This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CMS

Business Broadband (Ooops!)
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:26:22 pm »
Just a word of warning.....................

I had reason to phone our ISP this morning to sort out a small problem.

I had a right little 'jobsworth' on the other end of the phone who told me that they would disconnect me as I had a business website hosted on a private broadband account. The alternative was to 'upgrade' to a business account for an additional £6.00 a month.

Who else is guilty of this?

lynngc

Re: Business Broadband (Ooops!)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:25:13 pm »
 ::) :-X
lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

Lesley J

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:28:49 pm »
hands up Im guilty ???
Lesley Tyrrell

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 11:45:19 am »
i think youll find 99.9% are and that dosn't include companies that work from home that use  a domestic phone tarif instead of a business tarif.

chris

Ali_D

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:17:47 pm »
Hi

Do the phone companies check if you're using your home line for business, especially if advertising in yellow pages?  Don't know whether to risk it?  What can they do if they find you out?

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »
Hi

Do the phone companies check if you're using your home line for business, especially if advertising in yellow pages? Don't know whether to risk it? What can they do if they find you out?
Not much really... ;D

David Lauder

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 08:39:34 pm »
I don't see why they should charge you more just because you are a business - I bet it doesn't cost them any more to provide a business line than a domestic line!

BSF

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 08:46:12 pm »
Hi

Do the phone companies check if you're using your home line for business, especially if advertising in yellow pages?  Don't know whether to risk it?  What can they do if they find you out?

If they do, Just pay the £6.00

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 08:48:03 pm »
Hi

If they do, Just pay the £6.00

regards

Paul

or change your phone service provider  ;D

Paul Forster

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 08:52:02 pm »
im guilty lol ;)

BSF

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 09:02:43 pm »
Just a word of warning.....................

I had reason to phone our ISP this morning to sort out a small problem.

I had a right little 'jobsworth' on the other end of the phone who told me that they would disconnect me as I had a business website hosted on a private broadband account. The alternative was to 'upgrade' to a business account for an additional £6.00 a month.

Who else is guilty of this?

Hang on, your web host is nothing to do with your phone line, you pay about £20 per year for about 50mb of space on there server,  if you want to host it yourself then buy a server.

Your broadband account from your ISP is nothing to do with your web host,   ive only posted this for the benefit of other members as Karl has left us, please come back! I think your ace ;D

Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 09:10:46 pm »
please dont tell me (there) was wrong, I can never get my head round which is right, Their there, wats it all about? you know what I mean ::)

I'm just covering myself if any newbies join ::)
Regards

BSF

*Chris Browne

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 10:11:25 pm »
telewest provide us up here with the phone, the line itself,broadband, tv,kitchen sink. ;)
when i had to query about a phone charge, i moned that it was holding up my business, they were pretty crappy with me telling me i should not be using it as a business line as it was only registererd to a domestic user >:(

chris

lynngc

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 10:14:18 pm »
i'm legal and above board me........... ;D
business and residential line

lynn ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »
good to here it!...and stop chanel hoping i cant keep up at my age ;)

chris

lynngc

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 10:38:02 pm »
pmsl,
just keeping you trim chris  ;D

lynn ;D

BSF

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 10:39:36 pm »
telewest provide us up here with the phone, the line itself,broadband, tv,kitchen sink. ;)
when i had to query about a phone charge, i moned that it was holding up my business, they were pretty nutsty with me telling me i should not be using it as a business line as it was only registererd to a domestic user >:(

chris

If you register it to your business you can claim the vat back(as long as your vat registered), its a must ;D
Regards

BSF