This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ged

very steep block drive
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:05 am »
Got a  very steep block driveway to do. Although it does not have heavy traffic I am concerned about the blocks moving after pressure washing. Has anyone had any experience of slip or subsidence on this kind of site. The site slopes down away from the road to a garage  and the only drainage is a soak away,so its a wet vac job. Cheers, Ged

Kenny83

Re: very steep block drive
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:16:30 am »
I did one the other day, only it was facing to the road, which to me was more difficult as I had to chase the water down the road, also made a make-shift barrier / dam to stop the crud going all over the road and path. I would do the same in front of the drain to stop it getting blocked. I don't bother with a wet vac I just carry a mud sucker on the van (much smaller than carrying a vac around all the time). Never had a problem with blocks moving, use a surface cleaner or hold the lance at a shallow angle to avoid jetting the substrate out and you should be fine.
 ;D 
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Ged

Re: very steep block drive
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »
Hi Kenny,thanks for your advice, where did you get the mud sucker pump? Think it might be worth looking into.