This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael Peterson

immersion heaters
« on: November 16, 2013, 05:38:27 pm »
buying the immersion heater the 16amp cables flange kit and 13a plug , when i look the the element on the pictures it dosnt have any cable coming out of it, how to i connect the cable

Lee GLS

Re: immersion heaters
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »
You have to remove the metal end cover has the cable connects below it.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 06:08:13 pm »
thanks lee,

also i was going to ask, im going to use the immersion heater cable, which im sure will be right to connect, and im going to run it through a coocker socket, im going to put a 13 a fused plug on the end of this cable and just run it straight out of the element through the kitchen window and into the socket, then coil it up in the van in the morning (no extension) is this ok ?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »
thanks lee,

also i was going to ask, im going to use the immersion heater cable, which im sure will be right to connect, and im going to run it through a coocker socket, im going to put a 13 a fused plug on the end of this cable and just run it straight out of the element through the kitchen window and into the socket, then coil it up in the van in the morning (no extension) is this ok ?

You need 16amp from fusebox to immersion cable on element! No 13amp plugs at all.

I melted 3 plugs last year with 13 amp gear. Had a sparky put me a 16amp socket direct from 16amp breaker in consumer unit, bought 16amp extension cable & fitted 16amp plug on immersion cable in van.

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:29:46 pm »
16 amp extension wire and 13amp socket will burn the fuse, plug and extension. Definitely start a fire if the fuse box doesn't cut your electrics off, way to dangerous. 3kw immersion heater draws 3000watts and extension cable will burn if it draws over 3150watts so not much room for allowance, better off with a 2kw immersion heater to be on the safe side.

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 07:58:20 pm »
16 amp extension wire and 13amp socket will burn the fuse, plug and extension. Definitely start a fire if the fuse box doesn't cut your electrics off, way to dangerous. 3kw immersion heater draws 3000watts and extension cable will burn if it draws over 3150watts so not much room for allowance, better off with a 2kw immersion heater to be on the safe side.

Hi there sorry to resurrect an old post but where do you get 2kw immersion heaters from?

Cheers
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 09:44:45 pm »
Loads on Ebay - don't know if it's the right thing though.  :-\

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 08:44:46 pm »
Cheers Dave, all the Evilbay ones are pricey!  :o :o
You can't polish a turd