This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james stanley

Be honest!!!
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:05:19 pm »
Hi, I currently have a 650ltr purefreedom hot system , great set up !!! but I must confess that I really don't think the extra 3 k I paid for the hot box has really been worth it , although its nice on a cold day and for initial cleans  I don,t feel there is much difference on regular maintenance cleans , looking back I wish I had just stuck with cold really, plus hot uses diesel and uses battery life and then there is the servicing costs also. Today I used cold and actually thought it seemed slightly quicker than hot ..... Has anyone else come to the same conclusion ? :)

Dave Willis

Re: Be honest!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:10:02 pm »
Yep.

dd

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »
If it is the isothermal 1 (which I have) IMO it does not heat the water enough to make a noticeable difference. Disappointed as i thought it would help with conny roofs. And yes it does eat batteries, so IMO a waste of money. Ouch.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18:22 pm »
I've never thought cold was better than hot.
Not £3k's worth if better though.
I got set up for less than £300.
Worth every penny if tgat
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

steven ainger

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:05:40 am »
Being honest, i still believe hot is better than cold ( been using lpg water heater for about 5 years. )
But i dont believe its 3k better.
It does help with new cleans, gutter/fascia cleans & conny roofs ( i dont use any chemicals on these types of cleans , just hot )
I also use hot everyday on mantainance cleans i just think it helps especially on bee/fly spots & baked on bird pooh,  all for a small weekly lpg cost.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:12:50 am »
Wait 'til winter and all those supple hoses and no freezing - bliss!

Mind you I get that and spent about £50 putting in an immersion heater!
It's a game of three halves!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 01:25:31 pm »
I converted our vans to hot for £200 each and we run them at 70 degrees which is so hot you can hardly put your hand in front of the jets. We have noticed no cleaning difference untill you get to at least 60 + degrees 70-75 is truly awsome on green con roofs , fascias and first cleans. other than those we use cold for the rest and hardly notice the running cost of the propane gas.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
whenever we have to work with cold water our number of call backs on regular jobs is about 3 times higher.

it was expensvie, and i dont know if, or how they can justify the cost if you can DIY for £200-£300... 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:40 pm »
I'd never go back to cold, even on a hot day.  Even on regular cleans the hot is so much faster and on first cleans or yearly cleans it's a no brainer.  Would I pay £3000 for the privilege though, no not when you can pay £150 for something that does the same job and is more reliable that also doesn't give you any battery issues or drink your diesel..

Simon.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 07:34:00 pm »
i have a gas lpg 6l and it just gets luke warm as did the reach to clean style one i had before, why is this can i make it hot ? i run a 100 psi pump with no controller i had one before the ez one from corwoods and this got hot so is it the other boilers are crqap ?

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:00:51 pm »
echoing what some have said

£200-300 yes its worth having and then probably more for the winter and first cleans, connys, etc

this time of year stick to cold and save the lpg cost

home6442

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »
i have a gas lpg 6l and it just gets luke warm as did the reach to clean style one i had before, why is this can i make it hot ? i run a 100 psi pump with no controller i had one before the ez one from corwoods and this got hot so is it the other boilers are crqap ?

Need to slow your flow down. The water is going through the boiler too quick to be heated fully.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:05:17 pm »
so you cant use one without a flow controller?

home6442

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:18:31 pm »
If you think about an electric shower as you turn the temp down the flow increases.
A gas boiler is the same you have to restrict the flow to allow time for it to heat the water.
It all depends on how many litres per minute your boiler will heat.
Then how many litres per minute you are pumping through it.

H2GoKent

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »
Wait 'til winter and all those supple hoses and no freezing - bliss!

Mind you I get that and spent about £50 putting in an immersion heater!

Me too.

(Pulls smug face)
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence