This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

Hose reel
« on: September 14, 2013, 01:48:54 pm »
My his reel sits on top of my flat tank which takes up the top half of my van the reel isn't secure and lifts out

I then work from the side door which is fine

I'm after if I can securing the hose reel but the only way I can think of doing it is from the roof as I can't bracket the base in as its on the tank ... that make sense  ??? ???

can't help thinking it'll be easier to work save lifting in and out ( but I'd like to still have ability to if needs).. and make it easier to reel in

I can't from the back doors

Anyone else do this or have any suggestions

Cheers
Paul

PoleKing

Re: Hose reel
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »
No reason why you can't drill into the top of your tank...
Use non-rusting bolts & big washers.
Or, gripfill (or pink grip if you can get it-it's much better) a sheet of marine ply to the top if your tank and fix the reel as you wish...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

R.C Property

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »
wouldn't have it on the roof, to much weight swinging around, and without spending a lot of money on welding it could be a bit to dangerous.

is there any reason you cant fix it at the back of the van buy the doors?

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:23:49 pm »
I put two ratchet straps around my tank secured to the floor then put ply board under these secure the hose real to this easiest way mate

Paul H

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »
wouldn't have it on the roof, to much weight swinging around, and without spending a lot of money on welding it could be a bit to dangerous.

is there any reason you cant fix it at the back of the van buy the doors?

R C thanks for the reply was thinking the same as you

To answer your question I could but can't .. My van is split in half and I run the window cleaning operation from the top half via the sliding doors ... It's then partioned off leaving me the back Half of the van ...

However I'm having a rejig and seriously giving this thought

But I get out the van open the side door lift the reel out switch the pump on reel out and go..

Just trying to make it more slicker by avoiding where I can lifting the hose reel in and out and much prefer to reel it in at above ground level ..it seem easier than bending down..

Just trying to be a bit smarter and slicker and make things easier

Paul H

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 07:27:11 pm »
I put two ratchet straps around my tank secured to the floor then put ply board under these secure the hose real to this easiest way mate

Cheers Michael I'm getting the idea of the ply wood on the tank thing now...

How's tricks anyways ?

R.C Property

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »

that's a good way to do it,

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »
I have upright tank against the bulkhead.The reel hangs from the inside roof from two 2x4 planks of wood running from the bulkhead to the middle cross roof strut  they are flush with the inner roof of my van. The hose then comes out the side door my gas heat is also hung on the side of the tank which is wood lined inside the door.Works very well.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
ive seen carpet cleaning reels hung from the roofs of vans and with the pipes on they will weight in at over 200kgs so don't worry to much about the window cleaning ones