This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

GrippaMax - Hot Systems
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:37:03 am »
Thought I would share my review of our GrippaMax Hot System with you all.

Last year when sourcing a new van, I looked at many systems, on price and safety, and of course ease of use. We needed a delivery only system, crash tested. This ruled out most suppliers instantly.

Having looked at the usual suspects, and had lengthy discussions, I couldn't find anyone who would build the system to my specification, it was off the shelf (more or less), or nothing.

That was until I discussed things with Oliver at Grippa.

I run my business in a particular way, as I am sure a lot of you do, and I like things done the way I like things done, including the van set ups, as I believe the way we have them set up works well for us.

So, discussing things with Oliver, I immediately found him to be extremely knowledgeable about the products we discussed, and the industry and what the system would be doing. Great start.

For this new van, I wanted a hot system, as having had one previously, an L5 gas system, I could see the benefits, but this time I wanted something more reliable and without worrying about a gas bottle rattling about. The system also needed to be able to be left overnight in freezing conditions without the need of mains powered heating to stop freezing. Whats the point in a hot system if your connecting pipes and reels freeze up over night?!

So...Grippa didn't offer a hot system at this point, but were contemplating it, and between myself and Ollie, we bashed heads and ideas for quite some time to develop a system that would be up to the job. Essentially a hot system that required little or no maintenance in terms of winterising or changing gas bottles etc.

Having had the vehicle floor treated with Line-X, at  their dealership in Slough (superb flooring by the way, HIGHLY recommended!), the van was ready to go to Grippa.

Backwards and forwards we went, tweaking various design elements and plumbing, controllers and so on, until we got what I see as a fantastic system that does everything I want it to do.

So what do we have?

- 650l crash tested tank system - superb, cant feel any sloshing/momentum from water, this saves brakes and suspension, van is a dream to drive!
- Webasto based water heater
- Liquid Logic controllers with variable thermostat and recyling set up for freezing nights, simply plug reel into a return feed pipe, and it heats the water for a set period of time to stop freezing. Doesn't fire it up for hours at a time, leaving you with no fuel in the morning, just enough to ensure system doesnt freeze. Also control the temperature through these!
- Floor mounted Redashe reels, on a crash tested frame, often an element forgotten about, wouldn't fancy a reel to the head in an accident!
- 2 x 110a Batteries with intellegent split charge system, been in 6 months and never needed charging yet!!

Many other neat little touches we developed along the way, but it's a long enough review as it is!!

Remember this is a development system, so might not look as "polished" as production models!

A few pics for you:

rich fraser

Re: GrippaMax - Hot Systems
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:22 am »
So where is the gas bottle?

concept

Lee GLS

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:05 pm »
That's all the ionics and pure freedom hot box are sent they? A warbasto heater.

rich fraser

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »
When will this particular set up be available?

concept

ben M

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »
Look amazing!
How do you purify the water?

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »
Nice set up. Wheres the webasto/header tank situated and the controls for it?

concept

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 12:28:23 pm »
Look amazing!
How do you purify the water?

Static system with 2x1000l ibc's, fully automated so I never have to do anything to it,I and the guys fill up from there.

ben M

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 12:30:23 pm »
which van is it?

concept

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 12:30:32 pm »
Nice set up. Wheres the webasto/header tank situated and the controls for it?

The system is controlled through the Liquid Logic controllers, and the heater set up is in the cabinet to the rear of the tank, nearest reels.

I understand a new controller is being developed with a touch screen to control all the various elements. Can't wait for that!

niceandclean

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 12:33:54 pm »
Nice  :)

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »
Very nice  :)
What's the overall price?
And running costs on diesel hot?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »
yeh
what is the cost to buy and have installed?

concept

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »
Very nice  :)
What's the overall price?
And running costs on diesel hot?

Not noticed much of a change in fuel consumption, so maybe a couple of pounds a day? If it was ridiculous, then I'd worry, but it's not, and it's a useful addition for cladding cleans, fascias, signs, 1st cleans etc, so I'm all for it!

Cost wise, you'd need to speak to Grippa, as mine was a test bed, so was undergoing constant development for months.

Certainly not as expensive as Ionics, and comparative to Purefreedom, but being crash tested.

Scrimble

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 02:41:11 pm »
is the heater a on demand? or do you have to heat up 650l of water before you get hot coming out of the brush?

3 grand vs 200 hundred quid to not have a gas bottle? makes no sense to me

concept

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 02:45:15 pm »
is the heater a on demand? or do you have to heat up 650l of water before you get hot coming out of the brush?

3 grand vs 200 hundred quid to not have a gas bottle? makes no sense to me

On demand.

We all have the choice, I've run both and I know which I prefer.

LBWCS

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

Michael Peterson

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »
beautiful vans there concept mate