This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Car Valeting
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:17:42 am »
Cleaned the car and Land Rover yesterday (joy). I used a drop of GG4 in the water then rinsed off with pure water, squeeged the worst of the water off and then gave a quick detail with a microfibre. They both came up a treat! This got me to thinking: is car valeting a service that could usefully be tacked on to my window cleaning operation? The company my wife works for are looking to change their car valeter and the quotes they have been getting are in the region of £30-35 per car (with 6-8 cars being done that's not too shabby). I realise that there is more to it than just a quick wash and dry but am interested to see if any one else has thought about or actually done it.

DASERVICES

Re: Car Valeting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:37:59 pm »

Ken,

My advise is don't go there, the overheads are too high. Stick to windows
  you'll earn more, worst cars are the ones with dog hairs.

Did it , gave it up, changed to window cleaning and have not looked back.

windolene

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:42:45 pm »
Hi, 

How about just the outsides. Office car parks ?

Kevin Windolene

adixon

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:30 pm »
FRIEND OF MINE WORKS THE SUPERMARKET CAR PARKS ON A WEEKEND DOES ALRIGHT AND GETS MORE WINDOW CLEANING WORK WITH IT WITH THE VAN BEEN SIGN WRITTEN

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 11:18:56 pm »
I always see that as the worst job ever, cleaning cars in a car park. Never done it so I wouldnt really know but could never face the thought of it.

Steve

ValueValeting

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 12:48:27 am »
Cleaned the car and Land Rover yesterday (joy). I used a drop of GG4 in the water then rinsed off with pure water, squeeged the worst of the water off and then gave a quick detail with a microfibre. They both came up a treat! This got me to thinking: is car valeting a service that could usefully be tacked on to my window cleaning operation? The company my wife works for are looking to change their car valeter and the quotes they have been getting are in the region of £30-35 per car (with 6-8 cars being done that's not too shabby). I realise that there is more to it than just a quick wash and dry but am interested to see if any one else has thought about or actually done it.

Certainly have. To be able to charge proper money though you need proper kit + knowledge (not much admittedly for basic washes..  ;D )

From scratch over and above general wc stuff (bucket, chamois,mf cloths, enthusiasm etc.) you will need.

Kit.

Pressure washer (proper one - not halfords special)
Generator (depending on power availability)
Dry vacuum (henry - fine)
Wet vacuum

Basic Chems.

TFR
wash/wax
wax
polish
tyre slick
carpet shampoo
general plastic cleaner
Non acid wheel cleaner
acid wheel cleaner
plastic/rubber dressing
window cleaner ( ;D)

Insurance.

motor trades insurance (V. V. important!!! DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to drive a custies car without it as the car will NOT be covered!!)
Separate PL?

Bits and Bobs.

Dog hair brush
loads of cloths
Wheel brush

Probably missed a couple of things off, but nothing urgent for day 1.

Pure water will obviously be helpful as no streaking, just don't use a brush - you won't get asked back a second time by a paying customer ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 06:50:08 am »
Do you not need a tank to feed washer?  I f you are self contained.

Are you as a Commercia lenterprise allowed to let thewater run into the groumd?

I do wonder about Waterfed Pole users.

petetaylor56

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 02:26:45 pm »
 :)we have blokes washing car in homebase carparks for a fiver a time i take my van and car there  there quicker than me and do a good job  :D
today i be mostly wfp

Mr. S

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:59:34 pm »
Takes me 5 secs to do my car......

STEP 1.  Take chamois from car and dampen

STEP 2.  clean front and rear number plate

JOB DONE & I got tinted glass all year round too! (DUST AND DIRT)

OR JUST PAY MY DAUGHTER A FEW QUID TO DO IT!! :D