This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

cancel cancel
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:16:43 pm »
had lots of cancels lately, no longer needed , got a new window cleaning thingy etc etc, god i need to get my spark back to get out there and canvass again, been searching for a canvasser but no one seems to want do it. well like the old saying is "if you want something done properly , do it yourself" or something like that
saturday will be forces myself out on a door knocking frenzy ::)roll

roundbuilder

Re: cancel cancel
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
Just do the sold boards mate!.
No need to canvass whole random roads if your only topping up customers.

Shane O Neill

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »

Mike I read your topic few weeks back & watched a house after your suggestion & yesterday hey bingo it worked & they thanked me for calling as if I was an old friend  ;D

Shane O Neill

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:47:26 pm »
had lots of cancels lately, no longer needed , got a new window cleaning thingy etc etc, god i need to get my spark back to get out there and canvass again, been searching for a canvasser but no one seems to want do it. well like the old saying is "if you want something done properly , do it yourself" or something like that
saturday will be forces myself out on a door knocking frenzy ::)roll

Don't want to be negative Paul but got to ask,are they complaining about quality/price ?? Few cancel if you have a good relationship with them (some will never allow this & ur just the window cleaner & sack u for a reason they make up to save face !)

roundbuilder

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »

Mike I read your topic few weeks back & watched a house after your suggestion & yesterday hey bingo it worked & they thanked me for calling as if I was an old friend  ;D

;)

Thats great mate, imagine how great it will work after 200 plus sold boards go down.
Its putty in your hand.
The best way to build the ultimate round with top prices without having to walk round street after street not knowing if they already have a cleaner or not..
Keep it up and will work wonders.

paul ette

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »
had 1 cancel said they wernt happy with water all over windows, wouldnt listen to my explanation on how it works, but mainly just we dont need a window cleaner, my husband does it and were doing it ourselfs, not a massive amount of people probably 10 in 3 months, but havnt been ot there canvassing to replace.

got 3k of leaflets delivered complete waste of time 0 calls,

canvassing realy is the best way

mick how does this sold sign work, do you wait for them to be took down, usually when i knock sold signs the original people are still living their?

robertphil

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:23:56 pm »
u should have an ongoing constant search for new work.   im surprised you got zilch for your leaflettin effort, r you sure they all went out.          every springtime i make sure about 10 thou leaflets go out in dribs n drabs and every week since somebody new rings from them - mine are handwritten 2 liners so nothin fancy

anyway,looks as tho you are out canvassin now so thats good !

paul ette

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 08:34:38 pm »
yes trustworthy people dropping them, simple and to the point leaflet, once a hit lucky and gain a few new custies ill get my spark back, usee to canvass 3 night a week but havnt done nothing since march, silly i know, just lost motivation

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:49 pm »
Get your arse out canvassing mate, I did 3 hours last Saturday and added over £100 to my round.
Mind you 3000 leaflets and not one call is pretty bad going, I've put out about 500 last week and had 2 jobs, I just leaflet the houses that don't get a reply to when i'm canvassing.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »
I carry a Dairy in the van and write all the for sale and house addresses don`t calling later when the new owner move.I learned it in the property game.I might be the only good thing I learned in that God forsaken trade, hated every minute of it. I worst job I have ever down in the U K. ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »

You're supposed to put your phone number on them.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 09:19:14 pm »
I carry a Dairy in the van and write all the for sale and house addresses don`t calling later when the new owner move.I learned it in the property game.I might be the only good thing I learned in that God forsaken trade, hated every minute of it. I worst job I have ever down in the U K. ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

You're meant to clean their windows - not deliver milk to them.

roundbuilder

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:41 pm »
had 1 cancel said they wernt happy with water all over windows, wouldnt listen to my explanation on how it works, but mainly just we dont need a window cleaner, my husband does it and were doing it ourselfs, not a massive amount of people probably 10 in 3 months, but havnt been ot there canvassing to replace.

canvassing realy is the best way

mick how does this sold sign work, do you wait for them to be took down, usually when i knock sold signs the original people are still living their?
Yea i get some where the sale falls through but such is life. I have so many i wait on, i always knock first chance i get when board goes down and just go for it. 9 times out of 10 all is good though.

wpclean

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 09:28:14 pm »
You need to follow up the leaflet drop with a door knock, and you will get good results.

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »
You need to follow up the leaflet drop with a door knock, and you will get good results.
Or just scap the leaflet dropping and simply knock and make note of the dirty houses where nobody is home and return another date.
3000 with nothing is shocking.
Bang on 3000 doors and you will likely get 200 customers or more!.
(Bring on the haters)  ;D.
I like lee pryor because he is honest with it stating his ratio to customer and although id still class his 1 in 300 a poor return with the mass drops he does its worthwhile as a 20000 leaflet 1 day drop will bring in good results which he proved, unless doing it on a massive scale with massive cost your best off banging the doors which is tried and tested to be the best method time and time again.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »
Or just scap the leaflet dropping and simply knock and make note of the dirty houses where nobody is home and return another date.
3000 with nothing is shocking.
Bang on 3000 doors and you will likely get 200 customers or more!.
(Bring on the hater)  ;D.
I like lee pryor because he is honest with it stating his ratio to customer and although id still class his 1 in 300 a poor return with the mass drops he does its worthwhile as a 5000 leaflet 1 day drop will bring in good results which he proved, unless doing it on a massive scale with massive cost your best off banging the doors which is tried and tested to be the best method time and time again.

With leaflets I generally get 0.5% to 1%.  Lately it's been more like 1%.  However, it's fair to say that the amount that I drop is too small a sample to form proper conclusions.  If I dropped them in the quantities that Lee Pryor does, I imagine I would have similar results (about 0.33%).  I probably drop around 200 - 500 a week while working or on my way home from work.  I don't have the resources to employ others to do it.

paul ette

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
i payed someone to deliver, 45£ per 1000, bag of poope, wont bother again, i know you get call backs few weeks later but not 1 call in a week????

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:50 pm »
i dont understand you guys that are well established with  pretty full on workloads? ???

dont you get a steady drip of new work through word of mouth and recommendation?

ive hardly canvassed or leafleted for years!!im always picking up a steady stream of new jobs without even trying and there are over 20 other window cleaners working my areas.
price higher/work harder!

Ste M

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 10:48:52 pm »
I'm off your way soon Daz, one of the big boys is going on holiday so im going to canvass like mad  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 11:00:16 pm »
cant wait ste!ive certainly earned this holiday! ;D ;D

only 8 jobs to do tomorrow then 2 weeks off! :D :D :D
price higher/work harder!