This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thomas Higgins Partnership
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »
I know several members have used this service.

What has your experience been with them?
Is it worth the hassle?

dave0123

Re: Thomas Higgins Partnership
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »
yes its worth the hassle.. because they pay up before it even gets to court and it can all be done online with a couple of clicks!!
Dave.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:59:29 pm »
I only thing I do not like is is they want far to much detail about you and your business. I f feel they want more that they would need to chase up a customer.
      I worked for a mortgage company which  sold details of there customers and we were told to collect all this data and capture on our computers , which was sold on to other companies. As a matter fact I have had some callers from businesses, this very week for accounts and attorneys wanting business and they seemed to know a great deal about me.So I will not using them .
       I used a letter which was on this forum and it got the wind up most with great success.  Final Demand of Payment.
This was the final letter I used.
As I have to date not received payment or any explanation as to none payment. It  leaves me with no option, but  to take legal action with costs. As per my Terms and Conditions clearly stated on the invoice." All cost pertaining to retrieving payment  are for the account of  the customer." 
  At this stage the outstanding amount is £250.00 if we do not receive payment with in 48 hours I will be accepted that payment will not be forthcoming. This will be the last correspondence and demand for payment before we proceed with legal action.
 It would be adviseable  to settle a.s.a.p as  this could impact negatively  on your credit rating.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:26:36 pm »
I only thing I do not like is is they want far to much detail about you and your business. I f feel they want more that they would need to chase up a customer.
      I worked for a mortgage company which  sold details of there customers and we were told to collect all this data and capture on our computers , which was sold on to other companies. As a matter fact I have had some callers from businesses, this very week for accounts and attorneys wanting business and they seemed to know a great deal about me.So I will not using them .
       I used a letter which was on this forum and it got the wind up most with great success.  Final Demand of Payment.
This was the final letter I used.
As I have to date not received payment or any explanation as to none payment. It  leaves me with no option, but  to take legal action with costs. As per my Terms and Conditions clearly stated on the invoice." All cost pertaining to retrieving payment  are for the account of  the customer." 
  At this stage the outstanding amount is £250.00 if we do not receive payment with in 48 hours I will be accepted that payment will not be forthcoming. This will be the last correspondence and demand for payment before we proceed with legal action.
 It would be adviseable  to settle a.s.a.p as  this could impact negatively  on your credit rating.

what do you mean by too much details about your business? what like
Dave.

amayze

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 07:55:09 pm »
Yeah, they are okay - gets some to pay

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:50:26 pm »
I've used them twice and it couldn't be easier. You have to register online (takes about 5 minutes) with your company name etc.

When making a claim against someone, your details are already logged. Fill in the details of the person your chasing and that's it.

They send you a monthly bill, in my case it was £4.80 and both (ex) customers paid up within 7 days.

Hope that helps
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »
Try going onto there website and do a mock fill in and see.They ask for too much none related information that will have not bearing on the case of you trying to get your customer to pay.Bare in mind that are not acting as an attorney and are therefor  not bound by any legal code of practice.They are acting as a debt collector so don`t need so much information about you as a customer to do there job. They need to know more about the case not you the business or person.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:55 am »
DaveG -was that bill of £4.80 passed onto the customer..?

Graham

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:09 am »
As far as I am aware you can only pass on the cost if you have it as a condition of your  payment terms. Or if you sue them with costs which you will have to defend.

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »
DaveG -was that bill of £4.80 passed onto the customer..?

Graham

Hi Graham,

No I didn't pass it on, I was just happy to get my money.
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 12:37:01 pm »
Has anyone used this service for homeowners or just for commercial debt collection.

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:03 pm »
Yes, both of my claims were for homeowners.. 1 for £40 and the other for £28

I've let a few tenners go in the past, but these dum dums just wound me up
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »
Yes, both of my claims were for homeowners.. 1 for £40 and the other for £28

I've let a few tenners go in the past, but these dum dums just wound me up

Was that with Thomas Higgins?

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 04:13:52 pm »
Yes matey
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »
Yes matey

I only ask as they said it was for business to business only??

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 04:58:30 pm »
Yes matey

I only ask as they said it was for business to business only??

Just received clarification, they can do business to individuals but there are different requirements when going to court.

amayze

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 07:45:39 am »
Website says business to business, as when an invoice is produced to a business, you can charge additional interest on the late payment.

However, you can do business to personal - normal cost is £2 per letter + VAT.

concept

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:08 am »
Website says business to business, as when an invoice is produced to a business, you can charge additional interest on the late payment.

However, you can do business to personal - normal cost is £2 per letter + VAT.

Phone broken, or just being rude?!  :P