Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Hector*

Re: You give an inch, they take a mile ...
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:43 pm »

: we are watched like an overweight Leeds United supporter whose seen hanging around a mosque with "EDL till I die in 5 minutes when I set fire to myself and run in this mosque" on his face.

OY.... when did you meet me??

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 10:53:45 pm »

Heads up people! Mrs. Captain America should be back now and I'm due in her road early this coming week. (w/c 31st March) Watch this space.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »

Heads up people! Mrs. Captain America should be back now and I'm due in her road early this coming week. (w/c 31st March) Watch this space.

Granville
You should be in marketing, not window cleaning as you have the ability to stir up expectation.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:44 pm »
Just to add some balance to this:  I totally agree with Mr Gold about not taking hassle from customers and I drop them too if they become overly high maintenance - but there are also times when a step back is needed.
Only yesterday I started doing 3 in a row (2 semis next to 1 detached).  As I was cleaning the back of one semi the guy in the hext semi saw me and "not today'd" me.  This guy had timber all over the place and was doing some fairly major work and it was pretty clear that it would be very tricky to clean anyway.  Apart from that, I might have wet his timber and I know that working with wet wood is not good.  Anyway - no problem.  He's been a customer for a few years and never messed around.  Then he added that he wasn't happy with  several ground floor panes on the back of the conservatory last (dark streaks) that he re-cleaned.  So I told him that he didn't need to re-clean.  Just phone me and I would have sorted it if I'd made an error.  I later realised that I had scrubbed the gutter for him just above the affected windows (he hadn't asked me too) so I reckon I didn't allow the water to drip down for long enough before doing the glass).  My fault.  I tried to do a little extra for a decent customer and messed up.  No-one's perfect.  Anyway, I did something next that I rarely do.  I said to him that as the back was cluttered I would do the front this time - no charge - hopefully to make up for messing up some of the back last time.  He was well happy about that. It took me just a few minutes and we both parted feeling good.  If I thought someone was taking the p I wouldn't do that but I know he's OK.

robertphil

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 04:45:49 pm »
nine times out of ten they sense you are soft they milk the situation ,  the long term effect is that it drags your spirit down.    best to get rid and be done with it .

last week i had a customer corner me and inform me one of my workers has been standing on his wheelie bin to get in a very tight spot ,twice now. The very fact hes tittle tattling to me instead of  moving his bin the night if hes really bothered  is pathetic . he knows this workers new and likely wants me to give him a bollocking in front of him
 Lets face it when you go for a night at the cinema and find theres popcorn on your seat ,you just brush it off and be GRATEFUL that youre in there ,you dont go moaning unless youre a tit .

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 06:28:29 pm »
Just to add some balance to this:  I totally agree with Mr Gold about not taking hassle from customers and I drop them too if they become overly high maintenance - but there are also times when a step back is needed.
Only yesterday I started doing 3 in a row (2 semis next to 1 detached).  As I was cleaning the back of one semi the guy in the hext semi saw me and "not today'd" me.  This guy had timber all over the place and was doing some fairly major work and it was pretty clear that it would be very tricky to clean anyway.  Apart from that, I might have wet his timber and I know that working with wet wood is not good.  Anyway - no problem.  He's been a customer for a few years and never messed around.  Then he added that he wasn't happy with  several ground floor panes on the back of the conservatory last (dark streaks) that he re-cleaned.  So I told him that he didn't need to re-clean.  Just phone me and I would have sorted it if I'd made an error.  I later realised that I had scrubbed the gutter for him just above the affected windows (he hadn't asked me too) so I reckon I didn't allow the water to drip down for long enough before doing the glass).  My fault.  I tried to do a little extra for a decent customer and messed up.  No-one's perfect.  Anyway, I did something next that I rarely do.  I said to him that as the back was cluttered I would do the front this time - no charge - hopefully to make up for messing up some of the back last time.  He was well happy about that. It took me just a few minutes and we both parted feeling good.  If I thought someone was taking the p I wouldn't do that but I know he's OK.

Good attitude.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Don Kee

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:30 pm »
nine times out of ten they sense you are soft they milk the situation ,  the long term effect is that it drags your spirit down.    best to get rid and be done with it .

last week i had a customer corner me and inform me one of my workers has been standing on his wheelie bin to get in a very tight spot ,twice now. The very fact hes tittle tattling to me instead of  moving his bin the night if hes really bothered  is pathetic . he knows this workers new and likely wants me to give him a bollocking in front of him
 Lets face it when you go for a night at the cinema and find theres popcorn on your seat ,you just brush it off and be GRATEFUL that youre in there ,you dont go moaning unless youre a tit .

Is this a wind up post.....it must be right??

Could your lad just not move the bin and do the window then put the bin back, or do you work on an '' i'm not moving anything out the way'' policy?

(Serious question)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 06:36:59 pm »

When was the last time you went to the cinema bobby?
You ain't getting much change from a score for a ticket, pop corn & a 15litre coke.
Popcorn on the seat? I'd want it hoovered and dusted during the intermission!

robertphil

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »

Is this a wind up post.....it must be right??

Could your lad just not move the bin and do the window then put the bin back, or do you work on an '' i'm not moving anything out the way'' policy?

