Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Your opinion about a special thread where ads could be posted and discussed

The forum should have a thread where ads could be posted and discussed
The forum should NOT have a thread where ads could be posted and discussed
Existence or lack of a special thread where ads could be posted and discussed does not make any difference to me
Re: What is wrong with advertising?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 12:46:09 am »
I would just like to make things clear:

I have posted this topic and poll to attract more attention to the issue of the blatant advertising posts, which are not doing any favours anybody…

Some times it is very difficult to discuss some equipments and etc., as even some members of this forum start to object to some posts saying that they were blatant advertising.  Prowler is a resent example. I have posted post about Prowler to find out more about that machine, however somebody (different topic) has already blamed another person for blatant advertising of the Prowler…

Kind regards,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 12:48:54 am »
Arthur, stop advertising your poll  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 01:19:25 am »
Arthur,

I understand where you are coming from its a difficult one,

I use this Forum to learn. I understand you are new to Carpet Cleaning so you have more to learn.

If you ban mentioning of any product or service we would not learn about new developments in the industry.

You could say the post about the Prowler which I think you were involved in starting is blatant Advertising.

But the Prowler is a new Machine to UK should we not know about it.

You have  ALSO  been involved in a post about The ROTOVAC not suggesting you are involved with the Company as you are not but this would have to be banned.

A new rival to xxxxxxxx has come onto the market which also has 3 Vacs should this be regarded as Advertising.

A Carpet Cleaner has a Machine that he is very proud off made by Ashbys should talk about this machine be banned.  And how he has adapted it for on van use.

I would have thought it is of interest

You were Asking about The Extracta Scrubber should talk about this be banned.

There is the CFR machine and CFR  tools worth knowing about.

Craftex have a Micro Splitter how are we going to know about that,

Prochem have a powdered one?

How we going to compare products

So we are lleft with people who blatanly post.

I know of one Forum that charges £50 a month to mention products on the Forum in the Product section very few companies if any use it.

In my opinion if you completly ban mentioning products the Forum will be weaker.

However that does not mean open season. And posts about products which apear regularly may be deleted especially if the poster does not give advise on other subjects.

Also there is a DANGER TO TO THE COMPANY that blatanly advertises that their product is going to be critised.

In the past what I call bully boy tactics have been tried.

Last year I regularly received abusive pms and emails

Start a seperate section.

I use another Forum   not to do with Carpet Cleaning that has 60 Seperate Sections .

I find it anoying difficult to follow.

Do you know what The Moderators get anoyed when I critisise

Perhaps a certain post  or posts should  have been deleted but Arthur what do you know about Pub Cleaning learnt some interesting stufff from it .

Perhaps they will lend all of us a machine when we need to clean a pub. ;D ;D ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 06:28:21 am »
Like Ross I believe that the current status quo should remain, on the window cleaning section several suppliers post on there but they refrain from outright advertising of their products.
Reuben from Ionics for instance has popped a pic on the window cleaning section of a new Zero waste R/O with a little bit of info about the product, if they hadn't done so then none of us would have heard of it.
Reuben also comes on the forum and helps out many window cleaners with informed replies to question and isn't forever pushing his products.
The same for many of the suppliers.

Should we have a section for suppliers to post their prices and so on they'll be having a free rein to advertise, and by free I mean free!

You want to advertise you have to pay for the privilege, and thats how it should be.
Various products get discussed and links to the various suppliers of these products are allowed and you can see all their advertising on ther own sites, I don't want to see their blurb in post after post in what would be a 'free ads' section.
As it is the pro's and con's of various products get discussed by users on the forum, so I think they get all the advertising they need anyway.

So I think things are fine as they are. ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

carpetclean

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 07:15:48 am »
i concur without people mentioning certain products how would we find out about them? its not only machines but chemicals as well. i think the majority of people can tell when a totally biased and blatent advert is on. i though this is what forums are for to share ones knowledge and help each other. i personally have learnt a lot on this particular forum. regarding the prowler i get the impression speaking to other c/c's that most people are interested in a demo of this machine and with out it being posted on here it wouls have passed us by
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 08:24:53 am »
Can of worms.
::)  :o  Have not seen any  ;D ;D

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 08:58:24 am »
Arthur,
I understand where you are coming from its a difficult one...

Thank you Ian for your post,
Could you say if we should expect any changes about gods?
Or shell we have another poll about it?
I like polls, that is how we get answers to some difficult questions…
Kind regards,
Arthur

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 03:19:31 pm »
Hi Guys,

As with all these things there is a fine dividing line between information and advertising.

I think Ian and I have similar approaches.

Mine is to delete blatant advertising ,  but allow information which is technical or practical .

What I will not allow is the one person asks a soft question and the usual suspects pile in with plaudits,pictures and then attempt to bully anyone who dares to suggest theirs isn't the most intelligent, best , biggest etc etc.

There are two reasons for not allowing this , one is no bullying and the other is it's just plain boring .

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 10:52:44 pm »
Arthur,

PLease do not do a poll about Gods.

You know my view. I will try to find out.

Ian