This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

EMPLOYING A CANVASSER
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:56:29 pm »
DOES ANYONE DO THIS EXCEPT DOORKNOCKERS?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

brett walker

Re: EMPLOYING A CANVASSER
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:43:52 pm »
I have seen someone advertise on here called Door knockers   try them

you could always ring the bell  ;D

Brett

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:16:02 pm »
 I don't see the point of employing canvassers.
If you need to find work then youmust have time to canvass yourself.
If your too busy to canvass yourself then why canvass????

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

gaza

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:43:11 pm »
BRETT:LAY OF THE DRUGS ITS AFFECTING YOU,READ MY POST AGAIN.Except for doorknockers der! ;D

DAVID:Not afraid of door knocking just thought a pretty face would be nice to open the door to,customers are more likely to say yes to a women than a man[same as me] ;D theres no greater fan of women than me,and in the past Ive had the bills to prove it ;)

it  would work like this over price the job
1 half times for first clean to be perfect when finished
£10 job 1st clean = £15.00
canvaser gets the £5
w/c gets £10

if you carnt knock 2 jobs per hr you shouldnt be self employed

does the forum think this would work?

gaza

williamx

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 08:10:29 pm »
Gaza

I have someone who door knocks for me, I pay the full 1st cleaning price over 2 cleans.

They don't quote, all they do is ask the householders if they want a window cleaner, if the answer is yes, they take the name address and phone nmber and I follow it up with all of my charm.

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:11:41 pm »
Sorry Gaza

its been a long day  :-[

ive got you quite a lot of work in Hucknall and Ravenshead if you canvass those areas yourself i know for a fact you'll pick a lot of them up, people like to see who's going to clean their windows face to face.

Trying to blind them with a pretty young woman wont work cause when they see her and say yes and you turn up with your ugly mush  :o  crimewatch springs to mind  ;D  ;D  ;D

Plus if she gets your quotes wrong it'll just lead to arguments with customers, knock yourself and turn on your charm.   ;)

Brett.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:22:37 pm »
Hi Gaz

In a few words...  NO

Doorknocking is hard work. I should know coz I have done LOADS of it myself. A fiver for a yes just isnt enough. You will have real problems getting anyone to stick at it at that rate. Some nights a canvasser will go out and not get one customer. Other nights they might get a few but they will have to have very realistic motivation to do it. There will be other problems as well such as pricing up wrong. Taking on one time cleans and telling you that its a regular. A big one could also be trying to undercut other WCers and so the list goes on. Then you could well have the problem of someone who is a bit switched on deciding why work for you getting customers when they could get them for themselves. I wouldnt trust the image of my business to anyone who isnt very experienced in the game.

You obviously have your own reasons for the "other than doorknockers" statement. From what I know I would be happy to employ them if I needed more business for window cleaning. They know the game and its rules and stick by them and also seem to get very good results.

Do it yourself mate or get pro's in to do it  :)

Cheers

Andrew

gaza

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 08:27:12 pm »
yeah but DOESNT IT PEE YOU OF WHEN AN UGLY BLOKES GOT A LOOKER FOR A WIFE,DONT THINK YOUVE SEEN THE WIFE WITH HER POLLIFILLA ON :D

GAZA

gaza

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 09:22:01 pm »
ANDY:I TAKE ON BOARD WHAT YOUR SAYING, but why pay double
+bed and breakfast for something you can get for just a few quid.
Yes they sound professional and no doubt they are very good at what they do,BUT THEY MUST USE A PRICE FORMULA TO WORK OUT HOW MUCH EG bay window£2.00
single pane door 50p ,single pane downstairs window 65p,upstairs 85p etc etc
how can you price wrong?
went out for an hr the other night at my price,they would have made themselves
£14 for that hr.

gaza

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 11:11:52 pm »
Gaza me ole mate

I can see where you are coming from but believe me when I say that the fundemental flaw in your plan is human nature.

I've been their, done it and worn the tee-shirt where this sort of thing is concerned. Sorry to tell you this but you will be very lucky to have a good experience doing it your way. I would be very happy to hear that you can prove me wrong though.

I have a sugggestion for you. Try it Williamx's way. That is just get a canvasser to bring you GOOD leads in then you go and price the job up and use you so well publicised "charms" to close the deal and get the business. I honestly dont think you can say X for that window and Y for that one etc. What about access etc? it all needs to be taken into account. I still price stuff up too cheaply even now :(  ( not often though)  ;)

Then pay the canvasser the value of the 1st clean. OK you say he/she would have earned £14.00 in that hour you did. Really honestly that wont happen all the time and for this type of work it isn't enough to motivate them to get out there much at all.

