This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: how do people fiberglass the back of their vans????
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:05 am »
I bond fibre glass to steel l like a fenders you will need to remove the paint but or  floor due the the large area it will bond well as long as you go up the sides as long as the surface is cleaned first. No grease,wax and oil which will work as releasing agent.Which would apply to any serface even paint.

andy east sussex

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »
I fibre glassed my old boat that part of it was cheap but fibre glss isn't waterproof by its self you need a gell coat on top of it to make it water proof and I found that to be very expensive

H20cleaning

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 06:17:33 pm »
I fibre glassed my old boat that part of it was cheap but fibre glss isn't waterproof by its self you need a gell coat on top of it to make it water proof and I found that to be very expensive
there is full kits out there on ebay around £50.00 for everything including colour pigment mate

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »
Th is  big difference between a boat standing in water 24/7 and a van with wet few mishaps. Underwater line  is even  a massive difference.BUY THE STUFF AND GET IT DOWN YOU ARE SPLITTING HAIR MATE.  IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED PAINT THE TOP SURFACE.Don`t make a simple job complicated. Sorry for the caps.
  Put up  ebay link let me see.

What van are you going to glass how big in sq m2 is it, if you go up a foot at least on the sides.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 07:07:13 pm »
looking in to this myself , we ran a chiller unit for a few years delivering meat to take ways van did over 200k in less then three years and the fiberglass looked as good as new and lasted well

it must be cheaper then speedliner as our last van cost us 2500 to get done 

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »
The big trick with glass fiber is to roller  the glass resin on the glass fibre  and putting enough resin to cover the  fibre cloth smooth, but not wet  small pools of resin as this will crack.This will guarantee a good finish.

EandM

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 09:36:06 am »
The big trick with glass fiber is to roller  the glass resin on the glass fibre  and putting enough resin to cover the  fibre cloth smooth, but not wet  small pools of resin as this will crack.This will guarantee a good finish.

Saw that on Old Top Gear at the Ginetta Cars Factory - evenness being the key.