This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff evans

Powder coated aluminium frames
« on: March 05, 2006, 05:32:19 pm »
Hi all.

Just returned from doing a monthly commercial clean.
I  cannot get these windows right with wfp no matter what
i seem to try.
Ive tried doing the frames first then going back to do the glass, ive tried being very carefull and only done the glass,most of these windows have been done at least 6 times.

But same result every time i keep getting milky white runs from the sides, it seems as though the top half of the window seems to be allright but from half way down i keep getting these runs. i am doing pleanty rinsing on each window.

Does anyone else do these types of windows, and do you have problems ?  i think i read on here that rosskova had problems with this. Its so frustrating because i will have to go back and redo them with the ladder and squeegy but use pure water.

Cheers jeff

Simply Clean Windows

Re: Powder coated aluminium frames
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 07:15:05 pm »
i had this problem on quite a large house,in the end i had to just do the glass only,being very careful not to get the top frame wet,this seems to work well for me,been doing this house for about 2years now. what made this job easier is the walls are whitewashed and as soon as it rains,they get white streaks down there windows anyhow.

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 07:58:12 pm »
Hi Jeff

We've got a few houses that no matter what we do they won't come up anywhere near clean with wfp so we still do them trad style.

Two of those places have oxidised aliminum frames and both come up really bad with wfp even if the water doesn't touch the frames. I havn't a clue why but a few other local wfp's have similar problems with some aliminum frames.

As they are both good customers, we hand bash them trad style.

Cheers

Ross

jeff evans

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 05:23:15 pm »
Cheers malc & ross for your replies. I thought i had read something on here by byou ross.
Will be realy P****D of if i have to go back to doing it trad >:(, its a fairly big commercial job and this job was the main reason for buying WFP in the first place  :'( will try doing a few windows with different methods tomorrow morning and see how they dry while i trad the rest.

But hey ho if i have to go back to doing it trad so be it, the quality of work comes before anything else ::).

Cheers jeff

mrfoo77

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:30:45 pm »
I think those powder coated alu frames aren't gonna like it whatever you do... I've exactly the same problem!!!

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:45:45 am »
I too had the problem on a couple of accounts , big houses too , but i gave them a real long clean first time in , the milky water took a long time to go but in the end it did , i suppose it depends on the price of the job , if you can warrant the time spent on the first few cleans then stick with it .

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jeff evans

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 03:29:57 pm »
Hi been back today to finish of that commercial job redid the back and one side trad with pure water, redid the front and one side wfp.

Now when i did them before although i was giving them a good rinse i was only rinsing from the top, so as all my problems seemed to be on the bottom half of the windows this time i rinsed from top to bottom, ( hard work with a 30ft pole ) but it seems to have solved my problem.

Will have to till next month to be sure :-\ :-\

cheers jeff      Thanks for all your replies

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 03:10:30 pm »
some ally frames on on my customers houses are still "milking" after about 8 cleans.
they just wont stop drawing off the powder so i wfp them off and then get a squeegee on a pole and blade the glass, seems to work that way and i worked it out it still quicker than laddering it, i've really got an aversion to getting the ladder off the roof these days! It feels like a right hassle!

Mr. S

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:52:05 pm »
Only been wfp since last week, although this weeks weather C**p, but not really had a problem with these windows yet and done a few........ Maybe cause im new to wfp and taking my time its working, SO FAR, or mayb jus LUCKY!!!!

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 10:03:33 am »
GENESIS , i hear what your saying with the ladder bit !
I too am getting a complex about undoing the ladder racks , you should see my face when a customer asks me to do a little job that involves a ladder , talk about DOLLY OUT OF PRAM TANTRUM !

Should i take them off the van , its a tuffy ?

Rich  P @ F

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 03:06:13 pm »
GENESIS , i hear what your saying with the ladder bit !
I too am getting a complex about undoing the ladder racks , you should see my face when a customer asks me to do a little job that involves a ladder , talk about DOLLY OUT OF PRAM TANTRUM !

Should i take them off the van , its a tuffy ?

Rich  P @ F

;D ;D
had to get my ladder off today,just for a bloody bubble sky light on a flat roof-my mate said i looked like a bulldog chewing on a wasp ;D

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:16 pm »
ARE WE GETTING LAZY OR WHAT !   ;D ;D

Rich

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 09:29:16 am »
I have these window frames on my house and I get the problem as well. I have always thought it was due to the paint oxidising because it seems to have got worse over time.
My experience is that it never goes away no matter how many times you do them.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 11:46:21 am »
ARE WE GETTING LAZY OR WHAT !   ;D ;D

Rich
oh yes ;D

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 09:26:18 pm »
GENESIS , whats the latin bit mean in your avatar /

Rich

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 10:03:49 am »
GENESIS , whats the latin bit mean in your avatar /

Rich
dont let the ba@*rds grind you down ;D

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 09:18:27 am »
GENESIS , nice quote , i think i will put that on the side of the van !

Rich  P @ F

JohnL

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 07:47:15 pm »
try a Google for remedies. Somewhere I have read about a solution which neutralises the oxidisation which is occuring

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.