Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joey Eastwood

Re: People who under sell themselfs are simply mugs.
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »
I earn average £120 a day. £2400 a month is alot more than what anyone i know my age is on working half days. My costs work out to £150 a month so before tax £2250 for a 9 till 2 job suits me fine. Ive got mates who work 9 to 5's for HALF what i earn who hate their jobs, i love mine. £6 a house is perfect for me and i feel happy that my customers are happy and getting a fair price sorry if that offends you
when life throws you water, clean windows

AuRavelling79

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 09:58:59 pm »
Look Joey, you've come onto this forum in the last week or so and you're expounding your views as to how to get started and succeed in window cleaning. There are guys on here who have ten, twenty years experience who have changed from trad. to wfp and who know what they're on about who are explaining to you that the prices you are staring disbelievingly at are entirely possible.

They know that as a new window cleaner that you will not be able to do "3 big detached houses with massive conservatories" an hour trad. as a business model to go forward with. Otherwise you will be earning over £200 in a seven hour day; and you're not are you? Before you protest look at your daily figures over the last four weeks add them up and divide by 20. It's not the better side of £200 is it?

Now if you want to succeed you will not find a better bunch who will share their experience and assist you. But if you dig your heels in and do it your way then you will miss out on a lot of goodwill and help.

It's up to you.
It's a game of three halves!

roundbuilder

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 10:00:39 pm »
So you earn £1250 a week? £5000 a month? £60,000 a year? Your either greedy or got alot of expenses lmao

I actualy earn more than that. To do well in this business is easy but the input to get there is the drag and can sometimes seem never ending.

Simple way is 100 £10 customers a week
There you go £1000 a week.
50 £20 jobs a week
There you go £1000 a week.

Have a plan and work towards it.
Its not greed its being succesfull.
Im not flash or bigheaded im just proud of what i have built up.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2013, 10:04:04 pm »
than what anyone i know my age is on working half days.

How old are you Joey if u don't mind me asking?

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »
Im 23 and been a window cleaner since 20. I worked for a company before then brought a chunk of that and brought another round and canvassed myself some more. Before i was working for a company and i earnt half of what i cleaned in an average day id earn £60. Mayb that's why i think £6 is a good price because i used to get half what i cleaned. Not havin a dig at anyone but from my experience nobody would pay any more than what i charge in my area.
when life throws you water, clean windows

AuRavelling79

« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »
You just haven't asked them properly Joey ...

Let's take the big detached with connies you do for £10 (with 13 plate mercs outside). Don't you think some of them would pay £20 if they had their frames washed and the windows above the conny that you can't get to?

Of course they would.

So if you get one in a street where all the others have got minging frames and can't get the windows above the conny done (because you don't do the frames or above the conny) others will notice and come up to you and say "can you do mine?" and then you canvass each side of them and get a few more and then you're really rolling.

It's a game of three halves!

home6442

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:49 pm »
Joey
I wouldn't waste time trying to justify yourself to the o look at me aren't I brilliant brigade.
I know guys who work nights in factorys for £12 an hour and people who work in shops for a lot
less.
I mean good luck to anybody who is earning £60.000+ a year for cleaning windows but don't come out
with crap like Im worth it.
A nurse is worth it a fire fighter is worth it and so on but somebody who rubs dirt of windows come on.
Im proud to clean windows for a living and like yourself have doubled my earnings compared to my
last job.
I set my targets I achieved my targets and dont need anybody else dictating what my targets should be.
Joey I just wonder how many of these guys would even get of the ground in your area wouldn't like to bet
my savings on any of them.

wpclean

« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2013, 11:47:15 pm »
The trick is to find the right kind of customer, who really appreciates a professional service, and doesn't mind paying a decent price.       It takes longer to find these customers, and means you have to invest more money, and time initially, but over the long term you will find life easier, and less stressful.

You charge, what you think you are worth is the best advice I have been given.

G Griffin

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 12:11:18 am »
I undersell myself, probably. If you think I'm a mug, fair enough.
I'm not a good businessman; I treat it like a job with hours that suit. I'm not as driven by money as many of you obviously are.
But that's my business; I'm not letting the industry down  ::)roll. If you can't handle that, then maybe you aren't as cut out for business as you think.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Archer

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:15 am »
After reading a few comments, so long as you are happy cleaning the windows and are happy with your prices that's fine, we are all different.

Personally I have some houses at £5.00, and they are basic and simple, and I know people who earn lots of money with prices at £5.00, never be fooled by prices like that.

