Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon@Pristine Pathways

25l containers..
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »
Where do you get rid of yours?
I need to get shut of a load ex hypo, acid, sealer etc.
I seem to be paying rent on a garage to store rubbish in.

When I started pressure washing I didnt have enough equipment and bits and pieces to fill a transit van....now van is full, shed is full, side of house and rented garage is full. Its good to moan.

wpclean

Re: 25l containers..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:18:25 pm »
Advertise them on fleabay, a lot window cleaners buy them for their trolley's !

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:24:36 pm »
Si,

Mark will give you £1 per drum back for your hypo drums.

Sealer drum I gave to scrap lads. HF drums go back too. Others we get lumbered with and sometimes saw them in half and burn them in a barrel in the yard.

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:31:26 pm »
Lee

Nice one ill take them back with me on next visit.

Can you text me the address for friday I ll  be with you about 10am.

Simon

Matt Gibson

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

When I started pressure washing I didnt have enough equipment and bits and pieces to fill a transit van....now van is full, shed is full, side of house and rented garage is full. Its good to moan.

I know how you feel. I got a load of hypo delivered today, had to store some in the house as i cant get in the lockup cause of the two trailers, chems, diesel, and spares.

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »
Lee

Nice one ill take them back with me on next visit.

Can you text me the address for friday I ll  be with you about 10am.

Simon

Si, change of plan mate if it agrees with you.

Warrington job has moved now. Thursday night I'm working in Preston so will be getting my arse out of bed about 11am then over to Knutsford. Is Knutsford any good? Down the 56 for you.

Kenny83

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »

I know how you feel. I got a load of hypo delivered today, had to store some in the house as i cant get in the lockup cause of the two trailers, chems, diesel, and spares.

Matt how bigs your lock up? And how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking? wish I could fit 2 trailers in mine, looking for somewhere bigger at the minute but not sure on what to expect to pay
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Neil Jones

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »
One a week in the bottle bin. I collect the rest, my girlfriend loves me for it.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:40 pm »
Lee,

I only have a 20' container. I pay £100  a month. There were others for rent local to me for £80 per month but the one i rent is full fenced/locked up and security on site. The trailers arent massive but its still a squeeze.

I need to get a new coil for the old trailer and then sell it.

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:49 pm »
Yeh but is there a 13 stone Rottweiler on the yard?

Kenny83

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »
Yeh but is there a 13 stone Rottweiler on the yard?

That dog weighs more than me!  ;D I bet that wouldn't get pushed back by 30lpm  ;D
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »
Lee,

I only have a 20' container. I pay £100  a month. There were others for rent local to me for £80 per month but the one i rent is full fenced/locked up and security on site. The trailers arent massive but its still a squeeze.

I need to get a new coil for the old trailer and then sell it.

That's what I have too matt, a 20'er, thinking about hiring another the same size at the side of it or looking for a workshop type premises as the neighbours were complaining the other day when I had a gx390 roaring lol
Pressure Washing -

Matt Gibson

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »
No neighbours near mine. The 20' is a decent size for me. I can get everything in and out easily with one trailer in it amd have room spare to work on things. just need to pull my finger out. Im dreading doing the coil. Need to measure it all up and dont want to mess it up.

Kenny83

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42:54 pm »
No neighbours near mine. The 20' is a decent size for me. I can get everything in and out easily with one trailer in it amd have room spare to work on things. just need to pull my finger out. Im dreading doing the coil. Need to measure it all up and dont want to mess it up.
Ive changed a couple of coils, to be honest they're not that bad, the hardest part is getting the inlet / outlet fittings off as they tend to rust / weld themselves on. Also a tip when replacing the coil is get yourself a couple of copper sealing washers 9like the ones that go round diesel injectors) and put them inside the female fitting when you screw the new coil on, because the the nipple in the females will have probably rusted and all miss shaped so probably won't get a proper fit and may leak, copper sealing washers sort this out. although you may not need them it's worth getting some just incase  ;D
Pressure Washing -

Matt Gibson

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:02 am »
Good tips mate, thanks.. I spoke to exchange and they told me what measurements they need, just dont wana mess it up..

Simon,

Do you have diesel machines?

I started off with 2 25L drums filled with red everytime i went to the pump, had to keep going back too often. saved all my empties, now i only go fill with red once a month..

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 09:13:11 am »
Matt mine are petrol machines. One day will go diesel but it suits my needs a the moment.

Lee I will phone you today.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 06:37:26 pm »
mention on the window cleaning forum loads of guys would want them

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »
Dont window cleaners read this section? Or only when they want advice for an easy add on!
Ooo iam a bitch... ;D