This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen.C

Water wast from RO
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »
For the last 3 years I have been putting my waste water over my front garden, I now find the garden to the front is saturated with water as we have a slight run downwards to the house. My neighbour is a builder and said if I carry on I will affect the footing to the house. I have no drain to the front just the back. How do you lads dispose of your waste?
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Darren Spreadbury

Re: Water wast from RO
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:13:00 pm »
Run a hose round to the back then

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:13:31 pm »
cant you put a extension hose on and run it to a drain?

Stephen.C

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:36 pm »
No not possible long term, as the access is next door as our house is a Victorian terrace. As the moment I'm now running a hose from my van to our back drain with our neighbour's permission but he has made this very clear it only temporary as the hose goes right round his property.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »
No access to a sewerage pipe manhole or inspection cover?
Where does your rainwater from the roof go, have you a downpipe leading to a sewerage pipe or have you got a soakaway?
One of the Plebs

gto

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »
Put a hose through your letter box to thenearest sink or to the drain

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:33 pm »
grow some rice and watercress.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »
What about under the floor boards if you have a gap.

One window cleaner has a permanent hose that runs under the floor boards to the front 'garden' of his Victorian terraced house. He then screws his pipe onto this to fill his van in the street. I believe most terraced houses have a gap under the floor.

The other option would be to run a plastic pipe along the floor secured to or behind the skirting boards runing from back to front through the out side walls.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 10:07:04 pm »
run a hose up into your gutter if you dont have any grids or down pipes on ur house.. should flow to next door and down there grid over there.
Dave.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
Stick it through your neighbours letterbox.

H2GoKent

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:15 pm »
I have my RO in my shed at the end of my 60 foot garden. The tank is next to it, but the waste travels under my garden and into my drain. The point this makes is that it doesn't matter too much how far the waste travels. So find some way of getting to drain, under the floorboards and along to some pipe somewhere, connect to the rear of a sink? Under the floorboards to the kitchen maybe?

I knew one guy who dug a dirty great hole he said 10 foot deep and bury the waste pipe there. below the foundations etc and it was fine. Personally I'd prefer to find a way to connect to the drainage system
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Stephen.C

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 08:28:47 am »
Got it sorted permanent pipe under ground connected to my waste run around to my back garden.
My neighbours even going to give me a hand digging the trench.