Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Eddie Conroy

Mouse Urine??????
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:39:22 pm »
Any Ideas?
Yesterday I cleaned some  green wool carpets in a country house and noted that there was evidence of Urine staining. On Prochems advise I pre wet using their Rinse and then  sprayed with a neutraliser and then extracted. The urine showed up as bright green jewels and whilst the carpet smelt sweeter there was no real reduction in the staining.

Separately there was black (possibly dark blue) spots in the carpets about the size of a match head and I counted 50/60 per sq metre. I was quite puzzled about their origin and went  through the full testing  with my spotter box. I noticed Bait boxes in the area which on examination had dyed bait inside. Could this be the cause of the spots? i.e. being eaten by the rodents and coming out the other end as stained urine  or droppings.

As ever, the customer was oblivious to the amount of staining and had assumed it was part of the texture.
Regards
Eddie

carpetclean

Re: Mouse Urine??????
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 06:45:42 am »
not sure if it will work on the staining but urine from woodbridge is very good and kills all the bacteria. i suppose if the client has lived with the stainsand thinks its part of the pattern then does it really matter !!!!
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed