Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Archer

Re: People who under sell themselfs are simply mugs.
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »

8weekly,

sorry but your imagining what I am saying  ::)roll

What I said was, some people have taken up window cleaning because they can clean windows from the safety of the ground, rather than having to use ladders, where they maybe thought they where dangerous or possibly scared of climbing them, or heights.

I know what you meant though, because im dim aswell  :-[

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »
if i charged an average of 32 quid a house i would be out of business . i couldn't imagine any of my custys would pay that much... mind you i am from up north .( no money town)... even the local window cleaners commute

I know, unbelievable, yet true. You couldnt make it up. Unbelievable what you can achieve when you set your mind to it despite your deepest doubts.

roundbuilder

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »
if i charged an average of 32 quid a house i would be out of business . i couldn't imagine any of my custys would pay that much... mind you i am from up north .( no money town)... even the local window cleaners commute

I know, unbelievable, yet true. You couldnt make it up. Unbelievable what you can achieve when you set your mind to it despite your deepest doubts.
Thing is though how many do you do an hour of your £32 jobs?? If 2/3 then you defo have a winning round.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2013, 11:39:52 pm »
According to your definition I guess we have a winning round then.

roundbuilder

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:51 pm »
According to your definition I guess we have a winning round then.
Top man!

C o z y

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »
I reckon, when in a hole, it's best to stop digging.  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:23 am »
Great idea mate, by the way would you canvass as south as Romsey and surrounding villages, usually do my own but at the point now where i'm too busy to fit much canvassing in and too knackered of an evening. Nothing definite but might be interested at some point
why do you want work in Romsey when you live in Essex ? Seems like every one in the south of England wants to come to Romsey. There's a bloke that's comes from Portsmouth 2days a month and I don't understand why surely there's plenty house in Portsmouth to do, don't get me wrong it doesn't bother me just don't understand why people travel miles when surely it's better to stay closer to home.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 12:16:18 am »
Great idea mate, by the way would you canvass as south as Romsey and surrounding villages, usually do my own but at the point now where i'm too busy to fit much canvassing in and too knackered of an evening. Nothing definite but might be interested at some point
why do you want work in Romsey when you live in Essex ? Seems like every one in the south of England wants to come to Romsey. There's a bloke that's comes from Portsmouth 2days a month and I don't understand why surely there's plenty house in Portsmouth to do, don't get me wrong it doesn't bother me just don't understand why people travel miles when surely it's better to stay closer to home.
I live in Romsey.. ???

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:48 am »
Sorry mate it's says on your location  your in Essex .

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2013, 12:21:15 am »
I used to mate, thought i'd changed that.
Are you in Romsey then mate?

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 12:22:25 am »
Come from Romsey but at the mo in north baddesley

mark dew

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2013, 12:30:03 am »
Another inspiring thread which many have taken the wrong way. Some will read this and will strive to achieve, others will see it as willy waving without wondering how it's done.
There's £££s to be had from some replies on here if people wonder how, instead of how not.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »
Moaning at £6 a semi? If i charged any more id have no customers... I can do 4/5 semis an hour at £6 that's £24/£30 an hour which is more than enough.
when life throws you water, clean windows

roundbuilder

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »
Moaning at £6 a semi? If i charged any more id have no customers... I can do 4/5 semis an hour at £6 that's £24/£30 an hour which is more than enough.
Where are you in the uk joey and how long have you been a wc?? If up north then fair do's as i can only speak for me london bound.
A lot of window cleaners simply dont put there prices up.. Like i said when i started in 2002 the round i bought was £7 houses which are now upto £12/15 houses with a min of £10 for a front if they are not in for backs etc going up £1 every 2 years.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2013, 08:30:37 pm »
£10 a front???? Are you cleaning mansions lol? Im in Leicester midlands, been a window cleaner 3 years. For a 2 up 2 down semi front in charging £4, £6 all the way round all my cleaning is Trad too

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2013, 08:33:22 pm »
I have a round of £10 houses and they are all big detatched houses with massive conservatories, they have all got 13plate mercs on the drive... I do about 3 of them an hour. I suppose everything is more expensive in London though.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:23 pm »
I'm glad I don't live up north if you can only get £6 to do a whole house, I wouldn't even do a front for that. At the end of the day window cleaning is a luxury and from my experience most people expect it to be expensive and are more than happy to pay a good price for a good job done. These cleaners that offer a cheap service are of no threat to me as most people are aware that you get what you pay for and are happy to pay my prices as they know I do a great job every clean.

roundbuilder

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2013, 08:43:30 pm »
No i only target terrace and semi's. I find it easy to get £10 front. However when i do full house On a terrace its only£12 and semi's £15 but with a bit of savvy i hit the ones with no rear access unless going through there house so can get £10 front and agree that when they are in ill come through to do backs which hardly happens they just get used to fronts done every 4 weeks.
I find your priceing verey low indeed mate.i defo couldnt trad 4/5 full houses an hour every hour 8 hours a day earning me £210 per day. If you on £850 a week trad on those low prices then fair play but think how much more you could be on if you priced higher??. Next time you go out canvassing offer your services for £10 min per house and make sure you wipe all seals and frames and pitch" unlike other cleaners in the area im proud of my work and dont leave bird poo and dirt after i leave so do the frames and seals all in the price so its great value too you".
Its all how you sell yourself, your business and the service your offering.. Better still go wfp and your 4/5 semis an hour will become easy reality.

roundbuilder

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:42 pm »
I'm glad I don't live up north if you can only get £6 to do a whole house, I wouldn't even do a front for that. At the end of the day window cleaning is a luxury and from my experience most people expect it to be expensive and are more than happy to pay a good price for a good job done. These cleaners that offer a cheap service are of no threat to me as most people are aware that you get what you pay for and are happy to pay my prices as they know I do a great job every clean.
Wise words from a wise man.
I couldnt agree more!! I like to work for what i believe im worth which is why i choose to be self employed.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2013, 08:48:34 pm »
I couldn't justify £10 for a 3window front? I cant believe anyone would pay that much to be honest. I could clean 10 fronts easily in an hour, £4 a front £40 an hour all day long, i see £10 a front as extortion and to be honest would triple my tax bill haha!