This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Gold the Idiot loses one but only gains one.
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
So two months ago "Sean" the Aussie collars DtM and asks if we can do his windows as he's just moved in. Upon consulting with yours truly DtM explains we can "get them up to scratch for £20 and then it will be £11 every two months".

Go for it is the instruction and DtM duly does.

Fast forward to today and DtM knocks the door and starts. He's done the front when Sean the Aussie gets off the blower to say says he wasn't expecting us back and that he'll pay this time but in the future he only wants it done 3 or 4 times a year. I'm now working next door and DtM drops that little gem in my ear and I say don't worry I'll deal with it after I've collected the cash.

So "Sean" tells me he's using up his change and is that all right/fine etc. And I look him in the eye and say I understand you want to change the agreed terms?

"Well, yeah they don't really need doing every two months so I'll just let you know when I want them done and if they're really dirty I'll probably have them done every two months but if not I'll just leave it and get you the next time." (like he's doing us a favour to let us clean)

Well I say lightly - "maybe you'll find a window cleaner to do that for you, have a good day" and I turn to leave.

"You mean you don't want my business then?"

"No not really, (walking briskly away) you have a good day now."

So then my mobile rings and as I'm stood on a wall (health and safety) reaching a neighbour's windows I note it's his number and I choose to ignore it.

So then I'm back round the front and out comes Sean the Aussie to tell me that DtM told him he could have a one off clean and then on request to which I politely say my terms are one or two monthly and that I believe that is what DtM would have said. (DtM is well away at the other end of 100m of hose at the bottom of the close  ;D)

"Well what sort of way is that to run a business? Turning down work."

"Look "Sean" says I - why are you so worried? I don't want to work for you and you don't want regular cleans; that's it, good day."

"I don't want to deal with idiots like you" says Sean to which I say "so if you can't get your own way you resort to abuse ... top marks and end of conversation."

Inside he goes muttering under his breath.

If he wasn't an Aussie I'd put it down to the heat.

Hey ho. Within ten minutes a new custy is taken on opposite.
It's a game of three halves!

8weekly

Re: Gold the Idiot loses one but only gains one.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »
I had something similar a few weeks ago. I quoted and the guy said ok, but I only want them done every three months. i said, I am sorry but I don't offer a three monthly service as it i impractical. He said, well how about every four months then. Again I declined. He then said, "but I am the customer and you should do what I want". I politelely explained that I offer a service and it is upto him whether to accept it or not. No one is forcing him to have them cleaned every two months, but that is what I offer.

It is a you say Granville, they actuall think on occassions that they are doing us a favour by letting us clean their windows.

I had one the other day. A new "regular" and she said that whilst her neighbour wanted hers doing, she didn't. I explained things to her, to which she replied, "well as you arehere,you can do them if you want to". I declined. But it is an awkward one because the neighbour leaves the key to her garage with her so I would have to dump both.

bumper

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »
Get loads of them bad payers every 2 months the ones I drop you get other window cleaner picking up my bad work

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:13:47 pm »
He then said, "but I am the customer and you should do what I want".

I just say 'you're not my customer, so I don't have to do what you want. Because you're off my list'.

Well handled, Malc. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:16:09 pm »
He then said, "but I am the customer and you should do what I want".

I just say 'you're not my customer, so I don't have to do what you want. Because you're off my list'.

Well handled, Malc. 

+1.
I just say not any more.
Fewer words seems to irritate them more.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:27:30 pm »
I'd've set the rotweiller onto him (Wor Lass).

"Ga'arn; savage him...", I'd scream before releasing the beast to do her work!

Annoying when they try to change the terms and conditions though; it's one of my pet hates.  I really bore 'em to death (just like on here) about our terms and conditions before we do the first clean; which to be fair you charged more for anyway.

H2GoKent

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 10:38:45 pm »
Had one yesterday, his wife leaves a sarcastic message saying, 'you left a message saying you had cleaned the windows, not sure which ones because ours are filthy' phoned back and spoke to the husband who tried to say we regularly left a note for payment when we hadn't cleaned the windows. This was quite offensive because I took a long time over the job, because of previous unjustified complaints.
I've suspected for a while they are in financial difficulties and want to cancel, but of course instead saying I want to cancel they slag you off.

I just said 'Given the insulting way your talking I don't I want to deal with you, so quite frankly you can get lost' and I hung up, very satisfying
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:50 am »
i really think you people should know your place in society.............and i want to see more tipping of the hat and "good morning sire" from now on

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 07:34:52 am »
Works for me Bob .,,. I know my place

robertphil

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:52 am »
we seem to be a nation of complainers but that bloke from down under has no excuse whatsoever , hes obviously trying to fit in !

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 09:43:42 am »
People want an explanation why we won't work for them. I rarely give one, or if I do, it's as short as possible. It's pointless explaining to someone who thinks you "must" take their business, or that they are "always" right.

It's always the same result. If you dump someone, why stand and waste time explaining? I think Malc handled the plonker correctly.
No still don't understand, I must be thick