Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Just tried dumping customers.
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »
Snowed under with work so tried passing some of my work work on to another windy. Customer just phoned and went berserk. Never really thought about it before but she got very upset.

Oh well, live and learn.

DaveG

Re: Just tried dumping customers.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 06:13:30 pm »
Why did she go berserk Dave?
You can't polish a turd

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 06:20:04 pm »

I would imagine it takes away their choice of who they use?
Tony

stuart mc

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:23:04 pm »
they can go beserk all they like, if I decide I am not cleaning them any more then that is that, I probably would not pass them on though without at least telling the customer first though

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:23:51 pm »
Was it his wife?  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:31:09 pm »
Because she was one of my original customers from 2007. I hadn't phoned her in advance. I never even considered they would object. I thought I was doing them a favour in a way because I was two months behind with her.

My Mrs could see her point though.

She said "we helped to get you started" which was true I suppose.

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
Because she was one of my original customers from 2007. I hadn't phoned her in advance. I never even considered they would object. I thought I was doing them a favour in a way because I was two months behind with her.

My Mrs could see her point though.

She said "we helped to get you started" which was true I suppose.

She's obviously upset about it, take her a bunch of flowers around, it will be the best £5 you ever spend.

SPE

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
I can see her point, it does have an air of " I can't be arsed now I'm doing well and have better paid jobs".
( I maybe wrong perhaps there are other reasons)
Lesson learnt, some customers show loyalty and that should be returned or atleast be straight up enough to  explain the situation to them. most would feel the same I think, a stranger comes to the door and says" I'm cleaning your windows from now on because Dave said it was ok "

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:40 pm »
Yes that was exactly her point. I hadn't even thought about it. I hope the others take it better.

SPE

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 09:45:16 pm »
maybe its too late, but may have been better coming from you explaining why you wont be cleaning anymore and just leaving them the number of another cleaner you recommend . aahh well onwards and upwards  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 12:00:04 am »
could of just put her price up? ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

roundbuilder

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 08:06:58 am »
could of just put her price up? ::)roll

Yes why not just put her proce up if she is a good paying quality reliable customer.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 08:39:53 am »
so shes been a regular customer for 6 years?fair play if its a small 3 bedder stand alone miles away from other work but if its near other chunks of work but underpriced(it probably is!)then explain you will have to stop cleaning unless you put the price up £5 or whatever as its very underpriced.

its amazing how many window cleaners just dump work rather than explaining to the custy that they will have to stop cleaning......unless price hike!

i call them "ultimatum price rises".9 times out of 10 ive kept the job even with a £5 price rise!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »
I simply have too much work - some have to go. I work flat out most days and take two weeks holiday a year, Christmas week and one Summer week. I'm crammed to the brim and weeks behind.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »
fair play dave.why dont you sell some on?

i ve sold work on in the past.

Tomboler

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »
I simply have too much work - some have to go. I work flat out most days and take two weeks holiday a year, Christmas week and one Summer week. I'm crammed to the brim and weeks behind.
have to say that dosen't sound fun Dave, I'm no slacker but busting your guts like that could quickly get soul destroying....maybe I am a slacker  ???

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 07:17:17 am »
dave

can i help you with you work load????? ;) ;)

Dave Willis

Re: Just tried dumping customers. New
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 07:49:36 am »
Probably  ;D

I have a friend who's just started up - ideal I thought for tidying my round and passing on work. Didn't realise customers could be so loyal. I mentioned my problems to another customer yesterday - she said she would be very unhappy if I tried to pass her on to someone else.
Trouble is 98% of my work comes by recommendation which makes it very difficult to turn down especially when they start the conversation with "you do my friends house and she says what a great job you do". It's only window cleaning  ::)roll

Four jobs came in yesterday and a fascia quote.
Maybe time to employ perhaps.