Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dannymack

Connector Problems
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:52:36 pm »
I hear so much about rubbish connectors ect,ect
Has no one like myself not use a tennis ball or one of those small plastic balls you get in schools with all the holes in as they last ages. Thread hose thru them you will have to cut hole in tennis ball or make hole lil bigger in plastic ball for the hose to go thru which sits just below connector which stops them banging about on the floor. I use the orange plastic connectors from B&Q had no probs and last about 6 or more months !!!

dannymack

Re: Connector Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:02 pm »
Anyone ?

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »
Danny, they come ready made, called protectaballs.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/jumbo-protecta-ball-63mm.html

dannymack

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:34:44 pm »
Cheers Ronnie, I've seen them and they are too small why pay for them they won't work when you can get tennis ball bigger and does the job !!!

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »
Cheers Ronnie, I've seen them and they are too small why pay for them they won't work when you can get tennis ball bigger and does the job !!!

i use these and they work fine! brought them from gardiners for £3 but went into the shop at the golf club near me to find out they sell a pack of 6 for £3??

? All u would have to do is drill a hole in them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/400423922715?showlimghlp=true&lpid=92&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=92&ff19=0

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 01:14:55 am »
I tie a knot in the hose right next to the connector. Why buy a tennis ball, a ping pong ball, this ball or that ball and what ever ball and all that stuff and drill holes?

When the bit of hose wears out after a 6 months or so, I cut 4 inches off and tie another knot.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:38 am »
I tie a knot in the hose right next to the connector. Why buy a tennis ball, a ping pong ball, this ball or that ball and what ever ball and all that stuff and drill holes?

When the bit of hose wears out after a 6 months or so, I cut 4 inches off and tie another knot.

???  If a loop forms in my hose it hooks up on everything.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 12:32:35 pm »
Exactly Spruce a knot catches and would affect the water flow Ross   Also on some jobs I need all my hose if I was to cut bits off it my hose wold get  toooooo short Rossi boy 😵