Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joey Eastwood

Re: People who under sell themselfs are simply mugs.
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2013, 08:50:50 pm »
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=3+bed+semi&tbm=isch&ei=Pf3iUc7OOKWG0AXQg4DYAw&start=20&sa=N#i=10

Take a look at that house, if the back was same as the front id charge £4 front £6 all round and would take me 10mins... Your tellin me your charge a £10 for the front of that and £15 all round? Cant get my head round that lol
when life throws you water, clean windows

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2013, 08:51:59 pm »
5th house down on the right on the google page btw haha  :-X

roundbuilder

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:16 pm »
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=3+bed+semi&tbm=isch&ei=Pf3iUc7OOKWG0AXQg4DYAw&start=20&sa=N#i=10

Take a look at that house, if the back was same as the front id charge £4 front £6 all round and would take me 10mins... Your tellin me your charge a £10 for the front of that and £15 all round? Cant get my head round that lol
Yes £10 for the front easily and £12-15 for the rear included. Windows doors, frames and seals for £10 is a bargain to the homeowner.
You undersell yourself joey.. Think outside the box and do more than your competition.
Trust me.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2013, 08:56:24 pm »
Oh you are pricing for the frames too?? For that i charge double so £8 front and £12 all round, were not far off then, i assumed you meant glass clean and sill wipe which is the majority of my work! Haha

roundbuilder

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:22 pm »
Joey look at the old post i reserected from 2005 of min charges for then.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »
I have a round of £10 houses and they are all big detatched houses with massive conservatories

???

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »
Id love to take you canvassing on my rounds lol. If i knocked 100 doors and quoted a £10 front £15 all round id get approx 0 new calls. £4 front £6 all round i normally get 1 in 5

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

Yes £10 for the front easily and £12-15 for the rear included. Windows doors, frames and seals for £10 is a bargain to the homeowner.
You undersell yourself joey.. Think outside the box and do more than your competition.
Trust me.

I even know people who are charging £3 fronts and 5er all round lol... I think region to region there's a big price gap. I know some pole cleaners who charge more than me but they are only a couple of quid more. Still cant get my head round a £10 front lol

roundbuilder

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »
Id love to take you canvassing on my rounds lol. If i knocked 100 doors and quoted a £10 front £15 all round id get approx 0 new calls. £4 front £6 all round i normally get 1 in 5
Proof is in the puddin then. If your getting 1 in 5 accept your quote for such silly low prices of ££4-6 a house then id settle for the 1 in 100 that would pay me what im worth.
Your simlpy charging far to low if your getting 1 in 5 new customers!. FAR TO LOW.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2013, 09:35:42 pm »
But what good is 1 in 100? Im not goin work to clean a house a road.... Id rather have 20 £6 houses on a road and earn £120 9 till 2 than treck around an estate doin one here one there

AuRavelling79

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:42 pm »
I have a round of £10 houses and they are all big detatched houses with massive conservatories, they have all got 13plate mercs on the drive... I do about 3 of them an hour. I suppose everything is more expensive in London though.

Joey read what you've just put.

You're trad. You do 3 big detached houses with massive conservatories an hour. And you charge £10 a pop.

Come and work for me and if you can do three of those an hour all day long I'll pay you £12 a pop and charge the custy £20. Everyone's happy.
It's a game of three halves!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2013, 09:40:44 pm »
I agree with mick. But i'm a bit of a mick kent fan anyway! However to be fair to joey he's a glass cleaner! He said he doens include frames right joey? So i doubt very much you include doors either?

I'm not having a dig by the way, each to there own!
I live in lincolnshire by the way joey, which isnt a million miles from Leicester And i do know for a fact you could get more money if you included frames and doors as standard!

George

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2013, 09:41:39 pm »
I canvassed an estate of big houses before and quoted £12 a house £5er a front, most refused to pay that much and the few i picked up i ended up leaving because they where few and far between. I dont think im too cheap i wouldn't have enough work charging those prices, or id spend most of my day trecking from house to house.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »
OK Joey, you're right. We're all wrong ...
It's a game of three halves!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
Where are you working? In town? What town or city? Rural or built up? Council or private?

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2013, 09:46:18 pm »
I agree with mick. But i'm a bit of a mick kent fan anyway! However to be fair to joey he's a glass cleaner! He said he doens include frames right joey? So i doubt very much you include doors either?

I'm not having a dig by the way, each to there own!
I live in lincolnshire by the way joey, which isnt a million miles from Leicester And i do know for a fact you could get more money if you included frames and doors as standard!

George

My £4 front £6 all round quote is for a two up two down standard semi, glass clean and sill wipe. To do frames i charge double that, so £8 and £12 but 90% is just standard glass n sill. And of course i give the door glass a quick scrim as i walk by ;) not being rude but in my opinion £20-£30 an hour which is what i earn is 4 times the minimum wage, earning anything over that seems a little greedy. I understand wfp incurs more running cost, which i dont know alot about. Mayb that's where the price difference comes in?

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »
OK Joey, you're right. We're all wrong ...

Bit childish

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2013, 09:50:51 pm »
Where are you working? In town? What town or city? Rural or built up? Council or private?

Leicester. And i avoid the council and gyro casher areas.. Lol. I think the difference is you do frames aswel as standard. I offer it as an extra for double the glass clean price, hardly anyone cares about the frames round here aslong as the glass and sills are clean...

roundbuilder

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2013, 09:51:48 pm »
But what good is 1 in 100? Im not goin work to clean a house a road.... Id rather have 20 £6 houses on a road and earn £120 9 till 2 than treck around an estate doin one here one there
Lol you seem to know so little about doing well in this game. I start at 9 and am never home later than 2 with upto an hour driving to and from area and work at my own pace and never clean less than £250 in a day, normally its more.
I do 6-8 fronts an hour as an average and most of my work is compact.
If im not earning £60-80 ph glass time then i canvass and build more work within that area untill i do hence i love my business and love building it to its full potential.
Id have jacked it in a long time ago if i had your prices and way of thinking.

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but just proving a point that under pricing and not putting prices up or believing £6 a house is a good thing is simply madness and your working upto 3 times harder and 3 times longer to reep the same rewards.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
So you earn £1250 a week? £5000 a month? £60,000 a year? Your either greedy or got alot of expenses lmao