This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

Re: buying poles straight out of china
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:06 am »
Hi Kempy,

Im using two brodex poles one 28ft glass fibre and an Ali (bigger one) :)  wondered why my friends were laughing at the size of my arms!!! tried my friends carbon fibre and nearly threw it over my head it was so light.
Im in desperate need of a carbon fibre pole please could you send me details as well??

lee@neighbourhoodwash.co.uk

thanks

kempy

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2013, 08:28:44 am »
I can't do pictures , I'm into my third month I think , never adjusted them etc and working fine .
I think their stronger than my slx's in terms of the clamps and the sections .

But in confidence I say ,  I'm sure you've bought blind before .
If you have email I'll send your details to him and then he will send you the information pictures etc

I know of 6 of these poles being used with no problem .

H20cleaning

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2013, 09:31:44 am »
Basically anyone who buys one of them poles is saving money, thats great!
What happens if it comes and a clamps bust? Or you use it for a few weeks and the sections spin?

At least with gardiners we know we will get sorted!
I just think its alot of money with no refunds or help if needed.

When a mechanic buys tools he will always say "it doesnt pay to buy cheap tools"

kevinc

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:18 pm »
Basically anyone who buys one of them poles is saving money, thats great!
What happens if it comes and a clamps bust? Or you use it for a few weeks and the sections spin?

At least with gardiners we know we will get sorted!
I just think its alot of money with no refunds or help if needed.

When a mechanic buys tools he will always say "it doesnt pay to buy cheap tools"
see your point there damo,you can order a spare set of clamps at purchase think they work out about £2.50 each,clamp levers are available in the uk from a well known supplier,as for spinning sections mine haven't shown one hint of spinning or wearing at that point or any point on the pole sections-even if they ever do i would do what you do and laquer the sections back up,the pole is used yesterday saved me half an hour over a three hour job yesterday just by the clamps being easier and more ergonomic than any other clamp i have ever used

kempy

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »
Used my 18ft yesterday kev , and it's a bind when I get the slx's 25ft or 30ft out because I lose time messing about with the clamps .
25ft has got the old style clamps , 2012 pole , and it's what 18month old and needs the upgraded clamps that are still pathetic to use .

Persons on here knock us for buying these China poles , personally I'd be annoyed like I have been that I bought a 25ft SLX at what £400 ? , that needs another set of upgraded clamps that are still poor , I've lacquered the sections etc .

I'm sure this BULLET PROOF China pole will need far less TLC than the expensive

I would never buy another SLX or extreame as they are very expensive and are fitted with pathetic clamps to use in operation in my opinion .
It's like having a Ferrari with my transit engine in it .

I feel the slx next generation clamp , and I'm sure their will be another upgrade - I wonder why - surely needs to be totally different .

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2013, 01:10:30 pm »
With respect Kempy, let's see what your Chinese pole is like in 18 months eh?

I've never had any issue with Gardiner clamps. In 10 years of WFP I've used many different poles & many of these with vertical clamps. I MUCH prefer the transverse clamps on Gardiner poles, faster, easier, just a dream to use, can't see the problem at all. I still have a MKI SLX25 going strong which is what, 5 years old now. I also have a two year old SLX with no spinning sections or clamp issues. I have a Xtreme 47 which is also without issue. Even given the choice I would select a transverse clamp everytime.

I think the problem lies with yourself & not the clamps!

H20cleaning

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:26 pm »
The reason the new clamps are horizonatally rather than vertically is to maximise yhe life out of a pole without having to get your screw drivers put to tighten a spinning section.
I can honestly say i have never spent more than 5 seconds messing about with a section and thats probs only once a week!

kempy

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:33 pm »
Just not for me .
I use gardiner hoses , brushes , carbon necks etc and the crusty support is good .
But the clamps are just not for me .

tlwcs

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »
Just not for me .
I use gardiner hoses , brushes , carbon necks etc and the crusty support is good .

The upgraded clamps are a complete pia. I wish I had read the lacquer the pole thread first, I would never have upgraded.
Most of my buying is done at Gardiners but their back pack and those clamps are pants.
Tony

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
Just not for me .

The upgraded clamps are a complete pia. I wish I had read the lacquer the pole thread first, I would never have upgraded.
Most of my buying is done at Gardiners but their back pack and those clamps are pants.
Tony

I'm not sure if you have already contacted the office regarding this clamp problem, but I have sent you an email anyway.

kempy

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:33 pm »
Not just me then .
I was knocked down for mentioning how pathetic they are in use .
Persons saying it was just me , but I know of about a dozen , plus the likes of yourself and many more .
Think my 25 ft slx is a 2012 pole that is in desperate need of the new clamps , but because the upgrade of £30 ish is too expensive for such a poor clamp , I just lacquer each section up and wd40 the original clamps and give it TLC .
Terrible that such expensive poles , high quality carbon sections , great carbon neck and a good set of variety of brushes have such a poor clamping system in operation .
But I'm just in the minority who finds them terrible in operation , they sought the spinning sections out in my slx30ft but still need adjustment .

