This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

work at height directive
« on: March 11, 2006, 02:34:26 pm »
tosh... i think there was a thread on here that was really good, and quoted from the actual directive and covered lots of points and viewpoints... maybe you locked it (?) can you send me that link please?

cheers :)

macleod

Re: work at height directive
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 04:39:11 pm »
come on guys over 30 views and no replys... help please  :D

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 04:51:32 pm »
Macloud,

Sorry but I made it an 'unsticky' so it dropped back into the midst of time.  It may even have slipped-off-the-end, so it doesn't exsist anymore.

I did this because I've the feeling that this forum was/is becoming 'anti-ladder' and the sticky didn't help either.

Basically, the guiding principle behind the rules is that if a task can be reasonably and practically done from the ground, then that's how it should be done.

Ladders should only be used as a last resort; and then only under certain circumstances.

Before anyone says that I am wrong, I can back the above statement up with references from the rules.

Is there anything you specifically want to know?

macleod

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 05:03:06 pm »
cheers tosh... i just thought it stated all the pros and cons re ladder use in a well rounded way! never mind

cheers

MacLeod

p.s. not MacLoud ;)