We all have different things we want to achieve, and prices we want to charge.

rosskesava

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2013, 12:14:28 am »
I earn average £120 a day. £2400 a month is alot more than what anyone i know my age is on working half days. My costs work out to £150 a month so before tax £2250 for a 9 till 2 job suits me fine. Ive got mates who work 9 to 5's for HALF what i earn who hate their jobs, i love mine. £6 a house is perfect for me and i feel happy that my customers are happy and getting a fair price sorry if that offends you

What always amazes me is the perfect working conditions all week and every week and perfectly organised rounds with perfect customers and never ever the odd job that is a bitch that takes much longer then expected and never any hold ups like traffic jams.

I have this image in my mind of someone window cleaning on wonderfull nice easy flat and all round accessible houses, no hold ups from wanting to chat for England customers, and then the next job a few doors down that is likewise and that scenario is repeated day in and day out and week in and week out and the weather is always perfect and sunny and warm and the window cleaner never gets tired and is always smiling.

Every window is also straight forwards and easy and of course organising it all is easy peasy and takes no effort.

Just go out each and every day and average £120 working from 9am till 2pm. Simple isn't it?

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Archer

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2013, 12:19:45 am »

Joey,

Don't be sorry, £6.00 a house if your happy with that, then that's all that matters, just keep going, asking advice off others and you will be ok.

Keep going and sounds like your happy and doing well.

rosskesava

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2013, 12:23:38 am »
I undersell myself, probably. If you think I'm a mug, fair enough.
I'm not a good businessman; I treat it like a job with hours that suit. I'm not as driven by money as many of you obviously are.
But that's my business; I'm not letting the industry down  ::)roll. If you can't handle that, then maybe you aren't as cut out for business as you think.

I'm with you Griff.

I earn a living that suits me fine and I don't feel any need to be ashamed of not being able to clean four 3 bed semi's an hour all day and week and year long and I don't understand the 'my willy is bigger than yours' willy waving that goes on.

I sometimes think a lot of the 'I earn this much' is just utter bull shyte by those who are actually the opposite of what they claim to be.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Archer

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:37 am »

Rosskesava,

Yep, as long as your happy doing the work and charging your prices that's all that matters, and joey says he is happy so that's fair enough

roundbuilder

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:14 am »
This is getting a bit mad now. My point of this thread was that 2 window cleaners doing the same roads in the same area where both do the same job the same way with wfp but 1 charges £6 for the whole house and the other charges £15. If customers are fine paying £15 without questioning it then the guy charging just £6 is underselling himself and mugging noone but himself. Maybe he is happy earning £6 per house and fair play to him, my point was he could have got away charging over double of what he does which in theory would earn him much more or he could be working half the hours for the same money either way he is underselling himself.

keyser soze

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2013, 12:35:03 am »
if i was a  custy who earned 50g+ a year like they do down south,  i wouldnt mind paying top money out to a window cleaner . however the custys in my town generally only earn basic money . so you got to be reasonable or you might as well forget it. yet you travel a few miles down south and you could get better rates , also my work is very compact . theres no fighting through london traffic. im always only a few mins from home ..my point being- different areas different prices

rosskesava

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2013, 12:36:55 am »

Rosskesava,

Yep, as long as your happy doing the work and charging your prices that's all that matters, and joey says he is happy so that's fair enough

Good evening Mr Archer, and nice to see you posting on that other part of the forum again.

I'm not questioning the prices charged at all just the amount earn or rather how the amount is earnt.

With regards being happy, I know a retired bloke here in Brighton who does piles of shops for a few quid a shop and he takes ages doing it. For him, it's a type of social thing and he gets a few quid extra on top of his pension and as he says, he's out and about every day and keeping active and meeting people.

Horses for courses.

Archer

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2013, 12:37:32 am »
I think what it is mick was the fact that you said the word, mugs.

You are right in what you say, but also some people are happy with what they charge, joey sounds like he's happy enough charging what he does.

Like I say I have some houses at £5.00 which are nice little earners  ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2013, 12:40:00 am »
if i was a  custy who earned 50g+ a year like they do down south,  i wouldnt mind paying top money out to a window cleaner . however the custys in my town generally only earn basic money . so you got to be reasonable or you might as well forget it. yet you travel a few miles down south and you could get better rates , also my work is very compact . theres no fighting through london traffic. im always only a few mins from home ..my point being- different areas different prices

I totally agree. Different areas are different. This is about same area. If you charged £6 per house but found out everyother wc is charging £12-£15 on the same streets as you wouldnt you question yourself of totally underpricing??.
I know what maybe £10 down south could be £5 up north and the cost of living reflects this somisnt much different in value by the time bills and mortgage is payed etc etc.

Archer

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:08 am »

Yes Good Evening Mr Rosskesava