Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is you're preferred method of advertising?

Telephone Directories
Sign Written Van
Leaflet drops
Free Room Letters
Newspaper Adverts
Website

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

Effective Leaflet Advert
« on: March 03, 2006, 10:29:52 am »
Hi all,
I spend around £10,000+ a year on Directory Advertising, 118 advertising and a website. Ocassionally I'll deliver a hundred or so 'free room letters' myself but I've never tried a large scale leaflet drop.
I would not be advertising prices but am in two minds wether or not to feature my accreditation logo's.

Your comments please.

Regards
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Ian Gourlay

Re: Effective Leaflet Advert
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:23:33 pm »
I am puzzled why you would not want to show your acreditation logos.

Youve done the time declare the crime ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:03:15 pm »
Purely because I personally think that leaflets are more attractive to price shoppers and I dont want to immediately appear PRICEY :o

Alan

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:10:36 pm »
Appear to pricey, they won't call you

More chance of hooking them in during a phone call from them or a personal visit from you if you price in person.

You need to be like Kenny Crane! ;)

Look into my eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, 3,2,1, you're gone, when you come to, you will believe i am the best carpet cleaner in the world, and the £1000 i charged you for your lounge was good value for money.

If you don't know, hes a character off little Britain, a stage hypnotist. ::) ::)

Dave

craigp

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:14:26 pm »
alan just saw your acreiditations, blimey, you like courses or what?? ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:15:56 pm »
 ;D Think I got a bit carried away ;D

Eddie Conroy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:37:21 pm »
Alan,
You are becoming a big hitter on this forum , why do you not show your Croydon address, Website and email info in your profile.
Your input is undoubted- hopefully most on the web site believe that we learn and co-operate with all others
regards
Eddie

Everbrite

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:56:56 pm »
I find leaflets waste of time.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 03:08:39 am »
Eddie

Been using an osteopath for years! Now using a chiropractor what swung it was the DR in front of his name. If one looks a lot deeper and questions, the truth will be known! >:(

Ps a wanbe tm has the van for it ;D

To all

Leaflets do work it boils down to what you are offing and if potential customer wants it now!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 08:20:56 am »
on wednesday I had a leaflet from our local ford dealership, how much is a top of the range ford car?

if they can market £25k car with leaflets I'm sure i can market £100 worth of carpet cleaning.

leaflets work on all sectors of the market and not just price shoppers, but you need to put across the right message.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

BRSL

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 09:29:56 am »
Ever Bright

why do you think there a waste of time and compared to what  ??? ???

Thanks
James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 03:18:13 pm »
Sign written van, by far the best.

Secvond hand Berlingo, 50,000 miles, perfect condition. £2200. Vinyl lettering, and make it eye-catching, £150.

Total cost of advert, £2350: that's less than a year in Yellow Pages. And you can't drive a phone book. And the van lasts more than a year. And a van is a lot bigger than even a full page advert.

Keep the van sparkling clean, wash and properly wax polish every week. That takes an hour. Always park it in visible areas, don't hide it up someone's drive, leave it on the road and carry the equipment up the drive. Always, always, when you park, leave a few flyers under the wipers. They'll be gone when you get back.

Don't forget to sign-write the back doors, that way any driver behind you reads your advert for ages. (And don't "flick the V" out of a sign written van!)

Keeping the van pristine says that you are concerned about cleanliness.

If you are not working, don't leave the van on the drive at home. Park on the high street, outside the likes of Debenhams. Park at the supermarket, in the most visible end slot near the doors.

I regularly have my lunch in the cafe at my local Tesco, leaving the van in a prominent position with flyers under the wipers. In the hour I spend with a magazine and a coffee, 50% of the time my mobile will ring "just saw your van........."

After all, open Yellow Pages and there's loads of carpet cleaners. Go to Tesco, and there isn't.

But maybe, after reading this, the Tesco cafe will be full of carpet cleaners next week! If so, get together lads, and work out a rota!!!!

Martin S

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 03:42:10 pm »
Is it not also about what type of leaflet is delivered to what type of property?!

Will the same leaflet appeal in the same way to:

A:  The person, unemployed on low income, who lives in a council terrace with Car on bricks in front garden.   :'(

B:  The person, middle income, 3 or 4 bed Semi or Detached on private estate, with Mondeo parked on drive.  :)

C:  The person, high income, large village property with land, and BMW in Double Garage.                              ;)                 
Martin

colin thomas

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »
andrew, very good post, it made me think about my van that doesn't get cleaned enough!! i drive home through my busy town at the end of the day to be seen by potentials rather than the quicker by-pass route home, my one doubt is, what is lunch time?, i am too busy to sit in tescos for an hour drinking coffee!!

colin
colin thomas

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 04:40:58 pm »
Hi Colin

I'm glad that you don't have time to sit in Tesco............ of course, that means you have enough work already!

I need my regular injection of caffeine..... without it I am tired and irritable, with caffeine I am wide awake and irritable.

;D

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 04:10:21 pm »
Is it not also about what type of leaflet is delivered to what type of property?!

Will the same leaflet appeal in the same way to:

A:  The person, unemployed on low income, who lives in a council terrace with Car on bricks in front garden.   :'(

B:  The person, middle income, 3 or 4 bed Semi or Detached on private estate, with Mondeo parked on drive.  :)

C:  The person, high income, large village property with land, and BMW in Double Garage                            ;)                 

Probably not, because "the person, high income, large village property with land, and BMW in Double Garage" is the local Carpet Cleaner so he does his own carpet,  "the person, unemployed on low income, who lives in a council terrace with Car on bricks in front garden" likes his carpets nice and sticky, and "the person, middle income, 3 or 4 bed Semi or Detached on private estate, with Mondeo parked on drive" bought laminate flooring from IKEA.  ;D

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 06:43:18 pm »
My thoughts are

Council estates; i don't leaflet them, but whn works comes from there, they usually give you a tip.  Have you ever wondered why mobile vans target the estates selling food and fAgs, but don't do the private estates.

Some people are not careful with their money, the money people often are.

James (Pile Profile) u must be busy as u keeping a low profile lately on tms

Dave

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 09:43:44 pm »
Andrew how did you know that was me?

"the person, high income, large village property with land, and BMW in Double Garage"

and anyone who knows me will tell you the same.

Shaun