Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Pearson

Re: Encap machine
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 11:40:55 pm »
I've got one ;D ;D

They are a required taste as they are not as easy to manoeuvre as a Normal rotary

Want to loan me it so I can fit the swing arm kit and see if its worthwhile getting them over?

Would need it for 2 or 3 months for field trials then you could have it back with the swing arm kit FOC?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
Yep you can borrow it, but I need to send you a photo, this is the older version of the low boy with a different wheel fitting, it's not like the new version shown in the YouTube vid listed above

Give me your mobile number and I'll text you a photo,  if it can be fitted with the new wheels then I send it up to you to play around with.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 09:20:41 am »
Thanks Mike. Whats your email?

Would rather not post up my mobile number on the board as it isnt a business number.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 07:17:30 pm »
customers have seen standard rotaries but not Cimex or H Bot.

Customer gets a quote for a few hundred £'s and gets this.

vs

A quote for a £1k + and gets this (or its big bro)

The New Mini HOS - Should be great for domestics, available soon.

Both will do a great job with the right experience, chems and pads. One will do it a lot faster than the other and the initial outlay is obviously miles apart.

I am not a fan of using systems as a USP but as Paul says its about the theatre (an of course getting more toys to play with!)

Hey Jamie, this is great info!

Darran Pryce

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 07:19:02 pm »
Other observations made is that the results achieved with releasit hydrox have been far superior to surround or dynamall. Was I doing something wrong?

All 3 are great products. Did you do anything different when you used the Hydrox?
Were they different installations?

Dynamall and Hydrox will need a longer dwell than Surround as they are on the acid side of the pH scale.

Looking at the main encap products I have used the difference between them is in their make up.

Dynamall contains detergent, deodoriser, copolymer protector, oxi booster (5%) and the encapsulation polymer

Surround contains detergent, encap polymer and perfume depending on version

Prochem Procaps - as Surround, Woolsafe approved.

Chemspec Rotobrite 2 - Detergent, encap polymer, hydrogen peroxide (5-10%)

HOS Environ - High Surfactancy for zero dwell and greasy soil, hydrogen peroxide (?%) encap polymer. CRI approved.

Releasit Hydrox contains Encap polymer, Hydrogen Peroxide (10%) & Detergent. It is also further on the acid side of the pH scale (3.5) making the additional booster more stable in the bottle and effective on problem acid side soils, its Crystalon HP polymer is different from the regular Crystalon 3 in the rest of the range to make it more compatible with the oxidiser for improved cleaning.

If protector is required it can be applied afterwards.

Why one worked better than the other will be down to the above factors/features of the product and obviously the carpet & soil type.
Obviously there is only so much "space" in concentration for each ingredient so choosing what you actually need for the job will determine what to use.

Dynamall gives you a bit of everything thrown into the mix making it a great all rounder.

The Releasit range lets you tailor what you actually require to get the maximum performance.

Basic - Straight cleaning and encapsulation (no perfume or protector) 1:16 or 1:32 dilution
DS1 & 2 - Double Strength with Flurochemical Protector, Tea Tree Extract 1:32 dilution
Bio - As DS1 & 2 but no protectoe and EDFA approved
Punch - Surfactant loaded for greasier areas and zero dwell time, Protector, Tea Tree Extract variable dilutions as a pre-spray (before DS2 or Basic), Extraction Rinse, Spotter, Bonnet Cleaner (doesn't foam like the others so better for spray application), Upholstery Cleaner (synthetics) CRI approved.
HydrOx - Cleaning & Encapsulation (acid side) with peroxide booster. The favourite for wool carpet, organic soils & spills and upholstery cleaning.

Surround, Procaps, Releasit Basic, Punch & DS2 could all be boosted with Sodium Percarbonate (Chemspec Energizer, Prochem Oxibrite, Craftex Energybryte) if desired. Not something I have found the need for with the Releasit range.

Sorry, I meant this... Great info Jamie.

Frank pole

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 08:23:13 am »
Dave.. But who sees it? ....Most of my bonneting is done when no ones there.

I think there is a big market for a retro fit spray attachment than can b fitted to any rotary, even a non electric drip fed fitting than has 3 or 4 outlets at the front of the rotary so as you move forward it drips Encap onto the carpet.

If your rotary has a tank you could fit a bit of solution line onto the bottom tank outlet, then wrap it around the rubber bumper, drill small holes into it, pull the shampoo release lever and hay-presto a chemical delivery system

is there any supplier that sells a spray kit to fit on a rotary?

stuart_clark

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:55 pm »
I bought a new cimex machine about two weeks ago from John Kelly, its very good in wide open spaces and has easily paid for itself on the first job I did with it, ok I could have used my chemstractor but I couldnt of cleaned in exess of 200 square metres an hour with it, I only complaint with the cimex is it dosent clean right to the edge and I find I have to go over the edges with my chemstractor or risk scraping the wheel on my shiny new Cimex

Stuart

Darran Pryce

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 02:25:32 pm »
I know what you mean Stuart.

I have just cut down a zeb pad and put it on the oreck (13") and go down the sides after. 

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 03:47:29 pm »
A microfibre scrub pad on a doodlebug/edging tool will do the bit the cimex doesnt reach.

Paul Moss

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 08:49:29 pm »
Stu , just put an over size on one of the three boards and it will take care of edges  ;)

John Kelly

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 09:03:24 pm »
Now have 13" Zebra Pads in stock.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:08 pm »
Now have 13" Zebra Pads in stock.

I won't be cutting down again :-)

SteveAllan

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 11:05:12 pm »
What price are they John, are they better than the Activa pads.

stuart_clark

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:04 am »
Paul

never thought of that , so would a 9inch one do the trick ? Also I am looking to get some brushes for it

Paul Moss

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 09:09:19 am »
Stu, on certain jobs I will put a brush on one, a over size ( one I cut to shape myself) pad and a zebra pad on the third board. You then get great aggitation and right up to the edge cleaning  ;)
Get the zebra pads of J K and the best pads are the buff colour ones Jamie sells.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2014, 09:20:54 am »
Brush / pad combo on Cimex works really well and something we use a lot on hotel carpets.

Just dont let your pads run down to much to reduce head wobble.

Its also worth fitting the shampoo brush diffusers to your pad drives for a more even distribution of soultion.

stuart_clark

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2014, 09:35:14 pm »
I used the cimex tonite on a job with the Zebra pads, I must say I was not I pressed ! Sorry JK I know they were a freeby with the cimex but they hardly agitated the carpet, I thi k its going to be fibre plus in future,

Stuart

SteveAllan

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:59 pm »
What are the fibre plus like Stuart, ive been thinking about giving them a try.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 06:47:49 am »
The Zebra pads have their place. Mainly on cut pile carpet. For low level loop or short cut pile tiles pads like the Cimex own and Fiberplus can sometimes have the edge.

Its worth having all the options and doing a test patch then go with whats working best/fastest. Same is true for rotary and OP machines. Have a good selection as sometimes the more aggressive options aren't always the best.

Fiberplus (Beige) / Fiberplus MAX (Grey) / Zebra (Micorfibre/Scrub) and Brushes.

Paul Moss

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 09:34:06 am »
Paul

never thought of that , so would a 9inch one do the trick ? Also I am looking to get some brushes for it

Some of us are great problem solvers  8)