Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

PPB it's bull poop
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:16:43 pm »
I have had a reply from June at Gaps  :o
Looks like ionics are being very naughty ???
If any one would like to read June reply email me j.green9669@me.com
Spit and polish

Re: PPB it's bull poop
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:51:16 pm »
Hi Trevor just sent over email
Spit and polish

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »
forward a copy to me too pls! info@avondhu-internet.com  ;D

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:35:47 pm »
Forward me a copy please Paul@erithwc.co.uk

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:26:26 pm »
same here plz mate voi-p@hotmail.co.uk June knows her stuff  :D
Dave.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:11 pm »
Having read June's reply what do you think :o
Spit and polish

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:38:56 pm »
Could I jump on the bandwagon?
Niceandclean2012@hotmail.co.uk
 ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:40 pm »
I think ionics have shot themselves in the foot with this one and it could seriously damage their reputation, basically looks like they are just trying to justify a bigger price tag for their equipment, would love to hear ionics reply to the letter
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »
Can I have a butchers please?

Darren@LanesWindowCleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »
i haven't looked at the ppb to be honest, but what is the difference more membranes or just different resin?

TBH i think ionic are idiots! more rogue than any other company in the industry by the looks of things!  >:(
Dave.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 04:49:09 pm »
I've not read the reply but I've posted before about Ionics.
 There stuff is massively overpriced anyway.
Its like designer clothes.
I admire them for building a brand that window cleaners aspire to. Even to the point of giving them free advertising on the side of the van.
Its not for me though even if I had a fleet of vans on the road it wouldn't be full of Ionics or Grippamax.
Some people have no idea or can't get their head round how a system works even though its very simple so they go for a brand to feel safe.
You can't blame Ionics for taking their money.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »

I think someone should inform trading standards!  :o

dave0123

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:59 pm »
I admire them for building a brand that window cleaners aspire to. Even to the point of giving them free advertising on the side of the van.
Its not for me though even if I had a fleet of vans on the road it wouldn't be full of Ionics or Grippamax.
Some people have no idea or can't get their head round how a system works even though its very simple so they go for a brand to feel safe.

thats not the point here though, this is complete false miss leading advertising claims.
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 04:53:49 pm »
its a bit like going out .. buying a 40ft pole getting home then it only reaches 20ft lol
Dave.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »

thats not the point here though, this is complete false miss leading advertising claims.

I suppose so but suppliers do these things.
We've got poles advertised as full carbon by one supplier yet the bottom section is full fibreglass.
If people are happy to buy it who cares?

formb

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 06:58:46 pm »
Thanks.

Think I'll give ppb a miss.

8)

Pete Thompson

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »
I forwarded the email to craig mawlams at ionic and I got a reply, he said this:

Hi Pete, thanks for the email, it is interesting that question of parts per billion is now being discussed more widely, in many ways it reminds me of the time when we launched our first hot water Thermopure systems.  Back then we had competitors coming out with all kinds of outlandish things about the use of hot pure water, from "it makes windows dirtier" to "it damages windows".  I didn't bother to entertain their arguments then, and I won't now for a simple reason - the proof is in the pudding.

Nowadays, Thermopure systems are everywhere, and currently Ionic sell about twice as many hot water as cold water systems.  When window cleaners actually used hot water, they saw the difference and the benefits for themselves.  (incidentally, most, if not all of those competitors that used to naysay hot water have since gone out of business, and that more than anything tells me that I was right)  The same will be true with PPB.

There is some truth to what June at Gapswater has said.  It is true that using resin alone isn't enough to produce water thats 0PPB.  That is why the Zero system has a sophisticated and automated water treatment process with several stages that we developed just for the Zero.  It simply couldn't be done as a DIY system.

We could get bogged down in the science of the subject, and that is interesting for some, but of much greater interest to most is whether it actually makes any practical difference when window cleaning.  As I'm sure I mentioned when you came to the BWCA training course, I was a window cleaner myself for decades cleaning some of the tallest buildings around, and when it came to new gadgets and gizmos, all that really mattered to me is whether it would save time, and therefore money.  This concept was the driving force behind Zero PPB, and indeed all of Ionic's innovations.

Just like hot water, the only real way to see the difference is to try it for yourself.  Of course we'll always get this those who will naysay the whole idea as a gimmick, just as they did for hot water, and even the Reach & Wash System itself.  That's fine, I have no problem with that at all because I know that the proof really is in the pudding.  In the mean time, forward thinking window cleaners who want to have the edge will actually use one of our Zero PPB systems, just as they did with our Thermopure systems, and reap the benefits.  We published the comments of two such window cleaners in our recent mailing, and in my view their words as window cleaners are as good as any that I could write!

Craig Mawlam

--

Craig Mawlam

The British Window Cleaning Academy
T: +44 (0) 1793 497 786
F: +44 (0) 1793 486 518
www.bwca.co.uk

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:47 pm »
So basically - "No comment - but hot water is great"...  ::)roll

PoleKing

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »
Good answer from Craig.
He doesn't admit it's any better himself.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

formb

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:56 pm »
"i could get bogged down in the science"

Yeah but you don't . Wonder why?