Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robertphil

who to approach?-commercial
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:47:18 am »
lately iv taken on a commercial job that has to be done very early in the mornings about 7 am -before town centre roads get busy because the ladders have to sit on the road.its a good earner,enough to treat my workers to breakfast!

i now want to get a bunch more of this work to fill it out a bit and can see various offices nearby ,wondering if you guys have any tips about who you would approach to get in there? would you write? walk in to the reception? i dont want to be booted out the sidedoor i know id only get one chance so dont want to mess up with the intro

these are old style buildings ,victorian window type places

windiewasher

Re: who to approach?-commercial
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:50 am »
lately iv taken on a commercial job that has to be done very early in the mornings about 7 am -before town centre roads get busy because the ladders have to sit on the road.its a good earner,enough to treat my workers to breakfast!

i now want to get a bunch more of this work to fill it out a bit and can see various offices nearby ,wondering if you guys have any tips about who you would approach to get in there? would you write? walk in to the reception? i dont want to be booted out the sidedoor i know id only get one chance so dont want to mess up with the intro

these are old style buildings ,victorian window type places
Get becci swan to get you the appointments m8.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:46:19 am »
ask for facilities manager

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »
dont you think you should be WFP if your going all out to gain commercial work?

i know for a fact theres no way i would have some of the commercial offices etc on my books  if i wasnt wfp. ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

stuart mc

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 07:00:59 pm »
if you think 7am is really early you are in for a shock I was up at 3.30 this morning to do commercial :'( :'(

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:25 am »
dont you think you should be WFP if your going all out to gain commercial work?

i know for a fact theres no way i would have some of the commercial offices etc on my books  if i wasnt wfp. ::)roll
you couldnt do this old style stuff and get a good result wfp,several  others have tried in the past  so i hear.   im not planning on going all out to get lots, this is jus an erly morning sideline  but im not sure who to ask . im thinkin i could print out a  brochure to take in with me in my hand but would welcome tips from you in getting office work

robertphil

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:07:51 am »
if you think 7am is really early you are in for a shock I was up at 3.30 this morning to do commercial :'( :'(
im not wanting to start doing the shops is that what you were doin so erly? ,  i spose you nip home for your brekkie after banging them out and then start on the houses at 9 ?      

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 08:41:01 am »
robertphil all my commercial work has been gained from word of mouth and recommendation over the years.ive never canvassed for them.

none are done earlier than 8am in the morning.i have no desire to be out window cleaning too early in the morning!! ;D ;D

Archer

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 09:33:50 am »

Robertphil,

Firstly, don't mention to any commercial that you intend using ladders on their premises, that's the first bit of advice.

Supply them with all the correct paperwork and insurance documentation.

Do a good job, and use them as a reference if you quote other work.

Think bigger than you actually are, but be sensible in what you think you can clean.

Just be confident but know your limitations.

Ask the commercial you are cleaning do they know others that may require your services.

jimiwindows

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:56 am »

+1  3.30am

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:54:41 am »
And watch out for all the back handers going on

Archer

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:27:31 pm »
Yes totally agree,

Looks like that has just happened against a job we do,  >:(

robertphil

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »
i had some fellah from ASL i think he said call me up today wantin a biggish Tesco metro doin fortnightly at £39 paid each month in n out and a Santander done weekly,paid at £25 each month ,in n out + sign and upper windows , to me thats silly money plus he was shoutin down the phone

i guess what im after is places who spend a tad more freely like solicitors and archoitects-the big pot  payout, not loose change from out of a paper cup

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »
ive found medium size private offices,care homes and big  childrens nurseries the best for being able to charge a good price and prompt payment(usually on the day or within a few weeks).

regards

dazmond

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
I would never do any commercial sub contracting for anyone.
Ive picked some great work up and im talking very good money.
Twice as much as i can earn a day doing residentials.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

mark dew

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 05:35:23 pm »
If you're a 1 man band then you don't really want to be subbying from another wc company. Cos the cream gets skimmed off and all your left with is sour milk.

A direct approach is probably the best in the short term.

A longer approach which will yield something eventually, is to get yourself a free listing on yell.com.

Finding commercial work using ladders is going to make it harder still.

Archer

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

Mark dew,

I disagree with regards to not subbing from another w/c company because there is good work on offer off some of them

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 06:14:36 pm »
How do you guys make commercial work worthwhile, quoted a pub and a nursing home recently and went in at fair prices but got neither job. In other words someone must have gone in lower than I did. But I don't see the point in going in low and end up earning less than if doing residential.

mark dew

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »

Mark dew,

I disagree with regards to not subbing from another w/c company because there is good work on offer off some of them

Yes i'm sure you're right archer.
I still do a job that was subcontracted to me 5 years ago where they told me the amount before I started. It's a cracking job and my most profitable work.

It's the exception for me though.

Archer

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

Where are you based mark