Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

How do your organise your work ?
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »
Example...........  in my local town I have about 90 customers spread over 6 rounds does everyone organise it like this or just lump it into 1 round ............. im on george.

Sean Dyer

Re: How do your organise your work ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »
Used to organise it In day blocks but when you are behind and do more or do less gets awkward so now I put it in rounds that are one area ... And arrange worksheets for the week from WCPro.
My work is pretty hard to schedule sometimes as I have 2,3,4 6,8 weekly and monthly lol
And some work has to be done on the same day each month, week

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »
Used to organise it In day blocks but when you are behind and do more or do less gets awkward so now

hmmmm not just me then ... i ask as seem to spend time clicking things and moving things around so thought easier just to lump it all together ... be pia putting it back though if i dont like it  :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:51 pm »
Organise ... me no understand.
Work ... me no understand.

Me window cleaner; no organise - no work. Happy!
It's a game of three halves!

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:13 pm »
Organise ... me no understand.
Work ... me no understand.

Me window cleaner; no organise - no work. Happy!

yup see what ur saying  ;)

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »
i only have 1 round (on george) , what i do is do not input the customer name and input a shortened address and put the price on the end of the address  e.g.    25JagurRd£9  so all the essential info is on just 1 short line

doing it this way allows me to print off the whole diary week ahead on 1 sheet of paper, i then overcolour the addresses with different coloured hi-lighter marker pens to seperate the rounds  

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »
I don't, it is a shambles....  ::)roll
if it is dirty it is fair game

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »
Example...........  in my local town I have about 90 customers spread over 6 rounds does everyone organise it like this or just lump it into 1 round ............. im on george.

you could lump it together,start from the 1st of the month and just keep working thru the work at a pace to suit yourself or a £ target, so lets say £3000 a month divided by 20 =  £150.00 a day, that gives you 8 days a month spare( not counting 31 day months) take off 4 sundays gives you 4 days a month to move things around, due to weather etc

You can either view it as a monthly system(12 cleans) or just keep working thru it( not fixed to the day) and the chances are it will be 12 cleans in the year

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »
I use a combination of a book for window cleaning and my iPad for everything else...

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 09:29:18 pm »
I just move things around on the planner. My work isn't totally organised yet, but at the beginning of the week I order the weeks work on the planner in the most logical way then work through. All on one round.

George Systems

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 11:42:07 am »
Hi

There's no need to have multiple Rounds unless they are in different locations - like seperate villages or towns.

Otherwise, stick all the Jobs on the same Round and make sure you have the Round Order set up correctly.

Paul
GeorgeSystems

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:25 pm »
Hi

There's no need to have multiple Rounds unless they are in different locations - like seperate villages or towns.

Otherwise, stick all the Jobs on the same Round and make sure you have the Round Order set up correctly.

Paul
GeorgeSystems

yeah,,,,thats what i was saying :D

ascjim

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »
I use George and I have the work set in days

shina

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:28 pm »
I use a combination of a book for window cleaning and my iPad for everything else...
I cant afford an ipad so i use a notepad instead ;D

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »
i work my mega round from A-Z in roughly the same order bar a few 2 monthlies and longer frequency jobs.i still have to reschedule a few jobs here and there but it only takes 10 mins or so once a week.

im VERY organised all of the time.a bit OCD in fact but better that way than being a lazy git!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:51 pm »
sometimes i like to do stuff back to front, you know mix it up a bit thats how i roll.

one day i could be like dazmond highly organized and everything, the next i could be like james from purefect more relaxed and do more of what I feel like. the end result is the same, the work is done i get paid :-) i hope you liked my examples as both are legends in my eyes

H2GoKent

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
Diary and memory.

On a weekend spend ten minutes looking and I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:45 pm »
I do it the old fashioned way.. A notebook and a '|' for cleaned and a 'P' for paid haha :p
when life throws you water, clean windows

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »
Hi

Paul
GeorgeSystems

hi paul
I have all my work into streets,can this be change so it all comes up in 1 round

thanks frank

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 09:22:11 pm »
 :-\ ???
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience