This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Chris Browne

Re: Can we keep it cleaning??
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 09:48:57 am »
I have noticed (off the subject) that the better idea that someone has or the better they are doing the more they appear to be "had" at.

i think youve hit the nail on the head there,  i believe there are some that do not like the idea of someone in the same line being more succsesfull, we should be "bigging up" encouraging and helping(isnt that whats all about) both newbies and the more established companies, anyway lets drop it now and get back to the purpose of the forum ;)

chris :-X

shelton

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:09 pm »
Not wishing to disagree with anyone . .. .  but I completely disagree with the statement that others that appear to be more successful are more of a target than others.

My experience on this board, as a relatively new member, is completely the opposite of what you suggest.

If you are a newbie, there was a culture to slag off spelling, ideas, etc, etc. .  by the "gods" of the board.  Now, I'm a stickler for presentation, but don't openly mock those who are asking a genuine question, which is what was happening over and again, on all manner of topics (not just cleaning).

Remember the website arguement?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 06:05:17 pm »
Although I do not moderate this section, could I suggest that if a post appears to be getting out of hand use the report to moderator section.

In General I have noticed some people our Constructive, some are comedians but give little info and some are unhelpful

Liahona

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 06:20:21 pm »
Fair comment Ian but of all posts this hasnt got out of hand, even though we are talking of when they have. Points have been made in the way they should. And a classic example is my opinion clashed with another opinion and it hasnt caused any bickering, just opinions were made in the way they should be....maybe a first and long may they continue, cheers, best, Dave.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 06:34:22 pm »
Dave,

I do not think I was saying this had got out of hand.

I was just saying if any did.

What I also meant to say is do not be afraid of posting.

I was a little disturbed on another Forum , when I saw a respected Carpet Cleaner critising other cleaners for asking simple questions.

domestic bliss

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 06:59:59 pm »
Unfortunately slanging matches and general insults seem to bring most forums into disripute.  I go on alot of camping/caravanning websites and thease sometimes turn into something nasty.
I say rise above it and try and keep the friendly people chatting on here.
This forum has been such a help to me personally and i have learnt alot so i for one will keep popping in. ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 07:05:36 pm »
I dont think we are making matters any better by advertising the fact to newcomers to the forum that we bicker with each other(i know we dont on the whole ;D) but any newbie reading this thread might be put off a bit! what do you think? close the thread?.........

chris

martin19842

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 09:03:24 pm »
hi tim,

well wha t have i missed, saw a bit but ignored it, doesnt look like im going to get down to carpex, i'lll let youknow if that cahnges.

got two 4 bed houses up north, that we are doing the refit, and redec on for the developers/insurance companies.

really opened up a new area for us, so now we can go from flood, to finished property, only thing is they dont come along too often, and usually the big boys have them all.

but make hay while the sun shines.

regards

martin

DP

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 09:28:12 am »
Question:

How come the people who were apparently the most outraged with a thread caused by a difference of an opinion and want it to stop, are the first people to air their opinion (once it has stopped) thereby carrying it on?

To have their say I guess, but wasn’t that what caused the problem in the first place.

Isn’t human nature surprising, perhaps it doesn’t have any higher level after all!
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

therapist

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:37 pm »
Who suggested Human Nature had a  ''higher level'' the reality is, human nature is  at the ''base'' and it's only through self control that we bahave in a so called civilised way.

That's why we argue and ''defend our corner'' so vigorously and why some people have serious behavioural problems.

It's mostly instinctive and although much of it's unnacceptable, an understanding of what's going on can often allow us to diffuse rather than inflame situations.

In other words...........differences of opinion are healthy and normal..........obviously there are occasions when all of us, overstep the mark, usually when our judgement, beliefs, or capabilities are being challenged.

The Japanese culture dictates that there should always leave an adversery an escape route to avoid them  ''losing face''
In other words........even when you believe yourself to bo absolutely correct, show compassion and ram your opinions down other peoples throats.

Me...guilty ? of course I am ocasionally, but hopefully not too often

happy days

rob m

*Chris Browne

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:08 pm »
woah! i think im in the wrong forum, is this the general cleaning issues? or has someone been smoking them funny cigerettes?  8)

chris ;D ;D ;D ;D

DP

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 09:49:03 pm »
Cor aren’t we being civil. I guess this is a proper disagreement which is more acceptable to those who dislike the other type.

Ok then
Given enough cause, anyone will argue to the enth degree as anyone here would. Now an argument or disagreement is exactly that a difference of an opinion where neither will concede, it will end when its done.

However what’s far more interesting (or vulgar depending on your view) is those who actively carry it on when all is finished and the reason why they do.

Is it entertainment? Could it be lack of participation? Or is it simply a case of uncontrollable self importance. The one thing it isn’t and never will be is "respect" you might need the aid of drugs for that one.  ;)

The irony of course is that people who participate at this level convince themselves that they are doing the right thing which of course they never are.   

Therapist:
Japanese culture never dictated anything. Nor would any culture that tries to overwrite human instinct. Nobody allows a backdoor unless the results prove acceptable to them or they are beaten.

Lets not forget Tim this was his post after all.
BOOO down with arguments and lets all be nice and just agree with each other (god I hope not).
lol.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Tim Downer

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:22 am »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

:-*  :-*  :-*

Love Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

mark dew

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 03:11:19 am »
Therapist:
Japanese culture never dictated anything. Nor would any culture that tries to overwrite human instinct. Nobody allows a backdoor unless the results prove acceptable to them or they are beaten.

You're wrong. Therapist is correct.

Liahona

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 08:32:37 am »
Have to agree, Therapist is indeed correct, proves my theory that when someone is or has posted something correct but maybe controversial (although I didnt thinkit was) they are "had" at, best, Dave.