Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CARPET KNIGHTS

Truck mounters Censorship
« on: March 04, 2006, 07:57:45 pm »
Just noticed that truckmounters have censored Allerg-stop to cillit bang. I had it in my signature ie Allerg-stop network member and it was changed so i typed it a l l e r g - s t o p and then they went into my profile and deleted it. put it back on with a message to the moderators to stop altering my profile.

If i can't show what memberships i have then surely neither should NCCA members etc.

Seems that it is nothing but a communist forum that they are developing!

Cheers Goron

stevegunn

Re: Truck mounters Censorship
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:17:06 pm »
In fairness to them they are just doing what another forum does to them.Locking a members profile because he is a moderator on another forum.Tit for tat springs to mind ::)

Glynn

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:45:57 pm »
Goron,
You clearly dont like TruckMounters . So why have you filled an application form to become a full member ?
Dont you think this is a little hypocritical.
I think you need to make your mind up.
Regards
Glynn

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 08:54:28 pm »
We are all grown men and surely the more sources we have for information the better.There is room for all the forums if for whatever reason you don't like a particular forum don't use it simple ::)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:00:11 pm »
I'm getting sick of being treated like an idiot, do all the owners & moderators of these websites think we are all thick, stupid carpet cleaners.

did we really need to ask why lee was locked or why gorons allegy-stop was changed.

its getting like every post reads like an advert for a certain machine, I think  steve gunn is copulating with his prowler, Goron who are you kidding ::) as if we are all going to forget our plans for buying a truckmount and buy a scorpion just because you cleaned a pub with it.

we all like to help our mates out by trying to give them a bit of free advertising, but please don't insult our intelligence, we know who you are and with whom your allegiances lie.

Mike

Ps although I named Steve G & Goron they are not the biggest culprits ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:43:48 pm »
Mike I'd do the same for you if you built your own t/m and it was any good ;)I have no allegiance to john kelly if anything i should be telling everyone to steer clear as he supports the wrong team.Sorry for the banging on about the machine I will not post anymore about it. :-X

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:52:54 pm »
Steve

(In fairness to them they are just doing what another forum does to them. Locking a members profile because he is a moderator on another forum. it for tat springs to mind) I’m a nobody is that why I’m lock out not that I give, if it paid the bills I may?

Can you bang on about the eclipse? Or has it died a death?

Goron

Read my reply and answer

I can understand why amended, don’t think AS is trade origination? Just a group of like minded CC’s. 

Have to say I don’t pay the ferry man

Only chain I pull is the bog! ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:27:48 pm »
Len, I have often wondered, which forum are you "locked" out of?
Is it clean talk?
if so, I must have missed that one ;D
Chris
Staffordshire

garyj

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 11:49:28 pm »

Cheers Goron

LMFAO, this from a moderator of another forum where if another company wishes to advertise they pay!!

AND

A- Stop has its own 'closed' forum for network members only. Communist???? LMFAO

I've always been very careful not to slag another member off, but in this case, what a complete idiot.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 11:52:59 pm »
Mike I'd do the same for you if you built your own t/m and it was any good ;)I have no allegiance to john kelly if anything i should be telling everyone to steer clear as he supports the wrong team.Sorry for the banging on about the machine I will not post anymore about it. :-X

Steve, do not listen to anybody, if you have anything to say just say it.  That is what the forum is all about.  

Mike, if you do not like what somebody says confront them, make your point, and give your opinion about other machines which might be better.  The forum is about exchanging opinions, why would you blame people for a crime they have not committed?

Kind regards,
Arthur

therapist

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 12:25:56 am »
This forum has really come alive and the freedom to name drop ( provided it's not excessive ) has to be admired.

I just decided to cease visiting the c/t forum, as I found I'd also been ' locked out '  There is an apparent insecurity and it's resulted in childish tactics.

The spats of slagging that occur on here usually result in a positive outcome, or occasionally an apology. Generally speaking good healthy debate which provides a learning opportunity for the less experienced.

There is nothing like the variety of topics elsewhere and I would describe this board as vibrant and the other as stale, with no openness................their loss !

well done and long may it continue

rob

Ian Gourlay

Re: Truck mounters Censorship New
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 11:24:48 am »
This is me speaking not as a Moderator.

When every one had that Aleg Stop Logo  it was too much in your face.

In fact it put me off the idea completly. Although the Concept of the Network was similliar to a posting I made when I had no Idea that Nick was planning  such a Network.

Got the impression they were trying to dominate all sites with the product.

Shame because I respect Nick, I think he has acheived a lot, and has become a  Challenge to other Supply companies. And Im not sure what JBs role is but its good to see  he has an outlet for his ideas.

As far as I know Carpet Knights are the only ones using the In Face Logo.

Most NCCA members have their membership in the bottom of the box. I think that is where the Aleg Stop Network Membership should be.  Mike Boxall may have diffrent ideas  when he revamps Forum

Not intended to start a war just my opinion.
And yes we have been brave enough to allow posts on a variety of products, but obviously we must remember Mike Boxall own a Cleaning Supply Company and owns the site and should be treated with the respect .

As a Forrum member not a Moderator. 

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 11:34:01 am »

Cheers Goron

LMFAO, this from a moderator of another forum where if another company wishes to advertise they pay!!

AND

A- Stop has its own 'closed' forum for network members only. Communist???? LMFAO

I've always been very careful not to slag another member off, but in this case, what a complete idiot.

Since when was i a moderator there i am not a moderator on any forum!

Ian point taken but that is where i had put it on the tm forum.

Glynn I have a first for knowledge and find that as truckmounters is accessed by americans too that there is knowledge available there that is not available elsewhere. Just annoyed that there is some kind of vendetta against anybody that has anything to do with solutions and rules are changed to suit!

Goron

Art

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 11:55:58 am »
Goron,

Comparing a/s or any other supplier related products to the NCCA  etc.

Come on think about it, NCCA membership is independant of any supplier.

As Mike said stop insulting peoples intelligence.

Solutions IMO are a first rate company and nick is a really helpful guy, but personally i don't think some of the a/s members posts do him any favours

Arthur