Imagine buying the extreame , and having these clamps at that price .

I wonder if there be another upgrade or different type of clamp .

Aqua adaptor I wonder what there's are like

tlwcs

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »
Not just me then .
Persons saying it was just me , but I know of about a dozen , plus the likes of yourself and many more .
Think my 25 ft slx is a 2012 pole that is in desperate need of the new clamps , but because the upgrade of £30 ish is too expensive for such a poor clamp , I just lacquer each section up and wd40 the original clamps and give it TLC .
Terrible that such expensive poles , high quality carbon sections , great carbon neck and a good set of variety of brushes have such a poor clamping system in operation .
But I'm just in the minority who finds them terrible in operation , they sought the spinning sections out in my slx30ft but still need adjustment .

Kempy are you left handed?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »
Not just me then .

Out of the tens of thousands of Gardiner poles sold, I would say yes, you are indeed a minority Kempy!

Make your mind up, one minute it's just that they're not for you, then the next a complete slagging?

As said, I've used the SLX's since day one of original release & same with the Xtreme pole & do not have any clamp issues. MUCH better than the huge vertical clamps that were on my Facelift carbon pole!

Tom White

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2013, 03:03:20 pm »
Not just me then .

Burn the heretic.

Actually, the slx is a top pole.  If you look after it, it'll last years.  I've got two of them, one Wor Lass uses and one I use.  Hers is worn and has spinning sections and mine is great.  The difference is that I take the care to look after and use mine properly; if a section spins, I adjust the clamp.  This prevents wear on the pole with grit 'n' dirt.  She doesn't.  She'll clean ground floor windows with the clamps not done tightly enough and the spin wears the pole. 

I even stripped mine down, washed it all inside 'n' out, put it back together in about five minutes mid-job yesterday.  She won't take the time to do that. 

So my pole is in great nick, hers isn't.

Dave Willis

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »
I can't see how the Chinese poles can possibly be any better after the same amount of wear.  ???

I've never had a problem with Gardiners clamps (apart from the glue) - I have had loads of problems with pole wear though - same as every carbon pole manufacturer will have. The material is not brilliant at resisting wear when it undergoes so much friction. Can't see a way around it to be honest. If you want carbon then you have to put up with black hands and spinning sections eventually.

Early users of the new Facelift poles reckoned they didn't wear - look on youtube and see for yourself - just as bad.

Aquadapter? they didn't even know how long they should make the poles a couple of months back - I suspect they will be coming from the same place as yours Kempy

oldman

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
^^^^ If they ever do come....still not in stock  :-X.

gary999

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2013, 03:39:03 pm »
clamps they are so old hat,i have banded buffers on my harris poles ;)

kempy

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »
Oh dear
The " I love gardiners gang again , no problem
I've said every part of the gardiner pole is great , just the clamps , so not a complete slagging of .
I just don't like the operation of them , and believe me there's a lot of persons that don't.
If they were that good why on a third generation , offered and received extra bolts with thread lock on them .
Is there a new cam available , or further upgrades ??
Why does it have further upgrades - is quality not good enough ??

I certainly know how to look after stuff with being a ex Army Mechanic . I have lacquered the slx's up , no problem .
I just wouldn't part with £400plus for the complete pole set up

Where do you think the gardiner pole sections come from ???

Manufactured in China perhaps ????.

I could be totally wrong ?

The sections are great , brushes are good , carbon neck fantastic , hose is good . Just the clamps I don't like .
Sorry

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »
Oh dear
The " I love gardiners gang again , no problem
I've said every part of the gardiner pole is great , just the clamps , so not a complete slagging of .
I just don't like the operation of them , and believe me there's a lot of persons that don't.
If they were that good why on a third generation , offered and received extra bolts with thread lock on them .
Is there a new cam available , or further upgrades ??
Why does it have further upgrades - is quality not good enough ??

I certainly know how to look after stuff with being a ex Army Mechanic . I have lacquered the slx's up , no problem .
I just wouldn't part with £400plus for the complete pole set up

Where do you think the gardiner pole sections come from ???

Manufactured in China perhaps ????.

I could be totally wrong ?

The sections are great , brushes are good , carbon neck fantastic , hose is good . Just the clamps I don't like .
Sorry

Maybe work on increasing your prices Kempy, £400 for such an excellent piece of equipment is a bargain!! ;D

kempy

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:35 pm »
Oh dear , no need to question my ability to afford these poles , my prices etc
I have a 25 ft slx
And a 30ft slx

So I can afford them .

I just won't buy another yet , my China 18ft and 45ft will do me fine ,

Funny how 20 or 30 persons have emailed asking about them as there not happy with certain parts of their current poles .