This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is the most recent service you have offered to your clients or on your website?

Gutter cleaning
23.1%
9 (23.1%)
UPVC cleaning
2.6%
1 (2.6%)
Conservatory cleaning
5.1%
2 (5.1%)
Solar panel cleaning
35.9%
14 (35.9%)
Pressure washing
17.9%
7 (17.9%)
Carpet cleaning
7.7%
3 (7.7%)
Oven cleaning
7.7%
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

What Is Your Newest Service?
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:42 am »
Also interested why you have chosen that particular service to offer.  ;D. Thanks in advance.

colin purewater

Re: What Is Your Newest Service?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:51:28 am »
Started communal cleaning as the apparent block company
I dork for  asked if
I new any one so thought I'd get some one else to do it

Not a great profit

But  a profit non the less  ;)
keep it simple

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:09:19 pm »
i have been offering an ironing service dressed in a leopard thong.............going well at the moment most customers in their 80s :D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 05:48:33 pm »
ferret grooming and balloon modelling.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:58:25 pm »
False teeth relining its had a great response from all the oldies.

andyM

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:15:05 pm »
I steal clothes to order off of washing lines.
Underwear seems to be my top seller at the moment.
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:16:59 pm »
I've been selling Christmas trees since July. Hasn't gone that well to be totally honest.  :(

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »
Thans Colin. The rest of you will get out of your nappies one day...

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 10:20:29 pm »
I've been selling Christmas trees since July. Hasn't gone that well to be totally honest.  :(

Fir play, to you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »

Fir play, to you.

;D ;D ;D

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:30:31 pm »
I think you knew your answer before you posted the question.
It's obvious it would have gone 2 ways, people would take the pee or you would have got a kick outta solar panel cleaning being the most popular.

Just to bring you back down to earth for a second though steve, (while you have pushed solar panel cleaning in what I consider to be a professional and thorough way) someone else would be doing it instead of you. In fact there are obviously many others.
You didn't invent the wheel, you have only learnt to ride it. Just like everyone else does.  ;)

I do have the greatest respect for your posts and how you're making it work for you though. And in my limited knowledge of the business, I do view your knowledge about it is as highly as anyone else in the field.
So I've finished with a pat on the back.

The comments have made me laugh too. The british sense of humour is unique.

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »
I think you knew your answer before you posted the question.
It's obvious it would have gone 2 ways, people would take the pee or you would have got a kick outta solar panel cleaning being the most popular.

Just to bring you back down to earth for a second though steve, (while you have pushed solar panel cleaning in what I consider to be a professional and thorough way) someone else would be doing it instead of you. In fact there are obviously many others.
You didn't invent the wheel, you have only learnt to ride it. Just like everyone else does.  ;)

I do have the greatest respect for your posts and how you're making it work for you though. And in my limited knowledge of the business, I do view your knowledge about it is as highly as anyone else in the field.
So I've finished with a pat on the back.

The comments have made me laugh too. The british sense of humour is unique.
;D Hi mark.  I agree with all of the above. I guessed which service it would be.

I don't get a kick out of it at all though. I set up the poll expecting it to pan out exactly as it did, people are very predictable. (If you do something often enough, a ratio appears. When the ratio appears, it is likely to continue.)
On another thread, someone said how solar was not a direction that most wanted to go down. I was just wondering if anyone would prove that to be wrong, and I think by their lack of response, they did.

I did not invent the wheel, but have copied and learned from many more before me in other countries. All I've tried to do is hit the market early, from a number of different angles.

Glad you find the posts interesting too.  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »
That was me - I didn't say Solar was a path people didn't want to go down Steve, I said many didn't want to go down the large business route.
I'm guessing you are still fairly young and just want to expand as far as you can go.

The gist of my post was that many members on here don't want to expand any further and are happy to stay a one man band. I think you'd be surprised at the age of many people on here.

What peed me off was that some of the bigger companies don't understand the sole operators and so belittle them.

Just as our pee taking might be predictable your posts too are incredibly predictable too  ;D

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
That was me - I didn't say Solar was a path people didn't want to go down Steve, I said many didn't want to go down the large business route.
I'm guessing you are still fairly young and just want to expand as far as you can go.

The gist of my post was that many members on here don't want to expand any further and are happy to stay a one man band. I think you'd be surprised at the age of many people on here.

What peed me off was that some of the bigger companies don't understand the sole operators and so belittle them.

Just as our pee taking might be predictable your posts too are incredibly predictable too  ;D
I don't belittle anyone on he mick, or at least I don't think I do. ??? I was a sole operator for 13 years, so understand the mindset completely.  :)

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 04:28:56 pm »
We're busy enough with window cleaning so we haven't got the motivation to offer any other services.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

Fir play, to you.

Don't needle him.
It's a game of three halves!

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »
We're busy enough with window cleaning so we haven't got the motivation to offer any other services.

+1
No still don't understand, I must be thick