This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

gutter cleaning add-on
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:46:58 pm »
Peeps. Its a tossup whether this should be in general cleaning or in here with Windows. But it seems most win dies do cutter cleaning as an add on so Ill ask here first..

What is a good all round gutter Vac make and model for add on work.. ?

Smudger

Re: gutter cleaning add-on
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02:31 pm »
You do like asking the controversial questions don't you!

I use omni vac and pretty well clear everything from bungalows to four storey's without any problems, but its very pricey.

Of the rest I'd go for the eastern trading package and if you don't want to do anything other than domestic houses Ali poles are fine and easy to handle at this height.

HTH

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »
I wouldn't use either. I have and they are far too bulky and heavy. 1800W Nilfisk does 99% of my gutters.

Jim (allbright and spotty) if you want to see the Eastern Vac version then pop over to Trowbridge and you can see mine.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:33:07 pm »
I wouldn't use either. I have and they are far too bulky and heavy. 1800W Nilfisk does 99% of my gutters.

Jim (allbright and spotty) if you want to see the Eastern Vac version then pop over to Trowbridge and you can see mine.

Ill take you up on that Dave .. Ping me your contact details on windows@allbrightandshiny.co.uk and Ill give you a shout..

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:33 pm »
dave watch it don't drop your wallet when jim around ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »
Do you know each other?

trippyboy

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:54 pm »
dave watch it don't drop your wallet when jim around ;) ;) ;) ;)
last time I was around your gaff I couldn't even lift you wallet where it was so heavy frank

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »
I heard that Frankie…  ;D  Away an pedal yer trike…. lol

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »
i would recommend the grippa vac from grippatank.  have found the equipment works well and the carbon poles excellent.  the only real downsize is the big generator you need to run it, if you're not using the clients mains...   :P
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 08:37:32 pm »
Do you know each other?
not really dave but he know a few people in my circle ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

and really don't want to  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 08:41:04 pm »
I know where you Live …. Frankie….  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Getting back on topic. What about the Aquafed ones? http://www.aquafed.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »
 =1   1800W Nilfisk I use UPVC poles nd for domestic its fine all I have upgraded is the hose to a  10 mtr x50mm. And am busy redesigning the joints for the poles with an aluminum  quick release clamps for ease of work.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »
Those big vacs are all good for the job - they are just a pain in the arz to lump about. The extension cable needs to be heavy duty like Artic Flex and weighs a ton, they need a massive generator that you can't lift on your own and heavy duty plugs. Ok for commercial work or if you have a big van. however most of my work is residential and a smaller vac plugged into the custies electric can be whipped out of the van in seconds.

robert mitchell

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »
+1 nilfisk 1800 has a lot of suction for its size , not far off some of the 2400 watt vacs .

I have not upgraded the hose and have had no problems but would probably work better with 50mm hose .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 09:05:00 pm »
Before I buy a generator I will buy a  Syne inverter max 2000wtt. which I will run with the van motor running.At the moment I use the customers electric.But I have had times were I could not access electric then its back to the ladders.They are getting a bit heavy for me for my longest one.

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »
So the consensus is that A Nilfisk 1800W wet and dry vac will do the job. Im assuming its a std Wet and dry vac and not a Gutter vac?

like this one http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-multi-30t-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:41 pm »
=1   1800W Nilfisk I use UPVC poles nd for domestic its fine all I have upgraded is the hose to a  10 mtr x50mm. And am busy redesigning the joints for the poles with an aluminum  quick release clamps for ease of work.
Smithie got any pics of what you have done and where did you get the bits and pieces?

Avo

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
+1 nilfisk 1800 has a lot of suction for its size , not far off some of the 2400 watt vacs .

I have not upgraded the hose and have had no problems but would probably work better with 50mm hose .
try the 50mm vac hose on this nilfisk it's unbelievable

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »
OK so I go buy an 1800W Nilfisk,, what do I need to make it into a gutter vac and where do I get the bits?

robert mitchell

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:19 am »

try the 50mm vac hose on this nilfisk it's unbelievable

does the 50mm hose plug straight in or do i need to change the inlet on the drum?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.