This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dean33

hot water from home
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:23:16 pm »
Has anyone ever filled up there tank from there hot water tap at home on a cold morning.

No immersion elements in your tank

No gas heaters in your van

Just a thought  ???

Fin Clearview

Re: hot water from home
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:43 pm »
Hot water tap from outside?

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 10:39:37 pm »
Has anyone ever filled up there tank from there hot water tap at home on a cold morning.

No immersion elements in your tank

No gas heaters in your van

Just a thought  ???

WHAT ABOUT THE TDS LEVEL

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »
Unless you have an especially large hot water tank in your house, I doubt you would manage to fill your van tank. Mind you, you wouldn't need to fill it with hot water, that would have you cracking all your customers windows!, just warm enough to keep from freezing. Might work I suppose. Try it and let everyone know how it goes.

dean33

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:48:53 pm »
Hi fin,

Sorry mate ment to say you can buy a hose connector from b & q or anywhere with a jubilee clip on it to connect to your inside hot tap.

Bob

I'm Di only pal so tank of hot water and pump it through as I need it.

dean33

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »
Hi fin,

Sorry mate ment to say you can buy a hose connector from b & q or anywhere with a jubilee clip on it to connect to your inside hot tap.

Bob

I'm Di only pal so tank of hot water and pump it through as I need it.

Don't need a big tank of hot water I've got a combi boiler.

Just depends on cost, would it be be cheaper than running an l5 all day or having the immersion on for a few hours before work?

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 06:12:31 am »
Yeh been doing it the last few winters .if your di only it is the simplest way to stop your gear freezing .i only need to do it about a dozen times a year when it drops below -2 .i keep it really simple . Pump , hose and pole removed from the van the night before . Takes 5 minutes .fit back in the same . Leave the tank to fill with hot takes half an hour with a combi boiler .the water stays warm enough all day so no gear freezes.keep it simple,

DG Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 06:16:03 am »
I've done it and it works.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 07:13:35 am »
I've done it and it works.

Once when I was doing a run of conny/gutter cleans. I filled the 400L (as it was) with hot (40 degrees) tap water and took the backpack with a couple of 25L barrels of pure to finish off any windows. Another time when I was doing "that building clean" in Summer of 2012.

I've got a hot tap outside that runs from the combi bolier.
It's a game of three halves!

dannymack

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:49 pm »
All these lucky peeps with DI only !!! My water is 375 Tds so have to have the ro