This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh's Hard Rubbers
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:13:16 pm »
After reading some of the comments on other issues I believe it is the blades.

Wahay!

I'm a n00b at window cleaning, relatively speaking; and I answered a question correctly!

PS.

Does anyone want to buy £65.00 worth of defective Unger Soft rubber for £20 plus postage and packing?

We use Unger Soft all the time. How is it defective?

Bear,

E-mail me your address and I'll send you £40 to £50 worth of Unger Soft Rubber.

Free.

I bought them from Screwfix.

I tried different handles and different channels and they all worked out really bad.  They're each 42" long, coiled and still in their Unger wrapper.

But they are really bad.  At first I thought I had a bad batch.  Then I thought I had a bent channel.  Then I thought I had a dodgy channel holder.

In the end I realised the rubbers were really naff.  I should really send them back with a complaint.

As a final test, I'll try another one out tomorrow and use it.

In the mean time, e-mail me your address.

If they're still naff, I'll send you the lot! 

Tosh has kindly sent me the said rubbers.
They are so hard, like old bike tyres. Also they dont say Unger on them, but are in Unger packets.

My guess is that screwfix have swapped the rubbers for inferior brand ones.

I feel like giving someone a hard time about something right now (son in hospital with Crohn's Disease, so need to take it out on someone).

I'm thinking of contacting Unger to cause trouble, any suggestions??

Re: Tosh's Hard Rubbers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:36:19 pm »
Bear,

So I take it the rubbers were useless?

I had a hard three days trying to work with them.

tom_currie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:54:38 pm »
yes bear send them back to unger saying where bought and when. rubbers not stored properly or kept to long will dry out and be useless you might also get answer to why rubbers unmarked but in unger bags
tosh allways buy from good supplier most give great price on rubbers as i may be presuming you bought from screwfix on price being good

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:21:00 am »
tosh allways buy from good supplier most give great price on rubbers as i may be presuming you bought from screwfix on price being good

Tom,

Cheers, but I've learnt that now.  I only buy from the main suppliers now.

Biscute

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 08:23:28 am »
I ring up m8 you got nothink to lose, i hope you son gets better soon
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 07:15:38 pm »
'' My guess is that screwfix have swapped the rubbers for inferior brand ones. ''

I have some of these unmarked Unger rubbers in Unger packs so I phoned them today. Apparently these unmarked but Unger packed rubbers are made for the retail market, only Unger professional are stamped with the Unger brand name.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.