Oh well I've said enough on this. I am talking from experience here and get that gut dropping feeling about it.

Sorrry mate I hate to put a dampener on things for you :(

Go on...  I hope you can prove me wrong  :)

Cheers

Andrew

gaza

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 12:31:30 am »
ANDY :Thanks for your advice but youve heard that saying 1 mans meat etc etc
Iused to sell electric for Virgin and noticed women got more success than men [door knocking] got an a level in it. just waiting for the sun to shine,you know the mornings evenings when the suns low and shows up dirty windows,then maybe go for it. This is part of my 1yr buiss plan to double my work load and take someone on.
Not doubting you advice one bit cus anything that comes easy to me Im wondering what Ive done wrong.

Will meet up with William x at Windex for a good chat on how he uses his canvassers.
One London company lets the customer work out their price over their web site
by showing pictures of windows with the promise that prices will be lowered/raised by no more than 10% and they had 5/6 lads working for them
Ibet they raise them .

gaza

atoddyone

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 01:33:01 pm »
hi i go door knocking onec a month and i take my bro with me we work well as a team i give all of the 1st clean i take and hes happy as larry with that even if its just me that get all of the custum i still give it over to him cos some times hell get them all iv known him get me 20 in one days knock not bad hh ::)

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 02:19:18 pm »
doorknockers formula is roughly 70p per 4' window(hole) i.e one set of windows comprising of more than one, its works out at roughly £8-10 per 3 bed semi.
my friend recently used thier services and they came up one evening for a days trial with five people,went out from 5pm to 8pm and canvassed £350.00 worth of work of which they charge twice that to you.
any cancellations or ones your not happy with they just refund you,no questions. they really are a top bunch, ex window cleaners themselves and very professional.
my friend used them to increase his clients as he did not have time to canvass at the best time(early evening)as he has kids to look after and spend time with.
they charged for fuel on top, came back a week later, only two of them my mate put them up for the night and over two evenings got him a furthur £700.00 or so.
they get results and also listen to what you want and will even only go for your specified minimum price.
if you happen to have the money to do it, you cant go wrong in my opinion.

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 02:29:13 pm »
Gaza said.
One London company lets the customer work out their price over their web site
by showing pictures of windows with the promise that prices will be lowered/raised by no more than 10%

Gaza do you have a link to there website be good to get some new ideas

Paul

gaza

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 07:57:38 pm »
Paul: I sourced it from the web over a year ago,and printed it of but like everything else in this house it gets thrown out,including me and I OWN it ;D
if I remember it was called THE LONDON CLEANING COMPANY,ill do some searches for you Paul cus I KNNOW WHAT THE WEBSITE LOOKS LIKE its got a bloke cleaning wfp style on a block of 3 storie flats

paul are you going to WINDEX

GAZA

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:54 pm »
I,m trying to set up the following

Pay £3 for good lead
Pay the price of the first clean over two clean periods

= 20 New calls per week =
20 x £3 = £60
     average new call = £8
20 x half of first clean = £80

= week one £140
on week 5 whwn the second half of the clean gets paid if they maintain an average of 20 x£8 per week
= £220

they get me address and Phone No so that when I go to price and they are not in I can phone and close the sale over the phone,
   Would suit any one with a few hours to spare although evening would be best

= 20 customer per week av £8 = £640 per/month =annually £8,320 (at a clean every four weeks)

Now all I need is some one to do it...
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

pjulk

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:52 pm »
paul are you going to WINDEX

Yes i am hoping to get there both days but need to get some work done first to get some money (bloody weather)
Taking my lad with us as he is comming back to me full time.

So if weather is bad begining of week may only be there friday.

Are you going

Paul

gaza

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 09:15:34 pm »
THURSDAY SEE WINDEX POSTING FOR MY PHONE NO REMEMBER ITS YOU WHO TOLD ME ABOUT NEC SHOW LAST YEAR

GAZA

STILL TRYING TO FIND THAT SITE

pjulk

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 10:09:43 pm »
I am going to try and get there boths days so more than likely see you there.

I had a search for that site but can't find it

Yes i did tell you about it last year, Im suprised you remembered it was me

Paul

gaza

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 11:19:30 pm »
PAUL CARNT FIND IT EITHER NOW UNLESS THEVE CHANGE THEIR WEB SITE,BUT AT THE TIME iWAS AMAZED AT THE PRICES THEY CHARGE DOWN SOUTH.
GIVE US A RING WHEN YOUR THERE PAUL 07859916999
GAZA