Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Re: Do people drop you in the winter??
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2013, 09:32:54 am »
And vin we don't work half a week we do 48 hours over 4 days

Indeed.  And a great deal of that is spent fast asleep because you work a shift pattern that doesn't reflect when fires actually occur.

I'd LOVE to be paid while fast asleep.

Vin

;D ;D ;D

somewhere pension contributions was mentioned in this debate too ...

Opt out that will make you better off monthly ... Ooo and scrap your union contribution too while you're on ...

Sure all that will give you an extra £££££ s disposable income ..

You see what people are saying is you have a decent job , decent wage , government pension , cushy shift pattern where you sleep at work then get up go home and go and do your "fiddle job" ...

Dont think I read that wrong " fiddle job" .

If I took that the wrong way then I apologise .

www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Tom White

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:28 am »
Tosh - the strike your referring to was in 2007 and they were asking for £30000.

2002 it must've been.  I left the army on the back of it.

I believe in South Wales they're making cuts to the fire service.  I've had a fire safety check though, and we're fairly 'fire aware', so that's okay!

Don't worry about too many of the comments here; just ignore 'em when you get bored.

G Griffin

« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2013, 09:42:50 am »

There is a certain tone to that post that suggest you think fireman get paid a lot of money for doing very little?

My unit covered for the fireman strikes in Paisley.  It was great; we watched a load of videos and did a lot of gym. 

Loved it.

I seem to remember the firemen were wanting a huge pay rise at the time; claiming it was dangerous; but I think they were jumping on the back of the US 9/11 where a lot of firemen were killed.

I think the pay rise they wanted (never got) was for the average fireman to paid an army Warrant Officer's wage, yet very few firemen were killed in comparison to soldiers who're killed or disabled.

Still, I got to watch a lot of videos and was paid for it; so not all bad.

Fireman walt.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
Just a thought- and a serious one- do you think you are more likely to be dropped if your customers know you have another income? And quite a good one compared to some of them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robert mitchell

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2013, 10:29:20 am »
Sorry tosh , your right it was 2001/2002 .

Im not really worried i just find it all so bizarre .

I really have lost any respect for vin after the moronic posts he has put on here.

G Griffin

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:26 am »
Chill, Robert.
Because you might not like an opinion of Vin's doesn't mean you should lose all respect for him. It might be the only thing you disagree about.
Btw, I don't agree with him but I do agree with a lot of his other posts.
I know it's a subject that you feel strongly about but don't take it too personally.
Just agree to disagree.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

C o z y

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2013, 11:00:14 am »
Chill, Robert.
Because you might not like an opinion of Vin's doesn't mean you should lose all respect for him. It might be the only thing you disagree about.
Btw, I don't agree with him but I do agree with a lot of his other posts.
I know it's a subject that you feel strongly about but don't take it too personally.
Just agree to disagree.

I agree, I've had a spat with Vin in the past, only on one subject though, otherwise, he makes a lot of sense "normally"  ;) Chill guys, you're both talking "past eachother" if you know what I mean.

Tosh, you're a niggy sprog. !! I was on the late 70's strike in the middle of my first NI tour, so pull up a sand bag, swing that light, and I'll tell you a few war stories  ;D When me and Hector were at Rorke's Drift............................. ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

robert mitchell

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:35 am »
Im not wound up to the point that I need to chill.

He is stating what he is saying as fact and its the tone of his posts .

I cant respect someone like that.

Have you read all his posts?

I almost feel I should apologise for getting off my  ass and Working hard to get a job I enjoy .

DG Cleaning

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »
Do the firefighters feel a any animosity towards the soldiers who take over their jobs?

robert mitchell

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »
No , none at all.

The last strike was not even a proper strike because they still attended persons reported and rtc trapped shouts.

The soldiers were only doing what they were ordered to do , they had no choice.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2013, 01:15:47 pm »
A friend of mine pointed out an advert wanting people to train up a firefighters to cover potential strikes.
I think the pay was quite good.
He told me about it because people who've previously used breathing apparatus were preferred (I used to be in the mines rescue)
I wouldn't do it on moral grounds but I understand its different for soldiers.

robert mitchell

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2013, 01:44:38 pm »
They are doing that because they have been told they can't use the army this time .

I wish everyone had your morals and wish more of the country were willing to stand up to our corrupt government .

Thats a whole different discussion  though .

Perfect Windows

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »
Sorry tosh , your right it was 2001/2002 .

Im not really worried i just find it all so bizarre .

I really have lost any respect for vin after the moronic posts he has put on here.

You're right.

So, now you've totally lost your respect for me, do me a favour and remove all the text you cut and pasted from my website onto yours.  I wasn't going to say anything (I like to help, see, and I'd finished with this thread peacefully till you went on the attack again last night)  but I'm sick of your personal sniping - before you say a word, you resurrected your "lack of respect" for me four pages after I'd said "enough", as I could see I was upsetting you.

I offered you help; I would offer it again but you seem determined to make this personal.  I don't know why you want to do so but I suggest you drop the massive chip on your shoulder and just see what happens.  

If you can't cope with people having a different opinion from yours then I suggest an internet forum is not the place for you.

So, sort out your website copyright violation (after all, who would want their website littered with text lifted from someone they don't respect?) and leave me alone.

And that really is the last word I will say on any matter to do with you.

robert mitchell

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2013, 02:49:51 pm »
I dont have a chip on my shoulder and there was no need for your derogatory posts about firefighters based on "facts" you have googled , made up, read in the sun newspaper.

You know there was nasty tone to your posts, most other posts have posted without pretending they know everything.

My website wasnt written by me but if you email me using the contact form I will make sure anything that may have been cut and pasted from your website is removed.

robertphil

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »
bloomin charlatan

robert mitchell

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »
I will take that one on the chin .

WGB

« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2013, 05:21:24 pm »
Had a custy ask me the other day what i did when the window cleaning season is over, got that from their last windy. Told him i play all year round :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
Had a custy ask me the other day what i did when the window cleaning season is over, got that from their last windy. Told him i play all year round :)

It's as ridiculous as being asked what you do when the mating season is over.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2013, 06:03:27 pm »
Had a customer today tell me they don't want them cleaned in the winter.
I remember them telling me the same thing when I first took them on in early summer, I told them then it's all year round or nothing and they agreed to have them done all year, cheeky f***ers

DaveG

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2013, 07:11:37 pm »
Hi dave yea that would be great can you email me seank1989@googlemail.com

I cover Poole, Hamworthy, parkstone, Bournemouth

Email sent  ;)
You can't polish a turd