This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: Time for new boots, suggestions.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »

You're right about lightweight. It's like going from a super lite pole to an aluminium pole.
I got 7 years of dry feet from a pair of berghaus goretex walking boots, before wearing out the soles. Bought them in 2001. But I wouldn't buy them again. Too heavy and they squeaked when I walked. I didn't like the soles either. They didn't grip well on wet surfaces. Paid £100 for them.

Going through the soles in under 2 years is some going. Is that through normal wear and tear or have you really worked them?

I was having a look at the gtx boots last year was thinking of buying cos they looked like they ticked all the boxes. But were so light I wondered if the stitching would hold if hammered.

I bought some rockport goretex hiking boots in 98 for £125. They were unbelievably good. Feet temperature stayed the same in 30 degree summers to minus 15 winters. Very light, Walking in them for 24 hours solid and feet didn't smell at the end. I've looked at rockport shops and haven't found the same ones.
I hammered them daily though and the soles wore out in 3 years.

Stitching and leather is just fine. I've used them every working day, winter and summer, rain or shine. Great in snow too. I've heard other people go through them quite rapidly too. Apart from that they are great.

Griffus

Re: Time for new boots, suggestions.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 03:04:41 pm »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ZITUMI/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are unbeatable, and the seller is great.

I have had well over a year and use for pressure washing amongst other things. They are worn most days, even if just walking the dog and are still 100% waterproof.   Best I've ever had  :)