Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

new pole time
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »
looking at buying a clx from gardener pole if you had the choice would you get clx 22 or clx27 ??

LBWCS

Re: new pole time
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »
Neither slx if ur gona pay for an upgrade make it worth it

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »
If it an everyday pole & you have another pole for higher work, a 22' would be my choice.
Actually a 18' slx or extreme would be my choice

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »
22 is a good pole but to short for some jobs if your funds are limited go for the 27

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
unfortunately funds just cannot stretch for the slx
i want a all day pole that will reach just about gutter hight without been over stretched as i do have some long overhangs i have to reach over to clean the top windows

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »
i had a 22 CLX and it was fine for regular domestics.never used the 27.i can imagine it could be bendy at full stretch but if your only using it for the odd window its probably ok.

full carbon poles are much better though.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

home6442

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »
Get the clx22 you can add another section later if needed or by then you might have the
funds for a SLX.

simonr

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 08:21:41 pm »
been using the 27 everyday for over 2yrs now & its bang on, i use it full stretch over a  few conservatories no problem. it may be more bendy than a slx but its a great pole still, why get something more expensive & smaller???   do that when your on £60/hr  like everyone else ::)roll

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:27:44 pm »
been using the 27 everyday for over 2yrs now & its bang on, i use it full stretch over a  few conservatories no problem. it may be more bendy than a slx but its a great pole still, why get something more expensive & smaller???   do that when your on £60/hr  like everyone else ::)roll
thanks
the old pole is bendy believe me its an old grey 100% glass fiber one universal or x tel i think they were called when i contacted gardiners about the poles they looked in to my records and i have had the same pole since 2007 i couldn't believe it i just laughed to my self i cannot believe i had the same pole for 6 years

home6442

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »
thanks
the old pole is bendy believe me its an old grey 100% glass fiber one universal or x tel i think they were called when i contacted gardiners about the poles they looked in to my records and i have had the same pole since 2007 i couldn't believe it i just laughed to my self i cannot believe i had the same pole for 6 years

Its not a 27 foot xtel my god after 6 years you will either be like Arnold Schwarzenegger or in need or elbow joint
replacements. ;D

m.b.s.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »
been using the 27 everyday for over 2yrs now & its bang on, i use it full stretch over a  few conservatories no problem. it may be more bendy than a slx but its a great pole still, why get something more expensive & smaller???   do that when your on £60/hr  like everyone else ::)roll
thanks
the old pole is bendy believe me its an old grey 100% glass fiber one universal or x tel i think they were called when i contacted gardiner about the poles they looked in to my records and i have had the same pole since 2007 i couldn't believe it i just laughed to my self i cannot believe i had the same pole for 6 years

Its not a 27 foot xtel my god after 6 years you will either be like Arnold Schwarzenegger or in need or elbow joint
replacements. ;D
yep old back and neck playing up now hence the change lol
plus it has an old red viken brush on the end
which is the best brush that i can get free for the clx as you get one free?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:05 pm »
been using the 27 everyday for over 2yrs now & its bang on, i use it full stretch over a  few conservatories no problem. it may be more bendy than a slx but its a great pole still, why get something more expensive & smaller???   do that when your on £60/hr  like everyone else ::)roll
thanks
the old pole is bendy believe me its an old grey 100% glass fiber one universal or x tel i think they were called when i contacted gardiner about the poles they looked in to my records and i have had the same pole since 2007 i couldn't believe it i just laughed to my self i cannot believe i had the same pole for 6 years

replacements. ;D

If the back and neck are playing up why not save up a little longer and get an slx your back and neck will thank you ;D
I'm from Yorkshire and as such I'm really tight. ;D
I used to have a Harris which was great but I wanted something a bit longer with a shorter closed length.
I was all set to get an clx 22 which I'm sure would have been fine but Gold persuaded me of the long term health benefits of an slx.
So I went against my tight nature spent the extra £80 or so and got an slx 22 with carbon gooseneck and medium mixed extreme brush.
Best move I ever made.
Its a delight to work with and I'm earning around £5 per hour more with it so the extra it cost has already been covered.
Compared to your glass fibre it'll feel light as a feather.
I can't reccomend it enough. ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »

If you are looking to save weight and strain on your neck then the best brush you can get for this pole included in the price is the Xtreme Medium-Mixed - my favourite brush.

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »

If you are looking to save weight and strain on your neck then the best brush you can get for this pole included in the price is the Xtreme Medium-Mixed - my favorite brush.

He's struggling to get his wallet to stretch to a SLXII, can't see the jump to Extreme being an easy one Alex!  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

JNESTIE

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:01 pm »
I have an extreme 18 and have just bought a clx 27 for the few jobs I cant reach. I am very pleased with the clx and realised just how much I have been overstreching with the extreme 18. Although the difference in weight is noticeable I'm sure you will get on fine with either the clx22 or clx27. I'm sure my clx will be getting a lot of use from now on.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:22 pm »

If you are looking to save weight and strain on your neck then the best brush you can get for this pole included in the price is the Xtreme Medium-Mixed - my favorite brush.

He's struggling to get his wallet to stretch to a SLXII, can't see the jump to Extreme being an easy one Alex!  ;D

Fortunately the Xtreme brush is  a lot cheaper than the Xtreme poles!

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:02 pm »
Had a clx22 with sill brush for a couple of weeks and i'd highly recommend it.
Great for domestic work as it gets to 2nd floor and windows over extensions.
If you're on a budget like i am then it will do you fine while you save your pennies for a full carbon which is what i'm doing.

dotty

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »
am looking at a slx25 hoping to get one next week hope it is ok
p doherty

ben M

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:00 pm »
am looking at a slx25 hoping to get one next week hope it is ok
i love my slx25,great pole, even better with the new clamps

m.b.s.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »
Thanks all
All ordered so hope its as good as some say v
Clx 27 with duel trim mixed brush I think it was if too heavy surely I can take the bottom section off and put an end cap on and just replace the bottom section if and when required
Can I get spare end cap Alex in case I removed the bottom section to turn it in to the 22?
Hope it'd here Monday
Cheers