Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul_smith

website
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:55:13 pm »
When you have a second please take a look at my new website and give any feedback,positive or negative.
I am aware that the pictures in the commercial section need changing,but the rest is about there,i think.
Thanks
Paul

paul_smith

Re: website
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:04:26 pm »
It would help if i gave you the address    www.qualitycareplusltd.co.uk

Paul

Robert Watson

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 02:46:46 pm »
Nice site Paul, clean and tidy, that what I like to see.
However, I looked at your page source. You will need to do more
work for the search engines to pick up on it.
Google is being a pig for new sites to be picked up on,
even with good optimization. Don`t like the header looping all
the time, I would let it loop 2 or 3 times only on a page loading.
But hey that's me. ;)
Hope this helps.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 03:52:12 pm »
Paul,

It's technically good but doesn't sell and will not rank very well.

Cheers

Doug

paul_smith

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 04:29:40 pm »
Care to elaborate Doug?
don't quite get what you mean
Paul

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 05:37:36 pm »
Paul,

If you were designing a leaflet you would make it punchier and use a more sales orientated approach.Just because it's a website doesn't mean its not a sales brochure.

As for ranking if someone searched for quality care you would do well BUT they won't , they will search for Carpet Cleaning in Leeds so make that your heading.

Cheers

Doug

Robert Watson

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 05:59:13 pm »
Yeah, you really want to sell it from your home page.

If you make your title tag <title>Quality Care Plus, Carpet Cleaners in Leeds, </title>  people typing in Quality Care Plus  should find you.

Then you have the description tags to sort out.

Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

the red carpet

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 06:10:02 pm »
In my opinion the way its made its more of a online brochure than a advertising tool.
Wich is fine if thats what you want, if you list your web address on all your other advertising like leaflets, y/p ad ect. Then people will be able to check your company out first before they use you.

And it could give you the edge over your competition as customers can see what you can do, they will see you are well trained, and they can see you have superior equipment.

But i wouldnt expect it to be picked up great on the search engines as it is.

I have just made changes to my site and it is now getting better listings and after about 5months of getting no work from it i have this week got 3 jobs from it £190, £90, £78 :)

One small change you could easily make is where you put you cover leads and surounding areas, list the surrounding areas this will help if someone searches for carpet cleaner in that area.
And as Doug says change the title from your company name to something like "Carpet Cleaning In Leeds" "Our Cleaners cover xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx"

The more times you fit the words carpet, cleaning, cleaner, leeds and your local areas in the better.
But obviously dont over do it or you will ruin the apeal of your site.

If you have a site you may as well make the most from it and make it work for you.

Good luck with it.
Daniel

AquaMagic

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 07:02:13 pm »
Have a look at mine http://www.aquamagicuk.co.uk

Please be brutal id love some advise to improve the google rankings and usefullnes of the site!

the red carpet

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 07:21:57 pm »
Hi AquaMagic
Im not really to clued up on websites myself and dont know much about the technicall side of it all, but one thing that is definatly letting your site down from what i see, i cant see mentioned once on your home page were your located or what areas you cover?
nobody is gonna search just for "carpet cleaning" as the net covers everywere there gona search "carpet cleaning london" or kent or scotland or werever your based if you dont include your area how are the search engines gona know what traffic to direct to your site

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 08:26:39 pm »
One thing i will say to anyone taking intrest in this thread pay attention to the comments made by Doug and Rabby as these guys both know there stuff.

I have just taken a look at both there sites again, both of wich iv seen many times before.
And have to say Rab has the nicest site iv come across in our industy.
And Doug website works harder for him than any iv come across, he gets great listings with all the search engines (im getting close on some) but allways behind him for "carpet cleaning essex"

If you two teamed up i reckon you would make a killa site together.

As i said earlier about including the words, carpet cleaning, cleaner, and your local towns to boost your ratings
check out Dougs site, i just did and i lost count of the number of times i saw all of the above (and it still looks good not to in your face)

AquaMagic

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 08:35:06 pm »
Thanks Guys ill certainly have a look at that tonight.

Dene

paul_smith

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 09:47:10 pm »
thanks for your help with this,for info i have www.carpetcleaningleeds.com
 and www.carpetcleaningleeds.co.uk not sure if they will help though ???
Paul

the red carpet

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 10:35:43 pm »
They will, but in there self there not enough.
every little helps.
also i dont think google likes the redirection buisness
my main site is www.vipcarpetcleaningessex.com
and i also have
www.carpetcleaningessex.com
www.carpetcleaningessex.co.uk
and with yahoo etc this gives me better results
but google will only list my main site ???

If your not to keen on changing your site at least change the title and add your local areas, this wil help, iv also heard it helps to have links we could link to each other if you like?

paul_smith

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 11:11:45 pm »
i am considering having a links page which i could fill with loads of other sites such as yours,but without messing up a carpet cleaning page,
Paul

tomh

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 11:17:24 pm »
can't even open the page !  ::)
my view is if your going to have web site its worth getting someone who know what there doing as the custards that are looking at it are already in the market to take there business else where as your leaflet has planted the seed of getting the job done
so my view is to spend £2-300 on getting some pro to do it otherwise foget it as drawing them to your competeters
also make sure the masses can view it !

the red carpet

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 03:25:50 pm »
Rab, i think iv deleted your e-mail by mistake
if you could resend it so we could speak further that would be great.

Iv also linked to you from my site, so would apreciate if you would do the same.

Anyone else wanna swap links?

Dan

Bob Robertson

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 04:35:19 pm »
Hi Dan, I'll swap links with you.     Anyone else (preferrably outside the west of Scotland  ;) ) wishing to do the same just drop me an email.

the red carpet

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 09:01:19 pm »
Hi Tihson,
Iv put your link up as well.

Robert Watson

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 11:17:08 am »
Thanks for the kind words Dan.
I have returned the link. ;)

This is one of the most important things you can do to get your site listed in Google.
If sites are linking together from related sites, and on different servers, it will stand a far better chance of being listed. Unfortunately there's other stuff to  :(
And as I`v said before Google isn't easy to get listed in. But if you do nothing else, you should do this.

Anyone else want to exchange links?

Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre