Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rugby

rain all week
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:31:06 am »
Any one else rained off,  Supposed to rain the rest of the week here,Gloucester. I work when its light rain,WFP, but its quite heavy today,i know some of you guys work in all weathers,but i cant see my customers being very happy if i turned up in heavy wind and rain like today.i know we need the rain,but also need the money,but i cant belive any of your customers are happy with you turning up in weather like this.

S.C.S

Re: rain all week
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:55:06 am »
Yesterday was dead nice here nice and sunny but got up this morning and its tipping down gutted as well because this is my busy week.

Just checked weather meant to rain heavy  every day till thursday as well tut tut  :(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:14:58 am »
I don't work in the rain myself.
Most of my customers comment when it's due to rain, even if it's dry at the time.
Definately not worth the bother.

I'm not worried anyway, I don't use wfp and have all it's overheads so I can afford days off. :)
It's only the polers stressing about losing money on wet days. ;D

rugby

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:24:33 am »
 Im a stressed poler,actualy its not so much loseing a days pay im so worried about,its the playing catch up thats the problem,one days worth of customers easy to catch up on,but two or three and i would struggle to say the least.how do you guys catch up on your work,dont say it,weekends ouch!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:32:35 am »
What you worried about catching up for?

So you're a few days late? So what?
Who's going to notice? ???

In 8 years I've probably been back on exactly 4 weeks about 20 or 30 days...
I've only ever had about 5 people ask where I've been.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 11:46:14 am »
I don't try to catch up on my work i do my round in the same order all the time.
Mosts months i get round in 4 weeks others months if the weather is bad it will take me 5 weeks.

All my customers know i am as regular as i can be.
and know one says anything if im late.

I used to try and catch up but give up on that as once you get behind it can be very hard catching up so don't even try any more.
And i don't work weekends.

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:51:21 pm »
It's bucketing down here also. It started at 9am and hasn't stopped and looks likely to be raining off and on till the weekend.

We won't work in the rain partly because for trad jobs the rungs get slippery and also because some customers moan like anything. As far as the problem of '4 weeks' goes, we aim for every 4 weeks but often it's 5 or sometimes 6 weeks. As yet, no one's complained.

For our commercial work, which is two or three days a week, the weather has to be really serious stuff for us not to work.

Last year there was only 3 days that we couldn't do commercial work because the wind was so strong that as the window was squeegied, the water was getting blown back across the glass.

dougster

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 02:12:24 pm »
Hi everyone, it hasnt stopped raining here all day.   I dont window clean in heavy rain either, not only does my customers get ped of so do i.
But i still can manage to earn a litte bit of a wage as i save jobs like cleaning conservatory roofs and cleaning driveways for days like today and just put my waterproofs on,

Bring on the summer !!!!!!!!D

jeff evans

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:38:14 pm »
Yep it,s Pi****g down here to, just got back from finishing a commercial job. thats me now till the weather gets a bit more stable, i wont work on domestic in the rain it,s not worth the hassle.

Cheers Jeff ( cheshire )

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:33:02 pm »
i work in all weathers

gaza

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 10:53:05 pm »
What you worried about catching up for?

So you're a few days late? So what?
Who's going to notice? ???

In 8 years I've probably been back on exactly 4 weeks about 20 or 30 days...
I've only ever had about 5 people ask where I've been.
[/
quote]

shows how much your missed squeeky ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 02:43:26 pm »
Any one else rained off,  Supposed to rain the rest of the week here,Gloucester. I work when its light rain,WFP, but its quite heavy today,i know some of you guys work in all weathers,but i cant see my customers being very happy if i turned up in heavy wind and rain like today.i know we need the rain,but also need the money,but i cant belive any of your customers are happy with you turning up in weather like this.
been dodging the showers in gloucester too, crap week for it.
like most others have said, i dont try to catch up , just shuffle thing round a bit, usually puts me a few days back but nobody seems to mind much.

Pole2pole

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 03:12:09 pm »
This week has been exceptionally bad my end. So much so, that where it would normally rain one or two days in the week, i would bite the bullet and take a couple of days off. I've had to just put caution to the wind and carry on as normal. Most,if not(nearly) all have been ok. They know i got a mortgage and kids to provide for, so if one day in a year i turn up in the p*ssin down rain, i have generally been forgiven. It's hardly as if i'm having fun, lookin like a drowned rat. Like i said is like i explained it to the punters. "I can afford to take a day or two off, I cant afford to take a week off". Too much bowing down to the weather=not earning enough=another profession=no more shiner for punter.No one cancelled or camplained, so i guess i got away with it.....Oh sorry...................wfp............wahooooooooo  ;)

Old_Master

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 04:48:27 pm »
Two thirds of Kent are under water the other third has a drought >:(

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:25:03 pm »
Realistically, this is only typical weather for this time of year. Its not uncomon in years past to have weeks of endless rain when you are unable to work at all.

The last few years have been quite easy so far as the weather is concerned. You have to put money aside literally "for a rainy day" and realise this is not the sort of job where you can just take things for granted.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 10:44:44 pm »
i work in all weathers if customer dosent like it tough they can get another window cleaner to clean their windows

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 11:45:57 pm »
Today has been all commercial work and most commercial customers don't worry what the weather is.

It's ok in terms of money but not ok as by the end of the day I've had enough. A lot of our work is along the coast road between Hove and Seaford (about 15 miles) and the wind is often stronger at this time of year than even a small distance inland.

I can't wait till summer.

In seriously bad weather - I'm not into that hero type stuff. I'd rather have a lie in and stay indoors. Being a heroe is for others but not for me.

Cheers

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 06:52:43 am »
Only lost two half days Tue and Wed,
Thur was OK
And
"It's not raining Yet"...Fri  06:52am

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 08:01:17 am »
I couldn't tell you what it was doing here at 6.52am. :o
Dry and sunny now though.

Funnily enough after tues and weds off I've got a short day today.
Finishing what I was doing yesterday this morning, but then it would mean a 4 mile drive to start a new area just for a couple of hours ::)....start fresh on monday!

Good job I had a reasonable monday and thursday.
That'll do me. ;)

brett walker

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 09:51:25 am »
This rain could'nt have come at a worse time  :'(

I wish it would rain at night and be dry all day

Had to have a new washing machine, van needed a repair plus all the other bills :o

Bread and jam for us this weekend ;D

Brett