This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CMS

Re: washing cloths
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 10:00:56 pm »
Oh dear! Not following the industry recognised colour coding system then?

Red? For a kitchen?

Take a look at the BICS site and go to

Standards>Colour Coding.

www.bics.org.uk

Prestige1

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:15 pm »
No CMS
just following the PCS system Phils common sense, B, Blue for bathrooms the other colour "green" for kitchens, helps me no end to maintan an 85% sucess rate when winning new jobs, the customers love it.
regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 10:32:39 pm »
We have been serving a place where live people with learning disabilities.  Here is their colour coding: blue for loo and pink for the sink.

As simple as that.

Kind regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 10:37:09 pm »
my color coding is red for toilets and the toilet floors, sanitary areas/pipes etc
blue for basins, showers, tiles etc washroom.

green for kitchen sink areas
yellow for kitchen work surfaces and floors

white for general skirtings, window sills, walls, doors/frames

i have seen some people use the same cloth all over the house, now that was just vile !!  :o

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 10:44:56 pm »
...Toilets are always cleaned with bleach spray and kitchen roll this is then flushed ...

That is how we do it

CMS

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 06:40:36 pm »
No CMS
just following the PCS system Phils common sense, B, Blue for bathrooms the other colour "green" for kitchens, helps me no end to maintan an 85% sucess rate when winning new jobs, the customers love it.
regards Phil

I don't doubt that the customer loves a colour coding system. It may actually become law in the future.

The problem is that you are not using the system that is generally acknowledged to be the industry standard. It's what BICS, all the big companies, most NHS Trusts etc. use.

The problem will come when you employ a cleaner who has had their proper training elsewhere and uses the 'correct' colours, only to find that in your organisation they are wrong.

MrsMeredith

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 01:45:45 pm »
I thought kitchen roll when flushed down toilet does not break down like loo roll?? can this cause a blockage or sewer problems?

At the hotel i clean at weekends we have to be very strict with keeping all our cleaning cloths separate in our cleaning box so as not to spread toilet germs with polishing duster etc etc, any blue j-cloths we use during our shift is binned and the dusters/polishing cloths are washed @ 60 degrees.

We use procusts by a company called "ECOLAB" which are very high standard but i cannot see them supplied anywhere, any ideas where they can be obtained or is it strictly for the hotel/catering/hosptal business sector?

Tracey.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 02:07:22 pm »
We use to use ecolab products years ago, at that time they were called Duranas(not sure about the spelling) i think they sell direct to the industry and there main distribution depot is here in brum on the gravely ind estate in erdington, im sure if you google it youl find out more info ;)

chris