre pole , yes I was probably too critical of the upgraded gardiner clamp , lesson learned , but it is a rubbish upgrade in my OPINION and a few others .

I'm grateful of kev telling me about these poles , great advice the 45 ft at £320 was a marvellous buy for the few hours I use it weekly .

Think just a few on here need to lighten up a bit and maybe use a bit of variety in there tool-kits .
A few are probably testers etc for certain products/companies and hence are totally biased and bullish on this product - who knows .

I'm  just a  hard working  honest person who uses a variety of companies and products and takes some superb advice from 90% of the persons on here .

windiewasher

« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2013, 08:02:34 pm »
You lot make me laugh ;D
im not buying from china im buying from gardiners  ;D
its ok cause gardiners buy from china and charge you more.
Fair play to you Kempy if you like your poles from china good on you.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2013, 08:03:44 pm »
I am a big gardiner fan. But if something works better I will use that instead.

I think you guys will like my next video ;)

kempy

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2013, 08:04:12 pm »
Yes I thought the comment from Dave mills was laughable , amazing .
My advice wasnt't aimed at him to buy poles , or to even like the poles . Amazing to be so aggressive etc .

Myself a trained ex Army mechanic and Kevin a ex engineer and very very clever bloke in a number of ways are two persons who have took a gamble on buying these poles for PERSONAL USE , and not for any monetary / sales gain .
Gave the advice out on this forum and to many via personal email , I never advertised it on here as I respect the forum etc and don't believe in advertising stuff too much . Someone I emailed stuff to , then posted it up on here , but then removed it , nice one.

All in all , buy what you want and advise and comment on your experiences .
WE ALL WILL GAIN from advice

Dave Mills

« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
Well that's me done ...
I did here of the reputation of this forum being a bit bullish and not so friendly .
Lesson learned , maybe I've been too critical at times , my fault , a little bit naive on my part .
Some things written down get read a different way to how I wanted then to be read .

C ya
Have a good Xmas

Dont let the door smack you on your backside on your way out.

How mature Mr Mills.

You would think this was a public forum for people to express their views and experiences!

How scandalous of kempy to say he dislikes part of a product, and also save others hundreds of pounds by highlighting an alternative product.

Shocking!

I have no beef with anyone arguing any point on this forum.  I do have a beef with someone who then flounces out because people are arguing back, and I reserve the right to mercilessly take the p*ss out of them.

So Im clearly on the same side as you. See?

Public forum: Check
Place for people to express their views: Check
Place to say you dislike a product: Check
Place to help people save money: Check

I agree with you entirely.  My comment was specifically over the two year old tantrum when he flounced out.

Dave Mills

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »
Yes I thought the comment from Dave mills was laughable , amazing .
My advice wasnt't aimed at him to buy poles , or to even like the poles . Amazing to be so aggressive etc .

Myself a trained ex Army mechanic and Kevin a ex engineer and very very clever bloke in a number of ways are two persons who have took a gamble on buying these poles for PERSONAL USE , and not for any monetary / sales gain .
Gave the advice out on this forum and to many via personal email , I never advertised it on here as I respect the forum etc and don't believe in advertising stuff too much . Someone I emailed stuff to , then posted it up on here , but then removed it , nice one.

All in all , buy what you want and advise and comment on your experiences .
WE ALL WILL GAIN from advice

As stated above, my comment was about you flouncing off like a toddler and threatening never to talk again because people (not me) were rude to you.  Man up.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »
I would still love to see a picture of these poles?

and intil then I will have a open mind ;D

kempy

« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:23 pm »
Well that's me done ...

C ya
Have a good Xmas

I don't think I acted like a baby , I was just a little bit shocked at some aggressive posters and the way they attacked me for just posting some advice .
I'm big enough to take critism and wasn't acting like a child .
Like I said , posting my experiences
That's all, Man up , that sums up your language etc .

kempy

« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2013, 10:04:43 pm »
I'll take a few pictures franky on my ipad and send them to your email and then you post on here
Cheers

Jonny 87

« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »
Here's a pic of them.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »
99% of my work is done with one pole only - a thirty foot Extreme. Never break it down any shorter than that.

The problem I see with the pole above is the size of the clamps. Lateral clamps serve a purpose - to reduce the total clamp area of a collapsed pole.