Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Re: Do people drop you in the winter??
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »
i dont realy have a beef , not a proper one .

i just hate it when people state their opinion as fact without actually knowing the real facts .

Im pretty easygoing and very rarely get wound up .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

PoleKing

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »
i dont realy have a beef , not a proper one .

i just hate it when people state their opinion as fact without actually knowing the real facts .

Im pretty easygoing and very rarely get wound up .

Exactly fella.
Have a beer together.
You never know...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2013, 05:56:04 am »
I have always passed jobs on to vin in the past , i get a fair few enquiries from that side of southampton but to far for me to go .

have always just told them to ring perfect windows and bigged them up as he offered to help me when i started by letting me work a day with him for training.
i never took the offer in the end but was still a nice offer .

However im thinking after his earlier posts that he wouldn't have offered if he knew i was a firefighter.

wont be passing anymore his way .

Shame because i really respected him before this.

What?  Really?  You're threatening not to pass work my way because you've created a make-believe scenario where I possibly might not have helped you if, hypothetically, you had actually asked me to help? (Yes, read it twice, it took me a long time to work it out myself).  You're desperate to fall out with me, aren't you?

I think you ought to read through what I've actually posted without that huge chip on your shoulder.  You know, the one that's dragged up a personal attack on me about four pages after I'd said "enough" and left the subject alone.  That's not showing off your "easygoing" personality to its best.

If you take a look, most of what I've posted is purely factual.  You earn above median income.  A Fire station doesn't actually need as many people on at 4am as at 4pm.  More people die in building trades/Window cleaning.  There's a huge waiting list for jobs.  All with references to sources where required, some too obvious to need them.

I have a different opinion of your job from yours (note: your job, not you - I'm not the one posting about personalities here).  So what?  Is your job above criticism?  You seem to believe so.

Now, you can draw whatever conclusions you like about that and you can assign whatever motives you like to what I've posted about your job but please don't go assuming anything about either me or my personality (or whether I would have helped you in the past or would help you in the future) from that.  I'm not aware of any time, ever, for any reason, that I've turned down a request for help from anyone who's contacted me.

Vin

AuRavelling79

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2013, 06:44:23 am »
Shovelling all that coal must be hard work.

And when going uphill through a tunnel with 50 wagons behind, it must be suffocating.
It's a game of three halves!

robert mitchell

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2013, 07:13:17 am »
Why does a fire station need more people at 4pm than at 4 am ?

Where do you get the idea we have an abundance of staff ?

We are nearly always on minimum crewing in hampshire .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:38 am »

And when going uphill through a tunnel with 50 wagons behind, it must be suffocating.

It gets steam up - a bit like this thread.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

robert mitchell

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2013, 07:34:50 am »
"So half the population somehow manages to scrape by on less than firemen get for working half a week"

What is factual about your statement above ?

48 hours over 5 days?

How is that half a week?

There is a certain tone to that post that suggest you think fireman get paid a lot of money for doing very little?

PoleKing

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:54 am »

It gets steam up - a bit like this thread.  ;D

Goldy.

Coat
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:42 am »

That's it?  That's your sole response to my post?  Nothing more to say?  No comment at all?  Nothing more to day than that?

To answer your questions, given that many of your calls (including the example quoted earlier) are to car accidents, look up when most car accidents occur. More at 4pm or more at 4am?  I'll give you a clue.  One of them is rush hour.

Where did I say you have an abundance of staff?  WHERE?  Point me to my post where I said that.  You're now putting words in my mouth,

I really do give up.

Vin

robert mitchell

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2013, 07:45:56 am »
Indeed.  And a great deal of that is spent fast asleep because you work a shift pattern that doesn't reflect when fires actually occur.

I'd LOVE to be paid while fast asleep.

Vin

Where do you get this figures from ?

Are these figures you have googled ?

Have you thought about the different type of fires?

How many people do you need for a bin fire in the daytime  compared to a house fire at 4 am when kids and parents are in bed?
How quickly do you need to be there when people are trapped upstairs?

Its very easy to google statistics that mean nothing in the real world ?

Boris Johnson for instance has said that fire deaths in london have gone down since he took over as mayor .

They have in fact gone up, they are going to keep going up because of the cuts to the fire service and longer attendance times.

Firefighter deaths are also rising.

To put the cost of the service into perspective , it costs most households around the same or often less to pay for the fire service than it does to clean there windows,.

we are a very cheap service.

robert mitchell

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2013, 07:49:47 am »
Vin - we dont go to every car accident but every car accident will be included in those figures including minor bumps.

The majority that are serious enough for us to go to happen at night and usually involve people travelling at a fair speed, that doesnt happen so much in rush hour .

That is also just one type of incident,  we go to more than just car crashes and fires.

robert mitchell

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2013, 07:55:07 am »
People in the Army risk their lives ultimately for your benefit but are paid significantly less and work much harder for their money.  You don't mind their being paid a miserable pittance

My brothers are in the army and both earn more than me , they also have a huge amount of down time , so a lot of the time they dont work very hard.

They do however take great risk and deserve much more money and respect than they get , i certainly dont begrudge there downtime.

robert mitchell

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:54 am »
Firemen are paid well enough for their job that there's a huge waiting list of people wanting to join. Then out they come and undercut the business of people who don't have the luxury of another job getting them more than the median UK wage for a four day or four sleepy night week. From the Hampshire fire service website today "Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service is no longer accepting applications for wholetime firefighters. The application process will not be re-opened until further notice." They aren't accepting applicants as they are stuffed to the gills.  And basic economics says that if there are no vacancies and you're not even accepting applications, a job must be pretty well paid for the services being required.

Which firefighters are undercutting you?

its certainly not me .

The reason no firefighters are being taken on is because the government are cutting the budgets by a huge amount , in hampshire we are under establishment but they cant recruit because they are still being threatened with further cuts and dont know what there budgets are going to be.

robert mitchell

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2013, 08:02:13 am »
Anyway, enough.  You're all heroes who deserve a doubling, no a trebling of pay and a halving of hours.  That's the story you hear every day from your beliigerent union, so I don't blame you for being brainwashed.

Vin

Can you show me every day the union have asked for us to be paid more in the last few years ?

or asked for a halving of pay?

Do you really not think there is a bit of a "tone" to your posts.

robert mitchell

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2013, 08:06:49 am »
I have a different opinion of your job from yours (note: your job, not you - I'm not the one posting about personalities here).  So what?  Is your job above criticism?  You seem to believe so

no i dont believe its abiove criticism .

There are lots of things i could criticise , number of people at middle management level for instance .

Lack of investment in training facilities.

money wasted on pointless i.t or projects , but i can criticise knowing the facts which makes it more relevant.

Ian101

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2013, 08:18:01 am »
no not anymore but had a few when 1st starting out so just never went back to them ................................ it is a thread about summer / winter customers isnt it ??

Tom White

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:01 am »

There is a certain tone to that post that suggest you think fireman get paid a lot of money for doing very little?

My unit covered for the fireman strikes in Paisley.  It was great; we watched a load of videos and did a lot of gym. 

Loved it.

I seem to remember the firemen were wanting a huge pay rise at the time; claiming it was dangerous; but I think they were jumping on the back of the US 9/11 where a lot of firemen were killed.

I think the pay rise they wanted (never got) was for the average fireman to paid an army Warrant Officer's wage, yet very few firemen were killed in comparison to soldiers who're killed or disabled.

Still, I got to watch a lot of videos and was paid for it; so not all bad.

gary999

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:38 am »

That's it?  That's your sole response to my post?  Nothing more to say?  No comment at all?  Nothing more to day than that?

To answer your questions, given that many of your calls (including the example quoted earlier) are to car accidents, look up when most car accidents occur. More at 4pm or more at 4am?  I'll give you a clue.  One of them is rush hour.

Where did I say you have an abundance of staff?  WHERE?  Point me to my post where I said that.  You're now putting words in my mouth,

I really do give up.

Vin

please do give up...you are starting to remind me of the miserable little
bleeder that likes to harass you on another forum

back on the subject I lose very little over winter

robert mitchell

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2013, 09:14:35 am »
Tosh - the strike your referring to was in 2007 and they were asking for £30000.

Most fireman in the job would agree that strike was a mistake and the union were crap.

Things are very very  different now .

Paul Coleman

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2013, 09:25:10 am »
Yes they do , so they get paid to sleep more often than us .
Both my brothers are soldiers , im not cut out for it but I dont begrudge the perks they get, they have both done well being overseas tax free cars etc but they deserve it .

I never said I was unhappy with tbe wage , im not.

We dont sleep all night every night , we take the rough with the smooth as well.

Could you explain why a second job is a fiddle for a fireman but not for anyone else?

Or is your moronic post just designed to try and wind me up?

I'm not sure that you've read it the way it was intended.  I saw it that the windowe cleaning plays "second fiddle" to the main job, i.e. it's not as important.  Totally different meaning to having a second job and being on the fiddle.