This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

redstarwindowcleaners

time for a new start / move into a different direction
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »
Took a break recently as totally knackered and burnt out after working 7 days a week for the last few months to cope with demand
Been trying to run  both windows and garden maintenance  on my own
Tried a few times to take on someone to help but they either seem  useless or unreliable
Have now took the decision to drop the garden maintenance and invest in the window cleaning business
Selling off my gardening  equipment has released money to do this without giving the savings a bashing
Looking at a new van sign written/new  poles / maybe rebranding sorting out  a bit of company clothing looking at a more professional image and expanding my working area and maybe trying for more commercial work
Not looking at employing prefer to stay on my own

Cant wait to get going again with a fresh start

Stand before my gates and be judged

dannymack

Re: time for a new start / move into a different direction
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:52:19 pm »
Good luck Newton you go for it, we so little gardening& it does take up time !!!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:10:44 pm »
Good luck mate, I think you made the right decision you will make a lot more from windows than gardening - offer all the add ons like conny roof cleans SFG cleans etc. and you won't go wrong,

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

robertphil

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:46:52 pm »
before you get too busy on the windows think ahead , i know you say you dont want to employ,well if thats the case when you are about 3/4 full  only take on new work if its higher priced.  thatll allow you just a trickle of new work without leading to a full on balls out burnout

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
Cheers lads thanks for the comments
Your right about the workload
Once ive a full round I intend to keep adding and dropping with the aim of getting the best paid jobs I can and keep the custies at a managable level so not to over stretch myself again
Thanks again for the encouragement

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 07:03:05 am »
Good decision. We've offered garden maintenance with window cleaning and it just doesn't work. We've just got a couple left who are window cleaning customers. Too many gardeners happy to work for £7 ph

ascjim

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:34:44 am »
Just remember you can say "no" if your to busy. There is no point in working 24/7. I became a window cleaner because of the time off :)

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:06 am »
Your right with the rates with the garden maintenance they are pretty much set in stone at around 7 /8 quid a hour around here mainly due the summer brigade of semi retired and thoes topping up incomes from other professions
The yearly maintenance costs are pretty horrific  too the twice yearly service of my equipment was around £1200 then the running costs of fuel  oil and  breakdowns parts etc was another 500 plus last year as opposed to next to nothing with the window cleaning
It also helps as I have no water meter

I think it was a good decision

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:07 am »
Concentrate on the windows.much more money in windows and like you say re-brand yourself and push on.
Take somebody on as theres lots of hardworking keen young people about.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.