This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

2 days in with new worker.
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:44 pm »
very happy.
Hes very keen and enjoys it,hes speeding up gradually and im sure in a few weeks will be a great asset.
It looks like its going to work out for the best.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Re: 2 days in with new worker.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:14:18 pm »
Sack him. Most would.  ;)

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:17:07 pm »
Total £  so far.

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:50:49 pm »
very happy.
Hes very keen and enjoys it,hes speeding up gradually and im sure in a few weeks will be a great asset.
It looks like its going to work out for the best.

Tell us how it's going after 3 - 6 months  ;)

robertphil

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:15:47 am »
good to hear its goin well

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:03:02 am »
give it a few months.............then he ll start missing windows,turning up late or not at all,standing on customers plants,leaving gates wide open,stubbing fAgs out on customers driveways,breaking plant pots,solar lights etc.

then he ll try canvassing your work saying your giving it up and passing the work onto him.

....oh the memories! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if he s any good and he has half a brain it wont be long before he starts up on his own!!

seriously though i hope it works out for you windiewasher

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:09:08 am »
spot on dazmond

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 07:15:10 am »
what h&s policy do you have in place for your worker ??? ??? ??? ???

robertphil

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 07:25:34 am »
why so many negative posts  about employing .? if you couldnt hack it you couldnt hack it
 oh ive had bad workers to rival the worst of the worst (van wrecker/stalking traitor syndrome) but the fact is unless you are happy to burn yourself out  long before you can retire to Eastbourne/malibu ,employing is the way forward .
i personally am still on the tools but now with workers i can choose what i do so that i feel fresh as a daisy when i wake up each day and its a great feeling
think about it,if Henry Ford had given up employing he would have only built a few dozen cars on his own and likely done his back in in the process . instead id think he enjoyed his later years , im pretty sure i read somewhere he had a house in Malibu

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 07:42:08 am »
my post is not negative mate i was half joking!!from my own experience i hated employing!why do you say you have to burn out if you work on your own? ::)roll

i know guys still working well into their sixties and they are fit as a fiddle.still on ladders too!!

the great thing about window cleaning is you can work the hours to suit your lifestyle.if you keep yourself pretty fit then being outside in the fresh air is a good thing no matter what age you are.

a few window cleaners on this forum are still window cleaning using trolleys too.i think dai is one of them and he s pushing 70!! ;D ;D

robertphil

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 07:47:45 am »
i hope im still able to climb a ladder at 70 myself.  id think the lads who stay a lone wolf long term keep their round small and compact .

burnout in all industrys is a real risk , iv known folk who hav crashed and burned because they did not pullout of the dive until it was too late .

in window cleaning the risk is on your shoulders or possibly your wrists

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:09 am »
I employee, and do not have any of the above mentioned issues.

Yes, you get annoyed sometimes over things that they do, but these are soon rectified.

I find employing is most benifical for me in the winter. Those cold miserble mornings when you cant be bothered to go do that annoying mission of a house or street, but you have to cos your employee turns up for work. Once your out there tho its fine.

At the end of the day, I have more money as a result of employing so I shall continue to do so.

Peace

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 08:10:56 am »
i understand what your saying robertphil.i certainly have aching shoulders after a hectic week esp if i have some bigger  domestic/commercial jobs due coupled with conny roof cleans,fascia,soffit cleans.

but at 41 its not a problem.ive just invested in 2 extreme poles as well.

ive been known to change my mind from time to time so ive not ruled out employing again in future.

i think stretching and swimming help but i think ill start having a massage once or twice a month.just need to find a place thats not a brothel as thats what the massage places are like round here!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

andyM

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:27 am »
i understand what your saying robertphil.i certainly have aching shoulders after a hectic week esp if i have some bigger  domestic/commercial jobs due coupled with conny roof cleans,fascia,soffit cleans.

but at 41 its not a problem.ive just invested in 2 extreme poles as well.

ive been known to change my mind from time to time so ive not ruled out employing again in future.

i think stretching and swimming help but i think ill start having a massage once or twice a month.just need to find a place thats not a brothel as thats what the massage places are like round here!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You will be guaranteed "A happy ending" Daz  ;D
One of the Plebs

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 09:04:07 am »
How are you paying him windie?? I hope hour doing it the correct way to avoid grief when you last expect it. i got stung by the tax man as was doing it as self employed with them signing invoices and not careing if they paid there tax or not as long as i did mine i thought i was ok which totally isnt allowed which got me investigated and they found all the little niggles over 6 years and billed me hefty for them. Defo get the correct insure too as you will come proper unstuck if anything did happen..
Its good to find an enthusiastic worker, if he is middle aged with family then that should be enough to keep him on the straight and narrow, if i didnt have 2 poof's working my other round id get family guy in who would depend on the wage to pay he's bills etc.
Hope all goes from silver to gold for you mate! You certanly have the ambition just dont make the mistakes of cutting corners like i did at the start thinking your untouchable.

windiewasher

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:09 am »
Thanks for some great advice even if some were negative.
Its a 26 year old with kids.
Hes keen and enthusiastic.
Yes going through sage on the internet to sort his wages and doing it official.
Total £  so far.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 09:25:50 am »
still on the tools after that  its not moving forward is it.  

i personally am still on the tools  

Hmm. Im saying nuffin!  ;D

robertphil

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:16 pm »
still on the tools after that  its not moving forward is it.  

i personally am still on the tools  

Hmm. Im saying nuffin!  ;D
touche!  ;D  but i WILL be off the tools afore ye 

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »
You have to retire at 65 you know

;D  ;D  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 07:07:04 pm »
The best of luck with employing. It's interesting reading this.
It could be the start of something great. A bit like david st ives progress not that long back.
Another go getter post to follow on here. Nice 1.
Keep us posted.  :)