Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Late payers
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »
How do you deal with them?

PoleKing

Re: Late payers
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:24:37 pm »
Too ambiguous a question really Sunny D.

I have customers that are (at the moment) 8 months behind. Not bothered in the slightest.
Other customer ATM is 2 months behind and I will be chasing soon.

Depends on the customer. I may be employing some of the methods suggested in the other thread though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:33:57 pm »
Its not prudent to let a customer have to much credit. The credit industry says  you have  battle to get paid after 90 days as they say the customer thinks the dept  gone away. Its a mental attitude thing.

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:39:42 pm »
Late payers - How do you deal with them?

www.iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk/directdebit

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:46:54 pm »
Too ambiguous a question really Sunny D.

I have customers that are (at the moment) 8 months behind. Not bothered in the slightest.
Other customer ATM is 2 months behind and I will be chasing soon.

Depends on the customer. I may be employing some of the methods suggested in the other thread though.

Interesting take, guess I'd not thought about that.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »
Late payers - How do you deal with them?

www.iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk/directdebit

Just started that as well. SO for many of my customers seems to work well.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »
Semtex
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 09:28:54 pm »
Another go cardless fan here, working out very well.
For late payers that we are concerned about we have made sure they are up to date then offered them to sign up to go cardless, OR we will collect (this is something we have stopped) providing they pay 3 cleans in front each time.

Mrs Smudger
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:40 pm »
I explain to new customers  that I expect to be paid within a month. I don't mind the odd time waiting for 2 cleans, but if they are persistently late I'll drop them after explaining why.

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 10:01:26 am »
+1111 Mark I think you deal with your customers very well. Before you drop them.

How does the Ionics stop/ debit order work does the cash go strait to my account or does it going into a I ???onics holding account and then only to my account ( need advice from some uses it) And will the debit order work on a bi monthly clean work as it is paid every second? ??? ??? ???

dannymack

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:52 am »
Most of my clients are commercial and they always behind, ill let them go about 2 or 3 months then phone or send in statement which they eventually pay. Not all like it lots do pay on time which gets us by. You expect that thou doing commercial.

gavinb

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 10:21:33 am »
i dont mind waiting til the next clean for my money there's only a couple of custies who dont pay on the day tbh
but each cycle im usually owed around £250 .

Im quite leniant with my custies some of them usually owe me 3 cleans before they pay .

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 10:27:59 am »

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »
i expect all payments to be made to me either by cheque or online bank which most use apart from a hand full within 8 days.. they all pay me within the week usually if it gets to five days i send them a reminding text.. that sorts it.

all the jobs i done yestaday have all paid me now some paid last night on there bank and the rest today.. had 51 quid put in this morning  :D its just about educating them.
Dave.

home6442

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »
i expect all payments to be made to me either by cheque or online bank which most use apart from a hand full within 8 days.. they all pay me within the week usually if it gets to five days i send them a reminding text.. that sorts it.

all the jobs i done yestaday have all paid me now some paid last night on there bank and the rest today.. had 51 quid put in this morning  :D its just about educating them.

Totally agree Dave,
Was going to say the same but it doesn't go down well here to demand customers pay before the next
clean.
Seen too many good guys go under for letting customers run up debts.
I have customers who break into a sweat when handing over a tenner what would they be like if I came
looking 50 quid.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 02:02:44 pm »
Totally agree Dave,
Was going to say the same but it doesn't go down well here to demand customers pay before the next
clean.
Seen too many good guys go under for letting customers run up debts.
I have customers who break into a sweat when handing over a tenner what would they be like if I came
looking 50 quid.

I know i cant understand them letting it go for so long.. i used to years ago then when you actully look at your cash flow its no wonder they go bust lol.

The way i look at it is.. if you cleaned the house on monday and you still collected you would have that money by the end of the week ... now online payments and sending cheques seem to be the norm.. i dont see how it should be any different? payment still should be made within the week.
Dave.

tompoole

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 09:40:47 am »
If they don't pay don't clean, simples