(Serious question)
iv had a quiet word with my lad .   the point i was trying to make with the cinema is that as long as you get a result you shouldnt get funny about minor details .if the entrance fee was 500 quid then oh yes you could kick off about a scruffy seat ,but i wouldnt personally .

this customer is getting a very good deal,old victorian decaying frames ,long walk round to the back etc -then he pulls the bin wild card .  its pushing it

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »
So Mrs. Captain America is back. Bit of an anti climax but now she knows I'm not doing hers on her terms.

The road "self appointed warden" - one of my custies comes up to tell me she's home and asks if I will do her windows today. I tell him I'll cross that bridge when I get to her house. He says, well she's back now anyway.

As I don't need her parking space and garden to go through anymore I do everybody else's windows but as I go up the fronts, up the backs and across from hers she has the exquisite torture of not knowing if I am going to tip up at her door or back gate on the first, second or third run or not at all.

Mr. "self appointed warden" pays for his and asks if I have knocked at her door and I non-commitally reply "not as yet" and move on.

I then drive over the road and Mrs. Captain America comes out and gives a long look in my direction (50 plus metres away) and when it is obvious I'm not going to hers she goes inside.

They'll all cancel me next time! I hope not though because they've all apparently accepted a £1 increase next time including Mr. S-A-W.

We shall see what happens in 8 weeks time - but I guess she'll get some passing Johnny-come-lately to do hers; great - they deserve each other.

PoleKing

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »
So Mrs. Captain America is back. Bit of an anti climax but now she knows I'm not doing hers on her terms.

The road "self appointed warden" - one of my custies comes up to tell me she's home and asks if I will do her windows today. I tell him I'll cross that bridge when I get to her house. He says, well she's back now anyway.

As I don't need her parking space and garden to go through anymore I do everybody else's windows but as I go up the fronts, up the backs and across from hers she has the exquisite torture of not knowing if I am going to tip up at her door or back gate on the first, second or third run or not at all.

Mr. "self appointed warden" pays for his and asks if I have knocked at her door and I non-commitally reply "not as yet" and move on.

I then drive over the road and Mrs. Captain America comes out and gives a long look in my direction (50 plus metres away) and when it is obvious I'm not going to hers she goes inside.

They'll all cancel me next time! I hope not though because they've all apparently accepted a £1 increase ext time including Mr. S-A-W.

We shall see what happens in 8 weeks time - but I guess she'll get some passing Johnny-come-lately to do hers; great - they deserve each other.

What's the back story in this lady g g g Granville?

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 08:48:57 pm »

Hey!

I don't work in your area, and there's no H in Jonny!

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 12:02:28 am »

They'll all cancel me next time! I hope not though because they've all apparently accepted a £1 increase ext time including Mr. S-A-W.

Go back to the start of the thread and read my second post ...

PoleKing

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 07:15:41 am »

Go back to the start of the thread and read my second post ...

Sorry. Dunno how I missed that

AuRavelling79

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 10:44:44 pm »
So last time I turned up (End of May) she goes into her front garden, gives me a long stare and goes back in.

This time (today) her windows are still minging and I pull up outside and run my hoses between hers and her non-adjoining neighbour. Their two footpaths meet but Capt. America's is about two feet higher.

I very carefully take my hose through her neighbour's garden making sure I don't touch her path or garden and she comes out, says not a word - looks at me and seeing I'm not on her property goes back in.

As I go back through, she comes out (obviously desperate for me to touch her property so she can tell me off) gives me a long hard look and goes back in.

No flouncing necessary - all others around her well trained - and her windows filthy; how sad I am to get grim satisfaction from this.

PoleKing

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 11:02:56 pm »
So last time I turned up (End of May) she goes into her front garden, gives me a long stare and goes back in.

This time (today) her windows are still minging and I pull up outside and run my hoses between hers and her non-adjoining neighbour. Their two footpaths meet but Capt. America's is about two feet higher.

I very carefully take my hose through her neighbour's garden making sure I don't touch her path or garden and she comes out, says not a word - looks at me and seeing I'm not on her property goes back in.

As I go back through, she comes out (obviously desperate for me to touch her property so she can tell me off) gives me a long hard look and goes back in.

No flouncing necessary - all others around her well trained - and her windows filthy; how sad I am to get grim satisfaction from this.

lol.
I do live this story Granny.
You do need to greet her though.
A really cheery, John Inman style, MORNING! A really big grin and a 'lovely day' comment would set it all perfect.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:37 am »
i agree darren!i always let on with a cheery HELLO!,GOOD MORNING!to a customer ive dumped because they ve messed me about(as long as ive got my money owed and moved on)its a great feeling.they HATE IT!! ;D ;D

small satisfactions in this game! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 07:43:40 am »

Mr Gold.  You are a disgrace to the profession.

Well done :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
Rather than a John Inman mince I could do a Larry Grayson "Shut that door!"

Window Lickers

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 08:26:01 am »
Ive just taken on one who I just know is going to be a right royal pain!

Apparently Im to address her neighbour as Ms Simson, not Mrs Simson, so she tells me. Its not like she's royalty, she lives in a two bed semi, end terrace. Not met her yet. I can see this being a one visit wonder.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.