Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin jones

Best vacuum?
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:13:08 pm »
I'm currently using Numatic rucksac vacuum, with air driven turbo brush. It's great for stair cleaning contracts that I have.

It's getting to the end of the tax year, and am looking to buy a more powerful vac, as the carpet cleaning is starting to take off.  ;D

What are the recommendations?  :)

Colin

Doug Holloway

HolmansUKLTD

Re: Best vacuum?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:13 pm »
I use a sebo dart2

Very good too
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Karl Wildey

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:09:23 pm »
I use a sebo BS36, just changed from a Dyson, Sebo loads better.

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 11:35:34 pm »
Get yourself a second hand Kirby on ebay. Industrial solid metal. Without doubt the best vacuum cleaner available. I had a Sebo BS46 also but the Kirby is that good that now my wife does the housework with the sebo.

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Art

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 11:37:19 pm »
Get yourself a second hand Kirby on ebay. Industrial solid metal. Without doubt the best vacuum cleaner available. I had a Sebo BS46 also but the Kirby is that good that now my wife does the housework with the sebo.

Alan

Which kirby do you use?

stains-away

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 11:44:36 pm »
Ive got a sebo bs36, cant see where theyre that good,i tend to use the dry vac kit with air driven brush on my ninja

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 12:13:20 am »
G4. Got to be honest though - I can't see that the difference between models is MUCH more than cosmetic.
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 02:33:54 am »
I’ve got a TM don’t need one. ;D ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetclean

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 06:47:37 am »
regarding the kirby i got one of ebay the other day and though impressive not my bag if anyone wants to make me an offer your welcome to it
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Graeme@Access

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 07:19:24 am »
Hi,

We use a Kirby and the results are good, but i have one gripe with them.  The have a lot of downtime between doing the bulk of the floor and the edging.

If they could only make it simpler to attach the hose  ::)

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

benny d

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 10:02:31 am »
Attn Len
 >>I’ve got a TM don’t need one. Grin Grin<<

I use a TM , but I always vaccum with my Sebo 36.
Are you "really" saying that with the suction from a TM that vaccuming is a waste of time? This is not a post to put your comment down, just a matter of interest to see if I can really get away without hours of vaccuming!  ;D
Thanks
Ben
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Phil Marlor

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 04:32:29 pm »

I have a Sebo BS36 and agree with Andy, I dont know what all the fuss is about, durable, yes, but they are just like any other vac.

I thought before I got mine they would have some grunt and really bash the carpet and have more suction, but I was wrong.

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Art

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 04:58:22 pm »
regarding the kirby i got one of ebay the other day and though impressive not my bag if anyone wants to make me an offer your welcome to it

Which model is it, how much and where  are you based?

Arthur

carpetclean

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 05:52:20 pm »
its the heitage 2 with all the exras including the sanding unit and shampooer. full instructiuons with it
i live in sutton surrey
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

the red carpet

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 09:25:26 pm »
Iv Also got the sebo 36, not that impressed either
I must admit i hardly ever pre-vac dosent seem to make a difference to me, but i do use a scrubba powerbrush so this agitates and sucks at the same time so gets everything up.

stains-away

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 02:50:09 am »
Last week i conducted a very unscientific experiment with my bs36 and the wifes dyson dc07 on our living room carpet, a 50 ounce wool twist laid that day and obviously shedding fibres like mad, vacuuming in 4 directions, the sebo managed to go over it in 2 directions before the bag was 3/4 full, the dyson (which went after the sebo)didnt manage to complete the first direction before needing emptying, to complete the 4 passes the sebo used 2 bags, the dc07 was emptied 4 times and was half full on finishing, not exactly lab conditions i know but it proved my suspicians,the only advantage i can see in using the sebo in a customers house is that they are a lot less likely to have one sitting in the cupboard.

therapist

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 08:23:42 am »
I'm very surprised that no manufacturers have produced a commercial Bagless vac' as it's far more user friendly and less likely to cause a smell while in use

This is the main reason I prefer to use water filtration in a client's home. You can actually introduce a pleasant aroma, rather than a stink from leaky paper bags or filters, which 'don't'

I've also found the dyson to be far better than the so called commercials, although they're not very robust.

I do understand the replacement bags represent a substantial profit, but prefer a vacuum to clean without stinking clients homes and working less efficiently than their domestic cleaner

rob m

Graeme@Access

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 09:22:00 am »
Hi,

I also have a DC07 and have tested it against our Kirby. 

Not only is the dyson much easier to break, but the filters need cleaned far too often.  After using the dyson on a single rug the filter gets blocked and the suction is much reduced.  The kirby just goes on and on until the bag is full.  I guess this is the difference between bypass and inline vacs.  Many more filter changes/washes for the in lines are required to keep it pulling a good vac.

I have modded our DC07 filter unit to keep it sucking for longer, but i think it will just burn it out quicker.  I can take pics if anyone wants to see my mod, it does help a little.  One more observation... Dont store your dyson near a radiator... they melt very easily.

The beater bars on dysons are far worse than kirby design, we tested it on a 80/20 berber and you could see a lot of dirt remained at the base of the pile when using the dyson.  The kirby performs much better on difficult carpets and i wouldnt swap her for the world.

Hope this helps

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

PS i found this bout DC07s : http://www.crazysquirrel.com/diy/dyson/cylinder-clean-page-1.jspx but be careful, they are so easy to break its unreal.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 09:32:55 am »
I am not so sure that this sort of experiment would prove much in the way of power and amount of dirt & fibres extracted out of the carpet. It may be that that Dyson does not pack as much into the chamber as the Sebo with a bag. I think you would need to weigh the amount of dirt extracted from both machines to reach a conclusion. You also need to take into account how much deep seated ingrained dust & grit it is taking out as opposed to just the surface fluff. I know from my own experience that my Sebo Dart 2 will lift the carpet pile and extract grit from deep down the pile much better than the Dyson, as I have followed with the vacuming straight after the customer has used theirs.
As far as smelly bags are concerned I always use a new bag for each customer as this would be costed in as part of the job. If you leave dirt in the bag especially after cleaning a carpet with animal hairs & dander it will smell awful the next day. You can also add a sachet to your vac bags to give a nice fresh smell in the room.

Derek